Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty blogger things you like / don' like?

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

She has her holiday tagged with #travelblogger Not a single historical site is seen on any of these holidays! Did she even go to the statue of liberty in New York? Literally too busy posing on street corners! Im getting wound up now lol..... I travel quite a bit but I wouldn't refer to myself as a travel blogger LOL

Ha! So funny! Sure she referred to herself as a culture vulture after her last holiday. The irony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Ah here! I've had enough of so sue me blog now! Have clicked unlike and unfollow on Facebook and Instagram. Sick of being bombarded with her posts about her. This is actually the second time I've unfollowed her.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Ah here! I've had enough of so sue me blog now! Have clicked unlike and unfollow on Facebook and Instagram. Sick of being bombarded with her posts about her. This is actually the second time I've unfollowed her.

I agree. At the very least I expect a fashion and beauty blog to be about actual fashion and beauty. Why are we the only ones who see this flaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Strategically placed LV Filofax cover in the pic just now! It's all a little too predictable now

ratmouse wrote: »
    I agree. At the very least I expect a fashion and beauty blog to be about actual fashion and beauty. Why are we the only ones who see this flaw?

I don't think we are to be honest. My sister is a little younger and would have been her target market has given up following too

traineeacc wrote: »
    I don't think we are to be honest. My sister is a little younger and would have been her target market has given up following too

Maybe more of us need to follow your sister's lead!

I actually think I will! Although id miss the entertainment value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Pippa just put up outfit posts from weekend and great detailed makeup product list. Both dresses will sell out fast, she looks so stunning in them both, not over done just classy and elegant

• Advertisement

It's he paid per click and purchase affiliate marketing tool! Came be quick lucrative - if you google reward style gives indication of figures some of the US bloggers make from it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭travellingbid

Pippa is a lady, Sue in just trashy IMO.its all about the type of person you aspire to be and I mean both inside and out. Pippa responds to comments, and appears genuinely delighted that people are following her. She accepts everything people have to say and is the type of girl I'd love to have a natter over a glass of wine with.
    Sue is catty and is very much a "look at me" kind of gal and the type Id avoid on a night out.

If this was school, Pippa is girl next door. Sue is part of "cool" gang that sniggers behind peoples backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

traineeacc wrote: »
    Pippa just put up outfit posts from weekend and great detailed makeup product list. Both dresses will sell out fast, she looks so stunning in them both, not over done just classy and elegant

I'm actually drooling over that h&m dress! Her make up is fab too

She was quite adamant that on her phone it went straight to the site! I was going to comment and say that she gets paid every time somebody clicks but decided against! The backlash from the loyal army wasn't worth it!

• Advertisement

And her hair, so simple, so achievable, so fab! Makes me wanna cut my hair up short but ive been growing it for too long.... But only Pippa could convince me lol

No extensions where Pippa is concerned. She's just so natural.

I see the gorgeous Victoria of In The Frow blog posting fab photos of her in Tokyo and embracing the culture. Now that's what I call a travel blogger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yep, that's pretty much the way the thread has gone. And ironically it has become a thread about the blogger mentioned in this post. It only came to my attention tonight because of a reported post and I hadn't realised just how utterly bitchy it had become.

There have been a couple of warnings already on this thread:
    dudara wrote: »
    OK posters - I've had to go back and clean up several comments. Why? Because some of you don't seem to understand the concept of keeping it impersonal. There were several comments made about a particular blogger which could not be substantiated.

If you want to comment about ANY blog, please keep it to the aspects that you like or dislike about the blog. Do not make it personal and do not make any comments that you cannot substantiate. I have no desire to close what is overall a good thread over this.

And in future, please use the REPORT POST function to alert the mods to any more colourful comments.

dudara
    dudara wrote: »
    This thread is meant to be about good / bad aspects of beauty bloggers, not to focus in on one person.

Please consider this when posting again

dudara

It's clear that these warnings haven't been heeded, and until today I haven't seen anyone reporting any posts even though I've seen plenty (after a quick scan of the thread) that should have been reported.

I'm locking the thread now. The bitchiness just doesn't fit in with the overall atmosphere of the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement