Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowboy Bebop fans: Favourite episode?

Options
  • 21-01-2015 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Cowboy Bebop is in my opinion the most unique and fresh anime I've seen.

What's your favourite Cowboy Bebop episode and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Probably Ep. 24. It's the 3rd last episode so I'm going to encase this whole thing in spoilers.
    I'm actually not even sure what I can say about it, Eds leaving and Fayes return coupled with the song used(Steve Conte's "Call Me, Call Me") is an emotional powerhouse of storytelling. I love loneliness as a topic and theme in stories so the conclusion of Faye finding that she has no home to go back to and that other than the Bebop she really has nowhere to go is something I loved.

Just looking over the episode now I realize that there's an interesting juxtaposition between Ed and Faye. Ed is happy being on the Bebop, he doesn't have any longing to try to find somewhere to belong whereas Faye is desperately longing for somewhere where she can call home. Ed, the one who doesn't need a home finds one, and Faye, the one who does need a home doesn't find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Equil

Ah yes, "Hard Luck Woman", that's definitely the most emotional episode.
    The themes of loneliness and existentialism are what drew me to Cowboy Bebop in the first place. The choice of music (especially blues) throughout the series is something I appreciate much more now being older.

That's a really interesting observation, I so enjoyed the exploration of Faye's character in the episode.
    Btw, I don't know if it's a typo or not so.. you know Ed's a girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Equil wrote: »
    Btw, I don't know if it's a typo or not so.. you know Ed's a girl?
    Nice catch. I do, by my last sentence I was trying to avoid calling Ed a he, missed that one though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

Ballad of fallen angels.

That was the point where I thought "Wow! this is really great".
    It was the first time they went into Spike's backstory.
    The epic scene in the church with Ave maria in the bg. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Equil

Excellent episode, it's when things really kicked off in the series. I really liked the song 'Rain' in that episode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement