Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading to Retina Macbook Pro?

• 21-01-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Is it worth upgrading my 2011 Macbook Pro to take advantage of the retina display?

Also, what is a SSD like compared to a HDD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,737 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Equil wrote: »
    Is it worth upgrading my 2011 Macbook Pro to take advantage of the retina display?

Also, what is a SSD like compared to a HDD?
    • Maybe, depends on what you use your MBP for I guess.
    • SSD is the greatest leap forward in personal computing since forever. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

SSD is simply the best upgrade possible on any machine. You could but a processor that's twice as fast as you're current one, and the difference in speed would be nothing compared to swapping from a HDD to an SSD. And they are cheap as chips these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Equil

What difference does the SSD make? There was only a 128 GB option for SSD when I was buying my Mac before so I opted for the 500 GB HDD for the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Equil wrote: »
    What difference does the SSD make? There was only a 128 GB option for SSD when I was buying my Mac before so I opted for the 500 GB HDD for the space.

It's all about speed. Turning the laptop on will now take only a few seconds, rather than a minute, opening applications will appear instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Equil

That's awesome, thanks for the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement