Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque

Options
  • 21-01-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi i dont bank with boi, i have a cheque here for leas than 500 . The cheque adress on it is clones, monaghan, if i go into clones branch can i get it changed at counter?do i need id ect ect?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi specialized105,

Thanks for your post.

If the cheque is crossed, it needs to be lodged to an account. If it is marked as "a/c payee only", it needs to be lodged to an account in the same name as the cheque is made out to. With either of these markings, it cannot be cashed at the counter.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭specialized105

Hi its not crossed or account payee! Can i get cash if i supply id as tge cheque is just made outo my name "joe bloggs",the cheque itself address of bank is clones , and i can get to branch today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi specialized105,

If the cheque is drawn on an account held in Clones you can cash it there with photo id. Just to mention, cashier services are available in the Clones branch on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Cheques can only be cashed on days cashier services are available. 

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks

What days are cashier services available in church street, monaghan town ??? Hoping to cash a cheque at counter 2moro?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

What days are cashier services available in church street, monaghan town ??? Hoping to cash a cheque at counter 2moro?
    Hi specialized105,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

There are counter services Monday to Friday in our Monaghan town branch. You can find details on our Monaghan town branch here.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement