Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best route from green isle hotel to inchicore 8.30am?

Options
  • 21-01-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hiya

I'm wondering if anyone knows a quicker way from back of green isle hotel clondalkin to inchicore village leaving at 8.30 during the week?

I've been going through newlands cross onto Naas road and so on but the traffic at kylemore junction is awful. Some days can be min 15 mins at the junction.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Take a left just before the Kylemore Road junction and go round the back by the Irish farm Centre.
    Go straight through the lights on to the Old Naas Road and this will bring you out at the Bluebell Luas stop.

It should save you a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Thanks I tried that one day alright but the traffic was backed up on the old naas rd onto leading onto bluebell stop & only a couple of cars were getting through.

Its hits and miss I guess

wish there was a way to bypass it altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭obriendj

Do you really need to drive?

The Luas is not far from start or finish.

You could take a left on the Kylemore Road and go all the way down to the Ballyfermot roundabout.

Take a right there and follow it on down until you see a right turn that goes under a railway bridge. Go down there and take a right at the lights.

This will bring you into Inchicore form the other direction.

It's quite a bit longer but may just be quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,404 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Maybe not any better but did you try taking the same left as Valetta suggested but then take a left onto Kylemore road and then a right once you're over the canal?

I think I'd take the Luas myself. Or even a bike ;)

Edit - I didn't see Valetta's second suggestion, which obviously beat me to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

obriendj wrote: »
    Do you really need to drive?

The Luas is not far from start or finish.

This!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

unkel wrote: »
    Maybe not any better but did you try taking the same left as Valetta suggested but then take a left onto Kylemore road and then a right once you're over the canal?

I think I'd take the Luas myself. Or even a bike ;)

Edit - I didn't see Valetta's second suggestion, which obviously beat me to it :)

Don't try this. The first place you can turn right (legally) and get through to Inchicore is the roundabout on the Ballyfermot road. The Jamestown road is now split half way with a roadblock and no through traffic with the Ballyfermot end having been renamed Kylemore Way. Further on, right turns onto Landen Road are prohibited.

I don't think there's any Luas stop close to the Green Isle?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Thanks for the replies.

Ya I looked at going down Jamestown road/kylemore way but hadn't tried it yet. I didn't realise you couldn't get through to the village.

I looked at the luas but the closest stop is redcow and that's def not walkable distance and if I was to drive to it I might aswell keep going :)

Cycling...well lets just say i'm not much or morning person and there are no shower facilities or hot water in the bathrooms at work!

Not sure if there is any other way other than suggested!

Advertisement