Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pats accused of under inflating game balls against the Colts (MOD WARNING #457)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭me89

Vanolder wrote: »
    Will the league then have to dish out retrospective punishment to teams and players that did the same this year?

Wouldn't even bother wasting my time responding to these posts, some people just can't wait to get a dig in at the Patriots. If this was any other team it would only be getting half the coverage it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

If the Patriots do have to make a case to an NFL investigation, I'd be curious to know whether they'd have the audacity to claim a lack of knowledge of the rules as part of their defence, especially after the dressing down that Tom Brady gave to the Ravens, a few days ago, about their lack of knowledge of the rules and procedures regarding eligible receivers, after John Harbaugh cried foul.

It would be a bit hard to castigate your opponents for their alleged lack of knowledge of the rules one week and then claim that your own lack of knowledge of the rules as a defence for your own conduct a week later. If you claim that your opponent should know the rules, then so should you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Why is it this Patriots vs the rest attitude in here? If the Colts did it and were found guilty Id want them equally as punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I'm finding it very hard to believe that the deflation of these balls, up to 24% I heard mentioned on WEEI yesterday, was the work of some lone equipment guy and that Belichick nor Bardy had zero knowledge of it.

In an organization where Belichick is as "hands on" as he is and is praised for being so prepared it just does not make sense that he would be ignorant of such a practice.

This story is not going away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I'm finding it very hard to believe that the deflation of these balls, up to 24% I heard mentioned on WEEI yesterday, was the work of some lone equipment guy and that Belichick nor Bardy had zero knowledge of it.

In an organization where Belichick is as "hands on" as he is and is praised for being so prepared it just does not make sense that he would be ignorant of such a practice.

This story is not going away.

If the Patriots deflated balls Brady would very likely be involved given it's him who would have the biggest say in how he likes them. Wouldn't be sure about Belichick. It takes no time at all to deflate them and he might not have known about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Well you see thats the thing, you shouldnt base your opinion on what you hear from some media outlet. We still have no official word to work with, no idea how under the regulation the ball or balls were, if indeed they even were at all but I think for argument sake we can work off the assumption that at least one of the game balls was not up to regulation pressure.

Until they come out and say how far below the line the ball or balls were, how many balls etc then its pretty redundant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

...the deflation of these balls, up to 24%...

Where the hell did this 24% come from? I heard people say 16% (Tom E. Curran in particular keeps saying it), but even that's completely wrong.

The measure shown on the gauge is relative to atmospheric pressure, which is approximately 14.7 psi. So, the percentage difference of the gas pressure inside the balls was the difference between 25 and 27 psi, which is 8%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Assuming the officials okayed the balls this boils down to who let the air out and when, and if there was any advantage gained.

proving an advantage is tough

there was a wide receiver er in the 80's who put stickum on his hands and i think still holds the receiving yards record. They banned stickum the next year.

as to the cheating stuff, and as disclosure I'm 49ers, to me this is on the scale of the type of cheating that all teams commit all the time that draws penalties during games, specifically unsportsmanlike conduct or excessive force type cheating and is not on a par with salary cap breaches or tapping up players or spygate.

it will be interesting to see who let the air out and how much the token fine will be.

• Advertisement

CJC86 wrote: »
    Where the hell did this 24% come from? I heard people say 16% (Tom E. Curran in particular keeps saying it), but even that's completely wrong.

The measure shown on the gauge is relative to atmospheric pressure, which is approximately 14.7 psi. So, the percentage difference of the gas pressure inside the balls was the difference between 25 and 27 psi, which is 8%.

Heard it on WEEI. Cant recall the source, if thete even was one, could have been a throw away comment.
    I agree that we have to wait for the report.

What's most interesting is Brady's denial, as others have said he had a lot to gain, and its the way he feels the ball that would dictate how deflated or inflated they should be if the team are going to take such an action.

10940587_869285373136474_5090725181262983336_n-jpg.8274

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Heard it on WEEI. Cant recall the source, if thete even was one, could have been a throw away comment.
    I agree that we have to wait for the report.

What's most interesting is Brady's denial, as others have said he had a lot to gain, and its the way he feels the ball that would dictate how deflated or inflated they should be if the team are going to take such an action.

if he throws shyte in the SB we'll know!

matthew8 wrote: »
    If the Patriots deflated balls Brady would very likely be involved given it's him who would have the biggest say in how he likes them. Wouldn't be sure about Belichick. It takes no time at all to deflate them and he might not have known about it.

But based on what we have heard and seen over the years this is exactly the level of detail and "game management" that Belichick is involved in.

Add to that that we have been told that this is something that is widespread throughout the league, I'd be very surprised if Belichick was not aware of the action, and more than likely involved in the scantioning of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

heyjude wrote: »
    If the Patriots do have to make a case to an NFL investigation, I'd be curious to know whether they'd have the audacity to claim a lack of knowledge of the rules as part of their defence, especially after the dressing down that Tom Brady gave to the Ravens, a few days ago, about their lack of knowledge of the rules and procedures regarding eligible receivers, after John Harbaugh cried foul.

It would be a bit hard to castigate your opponents for their alleged lack of knowledge of the rules one week and then claim that your own lack of knowledge of the rules as a defence for your own conduct a week later. If you claim that your opponent should know the rules, then so should you.
    That's a hell of a rant; especially considering that the Pats haven't claimed that.

if he throws shyte in the SB we'll know!

But by all accounts deflation only give you the advantage in wet weather, so the SB will show us nothing.

• Advertisement

couldn't say for certain with bb, brady however was absolutely involved theres no benefit to it if he does not want is so of coarse he did and of coarse he denied it any of us would why would you implicate yourself and your franchise in this he's dead right to laugh it off both because theres no way to prove him guilty and because its ridiculous the amount of press this has gotten

But based on what we have heard and seen over the years this is exactly the level of detail and "game management" that Belichick is involved in.

Add to that that we have been told that this is something that is widespread throughout the league, I'd be very surprised if Belichick was not aware of the action, and more than likely involved in the scantioning of it.
    The "scrubbing" of the ball seems to be widespread. Rodgers has said he likes over inflating in the hope that the refs miss out on it.
    Not sure "deflating" footballs is widespread. If it is, then the NFL has been doing a terrible job.

couldn't say for certain with bb, brady however was absolutely involved

Guess we can close the thread then as Brady is the culprit. Case closed.

The "scrubbing" of the ball seems to be widespread. Rodgers has said he likes over inflating in the hope that the refs miss out on it.
    Not sure "deflating" footballs is widespread. If it is, then the NFL has been doing a terrible job.

"scrubbing" seems to be legal by all accounts so tats not an issue. and i think rogers said he likes it to be inflated more but if i remember correctly he didn't say over the limit so its probable he was saying to the upper legal limit (again can't remember exactly what rogers said but i think it was that)

the deflating would have to be done on the day anyway as it would be pointless in dry weather

But by all accounts deflation only give you the advantage in wet weather, so the SB will show us nothing.

The Patriots scored 17 points in the first half with deflated balls and they scored 28 points in the 2nd with more inflated balls. The advantage is negligible.

Not to mention Aaron Rodgers likes over inflated balls. Is Aaron Rodgers purposely sabotaging himself?

All it is, is a QB's preference. Competitive advantage appears to be negligible at best.

You can't tell the difference between a ball that is 11 psi and 13 psi:
    "I asked our equipment guy to pump one football up to 13 pounds per square inch and another to 11 psi," Theismann told USA TODAY Sports. "I wanted to physically handle the footballs and see if I could tell a difference in them. And I couldn't.

Rich Eisen did a blind test on his show and couldn't tell the difference.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/21/joe-theismann-steve-young-nfl-deflategate-patriots/22130249/

• Advertisement

Guess we can close the thread then as Brady is the culprit. Case closed.

ya sure snide comments thats the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Assuming the officials okayed the balls this boils down to who let the air out and when, and if there was any advantage gained.

But do they need to prove that you gained an advantage if a rule has been broken ?

there was a wide receiver in the 80's who put stickum on his hands and i think still holds the receiving yards record. They banned stickum the next year.

If stickum wasn't banned at the time, then why wouldn't any record set with it have stood. Patriot fans were happy enough with the result of the infamous "Tuck Rule", a rule that no longer exists, because it did apparently exist as the time(even if almost nobody knew about it) and its possible that the tactic adopted by the Patriots against Baltimore last Sunday week may be outlawed when the rules committee next meets, but that will not reverse any advantage the Patriots gained from it up till now

it will be interesting to see who let the air out and how much the token fine will be.

I think the problem is, if deflating the balls in contravention of the rules gives a clear advantage and given that coaches/teams are looking for any edge they can get, if the only punishment is a token fine, every team will deflate the balls every week(if they don't already do so). I think many teams would pay millions more in salaries, if they were allowed to do so, if it meant a greater chance of winning, so if paying a fine of a few hundred thousand dollars gave them an edge, I think many teams would figure it was worth it, especially if the risks of being caught were small. The punishment needs to be more than a fine and the problem could be avoided altogether if the league provided the game balls directly with severe penalties for anyone engaged in ball tampering(as in cricket)

i think rogers said he likes it to be inflated more but if i remember correctly he didn't say over the limit so its probable he was saying to the upper legal limit (again can't remember exactly what rogers said but i think it was that)

"I like to push the limits of how much air we can put in the football, even go over what they allow you to do," is what Simms recalls Rodgers telling them.

ya sure snide comments thats the way to go

Snide? You state that Brady was definitely involved in deflating the footballs. Is it not a snide comment to say he's cheating with nothing to back it up? Check the mirror.

Snide? You state that Brady was definitely involved in deflating the footballs. Is it not a snide comment to say he's cheating with nothing to back it up? Check the mirror.

ok logic would dictate that brady was involved due to the reasons i mentioned is that better

The Rodgers defence isn't great. Though at least it is an acceptance and an attempt at rationalisation, which is better than the initial dismissal.

For starters, there is no direct evidence of it, merely a claim by someone that he said it. The direct quotes from Rodgers do not refer to over inflating at all, nor is there any evidence of it happening in a game.

But if there it, he too will have to face the suspicion that he is cheating. As the Pats are facing now.

ok logic would dictate that brady was involved due to the reasons i mentioned is that better

Logic would suggest that it's the QB that has more involvement in their preference for ball pressure.
    Logic would then suggest, that if it's proven that the Pats did deflate the balls, then it may be likely that the QB was involved.
    At the moment we don't know if anyone was involved, so I can't jump to the conclusion that Brady got someone to stick a needle in the balls to deflate them.

Your reasons/speculation? I don't know if "Brady knows it can't be proven" means that he was involved.

Logic would suggest that it's the QB that has more involvement in their preference for ball pressure.
    Logic would then suggest, that if it's proven that the Pats did deflate the balls, then it may be likely that the QB was involved.
    At the moment we don't know if anyone was involved, so I can't jump to the conclusion that Brady got someone to stick a needle in the balls to deflate them.

Your reasons/speculation? I don't know if "Brady knows it can't be proven" means that he was involved.

no my reason was that he was the only one that benefited and a player at his level who touches footballs daily and is a known perfectionist would have known there was a difference albeit a slight one

but it won't be proven because there is no way of proving it so your absolutely right it was a rouge ball boy did it for no reason at all

no my reason was that he was the only one that benefited
    It seems that those catching the ball and carrying the ball would also benefit (according to most analysis I've read/seen). So not just the QB that would only benefit.
    your absolutely right it was a rouge ball boy did it for no reason at all
    Can you quote where I said that?
    Or is this one of those snide comments that you dislike?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

For all the conspiracy theorists out there:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

Pats fans won't like the read but it is interesting for everyone else when the questions are asked about how long they have been letting air out of the balls.

Now before anyone replies hysterically, this is not my personal view. I found it interesting reading. Also, I know stats are easily manipulated to suit an agenda.

• Advertisement

It seems that those catching the ball and carrying the ball would also benefit (according to most analysis I've read/seen). So not just the QB that would only benefit.
    its a cout issue with any of the receivers/running backs. also all the "scrubbing" that goes on during the week is done to the abs preference so it makes sense that this would be
    Can you quote where I said that?
    Or is this one of those snide comments that you dislike?
    absolutely it is as theres no point in continuing the conversation because unless video evidence of brady deflating the balls himself comes out i doubt your going to allow anyone even question him

You would think the refs, who handle balls, every single play, every single game, would have spotted something if the balls were any different to the touch really wouldn't you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In Exile wrote: »
    For all the conspiracy theorists out there:

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

Pats fans won't like the read but it is interesting for everyone else when the questions are asked about how long they have been letting air out of the balls.

Now before anyone replies hysterically, this is not my personal view. I found it interesting reading. Also, I know stats are easily manipulated to suit an agenda.

That magnificent site sharp football!

its a cout issue with any of the receivers/running backs. also all the "scrubbing" that goes on during the week is done to the abs preference so it makes sense that this would be
    I have no idea what this means.
    absolutely it is
    So now snide comments are the way to go?
    theres no point in continuing the conversation because unless video evidence of brady deflating the balls himself comes out i doubt your going to allow anyone even question him
    I don't need video evidence, just some evidence. And I've no problem with him being questioned.
    You apparently need no evidence at all to say he definitely was involved.

kryogen wrote: »
    You would think the refs, who handle balls, every single play, every single game, would have spotted something if the balls were any different to the touch really wouldn't you

refs would neither handily nor pay attention to the feel of a ball the way brady would and i didn't say they where "so different to the touch" brady would notice minor differences if qbs dont then why do teams get the balls beforehand so that the players (qb) can get a feel for it

eagle eye wrote: »
    That magnificent site sharp football!
    I couldn't access the blog page, but the homepage is an eye sore. It's like some pages that would have existed on Geocities back in the day.

refs would neither handily nor pay attention to the feel of a ball the way brady would and i didn't say they where "so different to the touch" brady would notice minor differences if qbs dont then why do teams get the balls beforehand so that the players (qb) can get a feel for it

You like to put across your opinions as facts a lot or just on Football matters?

I have no idea what this means.

the balls are slightly changed within the regulations during the week to suid the qb this is by all accounts common practise so it would stand to reason that this would be dont for the qb

So now snide comments are the way to go?
    what can i say you've dragged me to your level

I don't need video evidence, just some evidence. And I've no problem with him being questioned.
    You apparently need no evidence at all to say he definitely was involved.
    I'm merly following the logic that iv given to you.there will be no evidence its impossible to get.

iv already said that its been blown out of proportion i think most of the noise is being made by people who dont know a lot about football but tell me do you honestly think the organisation had nothing to do with this?

You like to put across your opinions as facts a lot or just on Football matters?

i gave reasoning behind it ex players and current players have said the ball gets prepared for the qb during the week minor changes are made to a ball because the qb prefers them this shows that a qb would notice minor changes.

I'm just joining the dots.... and you know giving my opinion on an internet forum :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

I couldn't access the blog page, but the homepage is an eye sore. It's like some pages that would have existed on Geocities back in the day.

Huh, seems the blog is gone.

I blame Belichick

i gave reasoning behind it ex players and current players have said the ball gets prepared for the qb during the week minor changes are made to a ball because the qb prefers them this shows that a qb would notice minor changes.

I'm just joining the dots.... and you know giving my opinion on an internet forum :eek:

Nope, you are stating that the refs would not know if a ball felt off or not, despite them touching them every single play of every game, its not like we are talking about inexperienced officials even.

Plenty of teams have come out and said they prepare balls, nothing wrong with that as long as it falls within the regulations.

You may pretend you are joining dots and allowing them to lead you to a destination, in reality though you have already made up your mind and are picking your dots based on where you want to get to.............on an internet forum!! :eek::D

Nope, you are stating that the refs would not know if a ball felt off or not, despite them touching them every single play of every game, its not like we are talking about inexperienced officials even.
    so do you feel the refs come into contact with footballs as much as qbs?
    Plenty of teams have come out and said they prepare balls, nothing wrong with that as long as it falls within the regulations.
    except this didn't fall within regulations
    You may pretend you are joining dots and allowing them to lead you to a destination, in reality though you have already made up your mind and are picking your dots based on where you want to get to.............on an internet forum!! :eek::D

:D

:confused:it makes no difference to me where they lead

:D

:confused:it makes no difference to me where they lead

Ah young Padawan, it appears it does though :)

Do the refs come into contact with footballs as much as qbs is the wrong question to ask. Its irrelevant.

What the question is, is whether the officials come into contact with footballs enough to know how they should feel, how they normally feel, what they feel like if there is something wrong with them and since you are fond of logic, logic would dictate that they do, given the frequency they handle them.

Again, there is actually still not official line about any of the balls, so to say this one didn't fall below regulation is jumping the gun, but for argument sake errors happen, such is life. A ball can deflate a little for many reasons, and do in every game, the level of the deflation would be important and how many balls obviously.

You have said ex players and all that have come out saying they worked balls to get them right for their qbs, I was just agreeing with you when I said plenty have come out and said they prepare balls. Not arguing with anything in that regard

the balls are slightly changed within the regulations during the week to suid the qb this is by all accounts common practise so it would stand to reason that this would be dont for the qb
    Yes. But that isn't what the controversy is about.
    what can i say you've dragged me to your level
    No. You started with a snide comment, and you've been continuing it since.
    I'm merly following the logic that iv given to
    you.there will be no evidence its impossible to get.
    You and I may have different definitions of logic. I don't know for sure that it's impossible to get evidence that the Pats did deflate the footballs.
    but tell me do you honestly think the organisation had nothing to do with this?
    The honest answer is, I don't know.
    I have my doubts that the Pats were deflating footballs in an attempt to aid them to defeat a team that they have soundly beaten on repeated occasions.
    But I can't say with 100% certaincy that the Pats (or other teams) are not doing it.
    Based on the current evidence, no. But we're still waiting on the NFL to come forward. Apart from leaking bits and pieces, they've been pretty quiet.

Ah young Padawan, it appears it does though :)
    :) honestly not in the slightest mate as i said a mid round pick if the organisation are found guilty and hopefully they can give the Seahawks a lesson in the Super Bowl
    Do the refs come into contact with footballs as much as qbs is the wrong question to ask. Its irrelevant.

What the question is, is whether the officials come into contact with footballs enough to know how they should feel, how they normally feel, what they feel like if there is something wrong with them.
    i disagree to be honest iv heard/seen multiple people on podcasts/tv holding both weights together and they could not tell the difference the fact that qbs make such minor changes to a ball during the week of a game to me shows that they have a heightened sense of minute differences in the ball
    Again, there is actually still not official line about any of the balls, so to say this one didn't fall below regulation is jumping the gun, but for argument sake errors happen, such is life. A ball can deflate a little for many reasons, and do in every game, the level of the deflation would be important and how many balls obviously.
    i thought the nfl confirmed that 11 of the 12 balls where deflated. apparently (and this is unfounded but its come from multiple members of the media and a few other sources) there is no reason for them to have been deflated by the alleged 2lbs as outside influences i.e. weather where optimal
    You have said ex players and all that have come out saying they worked balls to get them right for their qbs, I was just agreeing with you when I said plenty have come out and said they prepare balls. Not arguing with anything in that regard
    my bad :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

couldn't say for certain with bb, brady however was absolutely involved

How in god's name do you know anything about what happened? Unless you are God of course. Apart from out of control media speculation, we haven't even had any official investigation completed yet. And along comes yourself, with physic abilities so good, you know everything and can apportion blame. I'm a Packers fan and therefore a neutral, but some people seem to be losing the run off themselves. My views on this alleged incident? I think it is utter nonsense. The Pats have absolutely hammered the Colts in recent games. And the PSi of the ball didn't make a damn difference. You might be joining the dots and trying to use logic, but lets look at established fact.

