Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels near London City Centre

Options
  • 20-01-2015 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm having an awful time trying to find a hotel in London. I am going in 2 weeks.

Anyone any recommendations on where to stay for 2 adults and 1 children.

We want to see all the attractions, London Eye, Big Ben, London Zoo etc...

Ideally we would prefer a hotel within 20mins (by train) of these places.

Budget approx. 200€ to €300

Edit: Is King Cross in an ideal location for sight seeing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm having an awful time trying to find a hotel in London. I am going in 2 weeks.

Anyone any recommendations on where to stay for 2 adults and 1 children.

We want to see all the attractions, London Eye, Big Ben, London Zoo etc...

Ideally we would prefer a hotel within 20mins (by train) of these places.

Budget approx. 200€ to €300

Edit: Is King Cross in an ideal location for sight seeing?

How many nights and what nights are you staying?
    What age is the kid? Are they sharing with you?

Kings Cross is ok. London is s big place and its not hard to get around to dkl the tourist spots via the underground.

I'd say you couldn't go too far wrong with a Premier Inn. They have loads around and their website has a good map of their locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Yes, Kings Cross is fine. It was quite bad a few decades ago but it's been totally transformed. It's got perhaps the best transport links of anywhere in London, and there's a Premier Inn very close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Cheers lads.

Going February 6th. She is 7 years and will be rooming with us. I was looking at a Holiday Inn hotel in Kings Cross for €250. I'll try the Premier Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

I always suggest the Premier Inn in Tower Hill to people travelling

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/LONCIT/london-city-tower-hill?cid=KNC_Brn_G_UK_UK_Eng_Enc_LO_London_EX&mckv=s8YL0pCrY_dc|pcrid|41151925539|kword|premier%20inn%20tower%20hill|match|e|plid|&gclid=CMqV_euXpcMCFRSGfgodQBsAPw

2 minute walk to tower bridge, tube/DLR stop just around the corner but away from the crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

There is a holiday inn a few minutes from bond street tube station, 10 or so minutes walk from Oxford street. I think it is called the holiday inn Oxford Circus.

If you can use something like quidco and from there hotels.com They offer something like 8% - 10% cashback, which should bring down the cost of the hotels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Stay out of town and commute, I think the hotels in town will be over £100 a night.

Advertisement