Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic

Options
  • 21-01-2015 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed how heavy the m50 northbound has become? getting off into inchicore now takes 30 minutes as opposed to 5, madness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I live on a main road.

Pre recession, the road was bumper to bumper from about 4pm Monday - Friday.

Then the recession hit, and the decline in traffic was amazing.

I have noticed the traffic once again building up from 4pm for the past 6 months.

I think people are thankfully working again. This is the reason for M50 traffic also imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

the m50 in the last year has become jammers in both directions at rush hour. traffic in general has become heavier around where I live. Live on a main road aswell between the M50 and Howth and the increase in trucks and construction/builders vans & trucks has increased aswell. There was talk years ago of another M50 type road outside the M50 and also on Northside a road from Balgriffin through to Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭cgcsb

It amuses me how the M50 Between Blanch and Tallaght, the busiest road in the state, has no parallel bus services. One simply cannot use public transport to get between Blanch and Tallaght. Surely the NTA will bang their heads together and figure it out eventually.

Advertisement