Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to access public website of a hospital

Options
  • 21-01-2015 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

I get this message every time I try to look up www.hermitageclinic.ie, the private hospital in Dublin. I havn't been able to access the website for months.

What is causing this? It is my personal laptop and I don't have any problems accessing any other website apart from this one.:confused:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

or this one............

Error occurred: 403 - forbidden

Apache Server at: d1039619-15.cp.blacknight.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

works for me atm. i'm using vodafone internet dongle.
    try power cycling your router/modem? Since it's on your laptop, can you try a different connection to test, ie mc donalds etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    I get this message every time I try to look up www.hermitageclinic.ie, the private hospital in Dublin. I havn't been able to access the website for months.

What is causing this? It is my personal laptop and I don't have any problems accessing any other website apart from this one.:confused:

Forbidden

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

or this one............

Clear the cache in your browser.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Information Security.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I tried clearing cache last week, and indeed spent 2 to 3 hours with various options trying to sort it out, but failure. I still can't access any part of the hospital website and I need to look up stuff relevant to my health needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

VONSHIRACH wrote: »

Forbidden

or this one............

Have you tried 1) A different internet browser and 2) another machine at your address to access the site?

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Have you tried 1) A different internet browser and 2) another machine at your address to access the site?

I tried google chrome and internet explorer. I only have one machine.

I tried all the steps 1 -4 below. Step 5 would mean that nobody could be accessing the website for several months. Step 6 seems to be last idea.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/403error.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

Just tried this and got the same error on both phone and tablet with o2 connection. Switched one to work WiFi and it loaded fine. Not sure why the client IP or ISP would affect this but at least it is not just you. Some sort of proxy service might work if you cannot try a different connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I tried it now on Chrome and got connected.

• Advertisement
Advertisement