Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 or (preferably) 4 bike gravity stands

• 21-01-2015 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with stands like either this:

2 bike stand

or this

4 bike stand

...and where did you get them?
    I can't find a UK or Europe-based 4 bike stand, and a 2 bike stand only solves half my problem!

Something that requires drilling won't really be an option as it is a rented apartment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I have a two bike stand that I got in Aldi a while back for about 40 euro iirc. They do it every now and again. Had no problem with it.

stand.jpg
    *stock photo - not my bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Orion wrote: »
    I have a two bike stand that I got in Aldi a while back for about 40 euro iirc. They do it every now and again. Had no problem with it.
    Do they need to be fixed to the wall, or are they freestanding? I think Aldi are due to have their spring cycling gear in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Freestanding, the pole is adjustable. You could screw it in to be sure, but once the pole is in place properly, there shouldn't be hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Thanks both, I had no idea Lidl and Aldi did versions and I've been in at their cycling gear a few times.

Funny how blind your are to other items when you're running in to tear the last camel back out of someone's hands before they all go!

Failing that the DIY one is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

OldBean wrote: »
    Freestanding, the pole is adjustable. You could screw it in to be sure, but once the pole is in place properly, there shouldn't be hassle.

The handles are adjustable not the poles. There's a series of holes for them to slot into for different sizes or geometries. but yes freestanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

This is a great idea, I always thought things like this had to be fixed to walls

Advertisement