First half when the alleged underinflated ball/balls were in use -

Brady was 12/22 with a 54.5% completion rate, 1 TD and 1 Int.

Second half when the properly balls were in use -

Brady was 11/13 with a 84.6% completion rate, 2 TDs and 0 Int.

The numbers don't lie and Brady was a different player in the second half. I suppose he should be really thankful that he was given properly inflated balls to throw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

This is what I can't understand.

Has anyone doing some throws with both underinflated and regular inflated (I can't believe I'm using these words) and shown the difference?

I know it's against the rules but I'm failing to see the massive hoopla. On a side note I remember England doing the same in rugby at Lansdowne Road when they won a Grand Slam - kept swapping in their own balls instead of the right Irish ones. Italy also used a completely different make and slightly different shaped ball for a few years at home in the 6 nations which proved a major issue for all kickers.

Yes. But that isn't what the controversy is about.
    this is my logic as to why i feel brady would be able to tell the difference
    No. You started with a snide comment, and you've been continuing it since.
    "Guess we can close the thread then as Brady is the culprit. Case closed." first snide comment

You and I may have different definitions of logic. I don't know for sure that it's impossible to get evidence that the Pats did deflate the footballs.
    fair enough we differ on this il just say i honestly can't imagine how proof would come to light

The honest answer is, I don't know.
    I have my doubts that the Pats were deflating footballs in an attempt to aid them to defeat a team that they have soundly beaten on repeated occasions.
    But I can't say with 100% certaincy that the Pats (or other teams) are not doing it.
    Based on the current evidence, no. But we're still waiting on the NFL to come forward. Apart from leaking bits and pieces, they've been pretty quiet.

for now all we have to think on are bits and pieces i dont think it made a difference to the game and i think this has been over blown to laughable levels but given the (alleged) evidence that we have for now I'm comfortable in my opinion

How in god's name do you know anything about what happened? Unless you are God of course. Apart from out of control media speculation, we haven't even had any official investigation completed yet. And along comes yourself, with physic abilities so good, you know everything and can apportion blame. I'm a Packers fan and therefore a neutral, but some people seem to be losing the run off themselves. My views on this alleged incident? I think it is utter nonsense. The Pats have absolutely hammered the Colts in recent games. And the PSi of the ball didn't make a damn difference. You might be joining the dots and trying to use logic, but lets look at established fact.

First half when the alleged underinflated ball/balls were in use -

Brady was 12/22 with a 54.5% completion rate, 1 TD and 1 Int.

Second half when the properly balls were in use -

Brady was 11/13 with a 84.6% completion rate, 2 TDs and 0 Int.

The numbers don't lie and Brady was a different player in the second half. I suppose he should be really thankful that he was given properly inflated balls to throw.

have you read any of the thread?

so how do you explain russell wilsons turnaround players especially someone as elite as tom brady have been known to up there game

and iv repeatadly said i dont think it made a difference to the game and that its been blown out of proportion and that any claims for major punishment are silly
    This is what I can't understand.

Has anyone doing some throws with both underinflated and regular inflated (I can't believe I'm using these words) and shown the difference?

the difference is relatively minimal from what iv heard its more for the qbs comfort. the whole thing has been blown way out of proportion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

have you read any of the thread?

Did you read my post? Because doesn't this answer your question....
    some people seem to be losing the run off themselves.

so how do you explain russell wilsons turnaround players especially someone as elite as tom brady have been known to up there game

Lets look at the facts and not speculation. Brady wasn't particularly great playing with underinflated balls in the first half. He was a lot better playing with the inflated balls in the second half.

My experience of Football tells me that an underinflated ball, reduces the surface aerodynamics of it and therefore reduces the accuracy & velocity of a thrown ball. So for me, Brady's improvement in the second half with properly inflated balls, makes complete sense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement