Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Meadows

• 21-01-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a house in Raheen, just wondering what's the High Meadows estate like in Gouldavoher? They seem to be much cheaper than the the newer ones like Oakfield, Churchfield Medows, The Grange etc..

Of course many have a lot of work to be done in them to bring them up to scratch.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Hi,

I live in High Meadows & have done for almost 20 years. The houses were built in the early 80's so they would have a poor enough Ber rating but the area is quiet & doesn't get any through traffic so its probably one of the better "older" estates in the area. Also plenty of green areas & allotments for residents if you are interested in that sort of thing. There are some good prices to be had on some houses but they do need a bit of work. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

A BER of "bwahahahahaha"

Still, to be fair, there's celtic tiger specials built nearby with a decent BER "calculated from plans" but are actually only barely better than wendy houses. I wouldn't believe the BER of any Celtic Tiger cowboy build without a pressure test - you could fly a kite indoors in some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

True enough but a "pressure test" will only give you an indication of air tightness in a building. It won't tell you it's thermal properties or lack of. All the houses in High Meadows are cavity block built with no insulation whatsoever in the cavities so the least you would have to do is have the walls pumped.

Advertisement