Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7000 € for health care

Options
  • 21-01-2015 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all

I'd like to get some advice. My health insurance was always taking off from my salary my old company covered 100% of it and the new one meant to cover 65% we were transferred from vendor to another vendor

First month I received 600 € health insurance bonus even my plan is 85 € a month. I thought my company paid me the cover already for the whole year. When I received the next month again 600 € I went to HR and their answer was (I have even an email about it) that this is correct as health insurance plan costs around 7000 € a year.

I left it for another month and went then with my boss to HR to get an explanation again. Apparently the old company signed me up for a premium family plan and because this was a transfer they had to take this over and need to pay me this amount. I even seen it now on the document they gave us where it states what the old company did for us and what the new one will take over. It clearly says health insurance premium family cover plan and new company covers around 7000 € year

I find this all so ridiculous first of all I cannot even find such an expensive plan plus I only signed up for a normal one back in the days and now.

I really don't know what to do anymore I cannot enjoy that money knowing this cannot be possible.

How can I cover myself? Its hard to put 600 € beside each month and never touching it until the day they might want it back

I didn't hide anything I showed HR even my old payslips

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

We are currently with aviva and can change our plans every year. the premium family plan offered would be close to that 7k. but you can get almost identical cover for much less.

Most of the additional cost for us would be the premium offers full private rooms instead of semi private etc. the actual medical coverage is the same for less then half the cost, just the perks really push it up.

But that aviva, cant say for sure with your insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sanny82

Skatedude wrote: »
    We are currently with aviva and can change our plans every year. the premium family plan offered would be close to that 7k. but you can get almost identical cover for much less.

Most of the additional cost for us would be the premium offers full private rooms instead of semi private etc. the actual medical coverage is the same for less then half the cost, just the perks really push it up.

But that aviva, cant say for sure with your insurance

Thanks good to know there is really such an expensive plan. Still I never signed up for it even now I am on my 85 € a month plan and my company still pays the amount for premium family plan

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

sanny82 wrote: »
    Thanks good to know there is really such an expensive plan. Still I never signed up for it even now I am on my 85 € a month plan and my company still pays the amount for premium family plan

Stick the extra money into as high an interest on demand account you can find that way you won't be tempted to spend it and keep at your company because you could also be hit with a huge BIK tax getting an extra €600pm for health insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sanny82

Del2005 wrote: »
    Stick the extra money into as high an interest on demand account you can find that way you won't be tempted to spend it and keep at your company because you could also be hit with a huge BIK tax getting an extra €600pm for health insurance.

Yeah I had this thought too I mean even when they want the money back one day I make a win win with the interest

How will the BIK tax calculated? Could you say roughly how much it would be for 7000 € a year? Is it not already taxed each month?

Advertisement