Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My University creche lost its tender

Options
  • 21-01-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm a student and I have a son in this great Creche and its recently lost its tender. I was very happy the way things were being run. I'm a bit worried how the tender was won.

Its probably up to the University to decide who wins the tender. I would hope that they look for quality rather than biggest bang for their buck which might mean poorer quality food/equipment/staff/etc. I pay for creche but I think the college either subsidises or forces the creche to maintain the price due to the fact that it owns the building.

My course is over this year and I have yet to ask if my son will automatically stay on and if he has a sibling if they will be able to join. It makes sense that they would, but then again I don't know yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eire007 wrote: »
    I'm a student and I have a son in this great Creche and its recently lost its tender. I was very happy the way things were being run. I'm a bit worried how the tender was won.

Its probably up to the University to decide who wins the tender. I would hope that they look for quality rather than biggest bang for their buck which might mean poorer quality food/equipment/staff/etc. I pay for creche but I think the college either subsidises or forces the creche to maintain the price due to the fact that it owns the building.

My course is over this year and I have yet to ask if my son will automatically stay on and if he has a sibling if they will be able to join. It makes sense that they would, but then again I don't know yet.

I think we have the same creche.

We were told in a second email yesterday that currently enrolled children would keep their places. There's an information morning on Friday to meet the new crowd.

I was very happy with the current set up, and I'm quite concerned that the university made the decision to inform parents before they informed the staff. I looked into the new creche and they seem decent. Hopefully there won't be many staff changes, although I'll miss the owner.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not worry too much.
    Tenders can be lost and won for many reasons and there are a lot more criteria then cost.

Advertisement