Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lumia 635

Options
  • 21-01-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Thinking of getting this. Anybody have them, would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to windows devices

What do you currently have?
    What do you like about the 635

• Registered Users Posts: 23,899 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I have one here myself.

It depends on what you want from a phone really. The first thing that springs to mind is the camera is nothing to write home about. It's alright for a few pictures you might stick up on facebook, but otherwise, having no flash means it's severely crippled for low light photography. No front camera either so you have to turn the phone around and use the back camera if you want to make a skype call.

Browsing the Internet using UC Browser (IE is horrible on WP, personal preference, yours may vary) is fine. The RAM (512mb) means on particularly content heavy pages not optimised for a mobile device, it'll crash out back to the phone's home screen. It's happened only a couple of times, annoying when it does, but youtube works fine.

The screen itself is fine, wouldn't win any awards, but it's crisp and clear and bright enough for normal viewing. Speaking of brightness controls - you'll get just about over a day out of it, depending of course on your usage. I'd be a heavy user though.

Audio quality is actually surprisingly good (something of a minor gripe with my Lumia 625 in that it's not as loud as the 635).

For it's money (€130 on Three, €99 on Meteor), it's quite a capable phone, good value for money, and comes with the latest Microsoft updates (Lumia Denim).

EDIT: I forgot to add that the 635 will also be getting the Windows 10 update when it is released for mobile devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

maybe the only worry when it's updated to W10 is that it's only 512mb RAM. not sure what 10 will be like on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Brilliant, thanks v much. I got one and so far so good. Easy to use and fairly easy to navigate around, but having said that I use windows 8 on laptop so that probably helps.
    Thanks though

Advertisement