Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty blogger things you like / don' like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Two new ones on Facebook that I have started following are BeautyBuzz and The Beautiful Truth.

Very good and very honest unlike the others, probably because they are still relatively new. Hate pissing away money on ****e products that people are paid way too much to endorse without using them themselves. THe Crown Brush/Fuschia/Coastal Scents concealer palette is one thing I am furious over and Blank Canvas seem guilty too with their contour palette!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Magenta wrote: »
    Also, call me a sceptic but are there seriously people in the world who DON'T know where captive dolphins come from, and the bloodshed that leads to their capture? I suppose if your life is all me me me you might not be aware....
    Also, being "made aware" of the cruelty and STILL posting photos of you "swimming"/standing in a paddling pool with the poor things. Ugh.

Magenta, couldn't have said it better. But in fairness, apart from the brains they might have to make money on all the products they endorse, does this individual have a clue about the real world? Definitely a me me me person. Seems to have no idea despite being a huge "animal lover". And how cringey was it to suggest that the dolphins loved having their tummys rubbed? I literally felt mortified for such a display of ignorance. Such bloggers should really just stick to their fake nails/hair/tan/boob blogs and leave the real world material to those who live in the real world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    Two new ones on Facebook that I have started following are BeautyBuzz and The Beautiful Truth.

Very good and very honest unlike the others, probably because they are still relatively new. Hate pissing away money on ****e products that people are paid way too much to endorse without using them themselves. THe Crown Brush/Fuschia/Coastal Scents concealer palette is one thing I am furious over and Blank Canvas seem guilty too with their contour palette!

Was reading that on I think facebook last night, I think for The Beautiful Truth were she gave an honest review of some contouring palette and people were very perceptive to it, were able to relay that they also didn't like it and I thought it was an interesting post and comments section to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 harper7

See the whole 'intern scenario' with so sue me . My friend was showing me on her twitter last night . So embarrasing as the head of her.ie etc started giving black lash also . Some girl said that her friend worked as ' so sue me ' as an intern and now she acts as if the girl does not exist . I'm still to get my head around twitter but she deleted the job post for her ' intern ' off her website . Mortified for her

harper7 wrote: »
    See the whole 'intern scenario' with so sue me . My friend was showing me on her twitter last night . So embarrasing as the head of her.ie etc started giving black lash also . Some girl said that her friend worked as ' so sue me ' as an intern and now she acts as if the girl does not exist . I'm still to get my head around twitter but she deleted the job post for her ' intern ' off her website . Mortified for her

Yes, something about no payment for working or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Gone off Sineads curvy page big time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Have you a link to that intern story?if dont want to link ie even PM it

I found it by googling her.ie intern and then the bloggers blogger name. It brought me to a twitter conversation where you can see the large comment that was originally left on the bloggers Facebook page but then magically got deleted. On her instagram, you could see followers asking details about the internship and where was the link gone or was the position filled. Not a single response from her.
    This aside, if you check her instagram you will also see comments under her most recent quote photo that she posted. Something about not speaking bad of others. This caused a follow on of girls attacking each other over the validity of the quote and whether they believe if the blogger lives by the sentiments of the quote. The language from these followers is disgraceful. But I noticed that the comments which were defending the bloggers honour were not deleted, unlike the comments against her. The comments defending her contain offensive words such a the C word against other girls. And this blogger allows these comments to remain regardless of the fact that she has a a large following of very young teens.This, I believe, is one of the worst things I have ever seen on any blog I follow. Up until a week ago, I had very little tolerance for blogs with bad grammar, dishonest reviews,etc. These are no longer big issues in comparison to what I have seen on this bloggers public IG. It is in such bad taste to allow her atrocious fans to defend her in such a vulgar manner and with no sense of being mindful of younger fans. A 'true inspiration' my eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I think that the main thing is that the blogger is truthful about their review. And say honestly if they would repurchase the product. Another thing is that they have a search button to look for specific products. A nice, sleek website design. Simple works best. Also I like when they have their posts divided up into make-up, skincare, bodycare, nailcare categories. It makes it so much easier to navigate.

With regards to the blog that is being mentioned above it is clear that she must be making a lot of money from it. I do follow her on fb out of interest but I wouldn't actually trust any of her reviews. I thought it was strange that she put up a post about Kylie Jenner saying girl crush. Shes like 16 or 17. I think she definitely tries to appeal to a teenage market. I think she is really pretty but I wish she would tone down the make up. I think a more natural look would suit her way better. Maybe then I would actually be interested in her reviews. That goes for every beauty blogger as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Very interesting to read all your opinions as I blog and follow a lot of blogs myself. There's a huge amount of hardworking and fantastic bloggers out there and something for everyone's tastes which is great.

I agree honestly, good writing, clear and attractive photos and a good personality are what sell a blog to me.

I also have to admit that I doubled checked my own blog when someone said they gave up on it because the word 'alot' was in a few posts😀 luckily wasn't me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Very interesting to read all your opinions as I blog and follow a lot of blogs myself. There's a huge amount of hardworking and fantastic bloggers out there and something for everyone's tastes which is great.

I agree honestly, good writing, clear and attractive photos and a good personality are what sell a blog to me.

I also have to admit that I doubled checked my own blog when someone said they gave up on it because the word 'alot' was in a few posts😀 luckily wasn't me!

If you don't mind me asking but do you blog for a living or as a hobbie?

It really baffles me how people (especially that one big blogger) can make a living out of it. I get it relates to advertising/workshops etc but as a long term career I thought it would be quite unstable.

It really baffles me how people (especially that one big blogger) can make a living out of it. I get it relates to advertising/workshops etc but as a long term career I thought it would be quite unstable.

I often wonder the same thing. That bigger blogger might have a longer term plan like tv or something. She's hardly going to just keep churning out books in a timely fashion before Xmas for the coming years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

ratmouse wrote: »
    I often wonder the same thing. That bigger blogger might have a longer term plan like tv or something. She's hardly going to just keep churning out books in a timely fashion before Xmas for the coming years!

I have no idea how any of the big bloggers do it specifically but I'd assume it's a mixture of advertisements on their site, sponsored blogs posts or vids that they're paid for plus any endorsements. Workshops for some of the very big blogs would definitely yield some wage but I genuinely have no idea what anyone makes!

I make next to nothing although I should really look into advertising etc. but I've just been a bit lazy! For me it's definitely a hobby but of course if I could earn a living off it I'd be chuffed:D

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I have no idea how any of the big bloggers do it specifically but I'd assume it's a mixture of advertisements on their site, sponsored blogs posts or vids that they're paid for plus any endorsements. Workshops for some of the very big blogs would definitely yield some wage but I genuinely have no idea what anyone makes!

I make next to nothing although I should really look into advertising etc. but I've just been a bit lazy! For me it's definitely a hobby but of course if I could earn a living off it I'd be chuffed:D

To make a living SmokeyEyes, I reckon you'd have to sell your soul and give dishonest reviews like the big name blogger does. You'd have to give a 5 star rating for every product you review all in the name of making cash rather than give a genuine and personal opinion. Have a look at another thread on boards.ie entitled big bloggers name - Book 2 & there are alleged first hand accounts from other boardsies about how this bloggers come to review beauty salons for a four figured sum for each salon. That's serious money but hardly wholly honest if being paid to give a glowing review. How true this info is, I am not sure but I do think it unusual that this blogger never states when they are reviewing a sponsored product or service and that the review is never anything less than 5 stars. So, could you be that type of blogger? Acting as if your followers are so dom that they won't cop the dishonest reviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

To make a living SmokeyEyes, I reckon you'd have to sell your soul and give dishonest reviews like the big name blogger does. You'd have to give a 5 star rating for every product you review all in the name of making cash rather than give a genuine and personal opinion. Have a look at another thread on boards.ie entitled big bloggers name - Book 2 & there are alleged first hand accounts from other boardsies about how this bloggers come to review beauty salons for a four figured sum for each salon. That's serious money but hardly wholly honest if being paid to give a glowing review. How true this info is, I am not sure but I do think it unusual that this blogger never states when they are reviewing a sponsored product or service and that the review is never anything less than 5 stars. So, could you be that type of blogger? Acting as if your followers are so dom that they won't cop the dishonest reviews?

Not just salons but Irish hotels too

• Advertisement

Magenta wrote: »
    Not just salons but Irish hotels too

Really? So everytime her and the OH are posting photos of hotels they are staying on and saying how fab the place is, they are being paid for that too?! Wow! That's mad! She always makes it look like they decided to just have a night away mos week to treat themselves! More lies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

My friend runs a local salon where I live and the figure she came up with for an appearance and a review was frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Irelands leading blogger was in NUIG yesterday giving a talk about her usual stuff and she was charging people an entry fee. I'm a former pupil of NUIG and never have I ever had to pay for entry into one of the events going on. The societies organise these events for the students to attend free of charge; I can't believe she was charging entry! Even Hilary Clinton who spoke at Trinity last year didn't charge entry! She needs to get over herself.

anna080 wrote: »
    Irelands leading blogger was in NUIG yesterday giving a talk about her usual stuff and she was charging people an entry fee. I'm a former pupil of NUIG and never have I ever had to pay for entry into one of the events going on. The societies organise these events for the students to attend free of charge; I can't believe she was charging entry! Even Hilary Clinton who spoke at Trinity last year didn't charge entry! She needs to get over herself.

That's a good point actually. Why should she charge? Why not give the talk for free? I'm surprised at the college allowing there to be a charge. I saw on the bottom.of her poster though that a donation from the fee was going towards the charity Console so maybe that was a stipulation that the college put in place rather than full fee to the blogger.

I know so sue me charges over 1k for visits to businesses for 2 hrs for openings etc and charges 100s for reviews same with MakeUpFairyPro she charges 400 to review things and to keep it on her front page for 2 weeks or something . That's from a very very reliable source who is high up in pr and marketing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Roseyrosie

Bit of a lurker, and while I agree with some of what's said - for example, I think charging for positive reviews is BS - I'd be really interested to know how you all expect bloggers to make money.

If you kind of scoff at charging for appearances, coming out and reviewing a salon, workshops in universities (I also went to NUIG and remember loads of events that were NOT free, as well as loads that were) or wherever, do you think bloggers should all do it out of pure love?

Do you think Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo, Zoella, Chiara Ferragni (The Blonde Salad), Aimee Song (Song of Style) etc DON'T charge for coming to stores, featuring clothing, appearances etc?

Roseyrosie wrote: »
    Bit of a lurker, and while I agree with some of what's said - for example, I think charging for positive reviews is BS - I'd be really interested to know how you all expect bloggers to make money.

If you kind of scoff at charging for appearances, coming out and reviewing a salon, workshops in universities (I also went to NUIG and remember loads of events that were NOT free, as well as loads that were) or wherever, do you think bloggers should all do it out of pure love?

Do you think Tanya Burr, Pixiwoo, Zoella, Chiara Ferragni (The Blonde Salad), Aimee Song (Song of Style) etc DON'T charge for coming to stores, featuring clothing, appearances etc?

Any time a guest speaker comes to NUIG they never charge, or at least if they do its covered by the society and students don't pay a penny. And I'd be willing to bet my life on that.
    Maybe you paid in to some events, but I guarantee you they were not guest speakers.
    Charging on entry is one issue, charging a four figure sum in order to give a salon a 5 star review is another. It's misleading and deceptive.
    But hey, if beauty bloggers want to lie to their followers and give false reviews just so they can be paid an extortionate fee that they don't truly deserve to give a review that it may not truly deserve either then that's their pregogative apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I agree; you can't really blame these women for grabbing the opportunity while it's there because it won't last forever. I don't agree with ripping off your fans but this is still their career, for better or for worse.

Although interestingly, I've veered away from reading 'career blogs'; not because I disapprove of what they do but more because I find their content less diverse these days.

Any time a guest speaker comes to NUIG they never charge, or at least if they do its covered by the society and students don't pay a penny. And I'd be willing to bet my life on that.
    Maybe you paid in to some events, but I guarantee you they were not guest speakers.
    Charging on entry is one issue, charging a four figure sum in order to give a salon a 5 star review is another. It's misleading and deceptive.
    But hey, if beauty bloggers want to lie to their followers and give false reviews just so they can be paid an extortionate fee that they don't truly deserve then that's their pregogative apparently.

Um, I don't think you'll find many successful bloggers now who DON'T charge to feature brands or review salons - and by successful I mean, making money.

SSM wasn't a guest speaker, though, was she? She was doing one of her "workshop" / on-tour things, that she always charges for. It would make ZERO sense for her to do one free one, when the rest of them are ticketed - perhaps your ire should be directed at NUIG who, in that case, should have said no and she would've had to hold it at a hotel, as per usual.

Bloggers are quite literally the ONLY SME business owners who get this amount of flack from keyboard warriors for trying to make a living from blogging. You don't see any other SME sector subjected to the kind of "how dare they make money?!" outrage, followed by, usually, "I don't even think she's that great / she Photoshops her pics".

Would it be totally beyond the realms of reality to suggest that we try to support businesswomen, rather than tearing them down for daring to make a living? (To be clear: I have a blog, rarely post to it, and don't make any money from it - nor have I ever, nor do I particularly want to.)

Um, I don't think you'll find many successful bloggers now who DON'T charge to feature brands or review salons - and by successful I mean, making money.

SSM wasn't a guest speaker, though, was she? She was doing one of her "workshop" / on-tour things, that she always charges for. It would make ZERO sense for her to do one free one, when the rest of them are ticketed - perhaps your ire should be directed at NUIG who, in that case, should have said no and she would've had to hold it at a hotel, as per usual.

Bloggers are quite literally the ONLY SME business owners who get this amount of flack from keyboard warriors for trying to make a living from blogging. You don't see any other SME sector subjected to the kind of "how dare they make money?!" outrage, followed by, usually, "I don't even think she's that great / she Photoshops her pics".

Would it be totally beyond the realms of reality to suggest that we try to support businesswomen, rather than tearing them down for daring to make a living? (To be clear: I have a blog, rarely post to it, and don't make any money from it - nor have I ever, nor do I particularly want to.)

She was giving a talk on what it's like to be a beauty blogger, not a workshop.

Nobody is saying she can't make money out of it, but it's the fact she charges extortionate fees to give 5 star reviews of places that gets some peoples backs up, and then not even disclosing that she has been paid to review it, she just happened to come across it and can you believe it its 5 stars yet again!! It's deception, do you not see that? It's not right. The salons are also in the wrong for basically buying a review from her, it's deception on both sides. But hey if that's how she wants to make her money then let her off.

She was giving a talk on what it's like to be a beauty blogger, not a workshop.

Nobody is saying she can't make money out of it, but it's the fact she charges extortionate fees to give 5 star reviews of places that gets some peoples backs up, and then not even disclosing that she has been paid to review it, she just happened to come across it and can you believe it its 5 stars yet again!! It's deception, do you not see that? It's not right. The salons are also in the wrong for basically buying a review from her, it's deception on both sides. But hey if that's how she wants to make her money then let her off.

Pedantic much? My point still stands. Why would someone who charges for events / talks suddenly do one for free for a group of people who make up her target audience? My second point stands, too - if your issue was that the event was at a college, NUIG should've taken the hit, paid for her and made the event free, or else just gone with someone else.

Just saw the second half of it... this has been going on in magazines for years. Most of the big UK glossies WILL NOT - point blank - feature your product or service if you haven't paid for an ad. So salon reviews, "best buy" features, "news" features highlighting new launches... they're all paid for.

The problem with online is actually that is is more transparent than magazines; so what everyone is giving out about is what's been going on in the print media, WAY behind closed doors, for years.

(As for five-star reviews, that's not exactly how it works. A blogger will charge to attend your establishment - a hotel, salon etc. For that you'll get tweets, instagram, social etc. If they really like it, they might review it; and for a feature on their blog, you would pay for placement. As far as I know, if they hate it, they just won't. So you've paid for them to come, but you don't get the blog coverage.)

I'd still really love to hear your suggestions for answers to my original question, though: how would you suggest bloggers should make money? What would satisfy you?

No Roseyrosie, I would not support any business that it so blatantly dishonest. Give honest reviews or otherwise say that the review was being sponsored. Don't insult the intelligence of your fans. Especially dishonest to the young teens who may not realise how all this operates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Absolutely no issue with women making money from their blogs.

However if a salon/product review is sponsored/paid for by the salon/manufacturer then I expect any blogger worth their salt to declare this in their review in order that their readership be able to make up their minds with FULL DISCLOSURE.

No Roseyrosie, I would not support any business that it so blatantly dishonest. Give honest reviews or otherwise say that the review was being sponsored. Don't insult the intelligence of your fans. Especially dishonest to the young teens who may not realise how all this operates.

Okay, so in this utopian vision of online media, how would you have them make money?

Okay, so in this utopian vision of online media, how would you have them make money?

A declared sponsored review maybe? Does that sound too far fetched to you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Absolutely no issue with women making money from their blogs.

However if a salon/product review is sponsored/paid for by the salon/manufacturer then I expect any blogger worth their salt to declare this in their review in order that their readership be able to make up their minds with FULL DISCLOSURE.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

It is naive to think that bloggers wouldn't do any sponsored reviews. It is how they make money. BUT I don't follow the ones that act like it is an honest review when it is obviously paid for.

There must be some balance of honest reviews and paid ones. And very few can manage that and pull it off with decorum. This is one of the reasons why I still like Vivianna does Makeup and Lily Pebbles. Even before the new UK law that now forces bloggers to openly disclaim ads at the title of the blog/video (wish it was worldwide), they were always open about paid stuff. And they still do a good amount of honest reviews.

Amelia Liana and Essie Button on the other hand, are not so bad but still a step away from the honesty I look for. While they are semi-honest about ads, they oversell the paid ones. It is literally over-faked.

I have never followed the famous blogger. Her make up is too heavy for my taste. Her taste in clothes and well, everything, is off for me. But obviously she appeals to many. If anyone's into that, who am I to judge? But I cannot stand when people act like their paid reviews are honest. Just be straight about it. You are a blogger and you are trying to money out of it somehow. I'd understand AS LONG AS YOU'RE HONEST THAT IT IS PAID FOR.

tl dr: Paid reviews are now a part of blogging. But there is a balance of paid and honest stuff, which some bloggers achieve, some don't.

In addition to all the other fakery going on, I think it's strange that the top blogger's other half goes to so many work events with her. Does he have nothing else to do? I wonder would she be half as successful of she was doing everything and going everywhere completely solo? He appeared to drive her everywhere and she never seems to have to face the business world by herself, ever. I don't this with other bloggers. Strange.

In addition to all the other fakery going on, I think it's strange that the top blogger's other half goes to so many work events with her. Does he have nothing else to do? I wonder would she be half as successful of she was doing everything and going everywhere completely solo? He appeared to drive her everywhere and she never seems to have to face the business world by herself, ever. I don't this with other bloggers. Strange.

Well, I'm glad we're back to the big issues!

For my part, I like Tanya Burr because she seems so incredibly lovely - although I've rarely, if ever, seen her disclosing a freebie / partnership, and there's no way that her blog and YouTube isn't 80% paid-for content. HATED her Brown Thomas ad that kept popping up on YouTube.

I also love A Model Recommends, although I get the impression that she lives a rather privileged life and therefore isn't overly concerned with how she makes her money.

Pedantic much? My point still stands. Why would someone who charges for events / talks suddenly do one for free for a group of people who make up her target audience? My second point stands, too - if your issue was that the event was at a college, NUIG should've taken the hit, paid for her and made the event free, or else just gone with someone else.

Just saw the second half of it... this has been going on in magazines for years. Most of the big UK glossies WILL NOT - point blank - feature your product or service if you haven't paid for an ad. So salon reviews, "best buy" features, "news" features highlighting new launches... they're all paid for.

The problem with online is actually that is is more transparent than magazines; so what everyone is giving out about is what's been going on in the print media, WAY behind closed doors, for years.

(As for five-star reviews, that's not exactly how it works. A blogger will charge to attend your establishment - a hotel, salon etc. For that you'll get tweets, instagram, social etc. If they really like it, they might review it; and for a feature on their blog, you would pay for placement. As far as I know, if they hate it, they just won't. So you've paid for them to come, but you don't get the blog coverage.)

I'd still really love to hear your suggestions for answers to my original question, though: how would you suggest bloggers should make money? What would satisfy you?

Guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    And as other people have already covered as I have multiple times now, what would satisfy me is complete honesty and for the blogger to disclose whether the product is sponsored or not. Nobody has an issue with them making money, it's the deception behind it that I don't like. The fact you'd describe this deception as me being "pedantic" is actually quite worrying.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree.
    And as other people have already covered as I have multiple times now, what would satisfy me is complete honesty and for the blogger to disclose whether the product is sponsored or not. Nobody has an issue with them making money, it's the deception behind it that I don't like. The fact you'd describe this deception as me being "pedantic" is actually quite worrying.

That would be worrying if that was what I'd been referring to; I was referring to the fact that, when I said, "she charges for these workshops", you said, rather pedantically, "it wasn't a workshop - it was a talk".

Seeing as we're all talking about this, do you not think it's fair to assume that most bloggers are receiving monetary compensation from the brands they collaborate with? Do you expect the same standards from magazines? Next time you pick up a copy of Look or Grazia, take a look at the ads and then compare them with which brands are featured in their "editorial" pages.

That would be worrying if that was what I'd been referring to; I was referring to the fact that, when I said, "she charges for these workshops", you said, rather pedantically, "it wasn't a workshop - it was a talk".

Seeing as we're all talking about this, do you not think it's fair to assume that most bloggers are receiving monetary compensation from the brands they collaborate with? Do you expect the same standards from magazines? Next time you pick up a copy of Look or Grazia, take a look at the ads and then compare them with which brands are featured in their "editorial" pages.

For the gazillionth time now, it's not the monetary compensation I have issue with, it's the fact that they haven't disclosed that the product is sponsored. If it's sponsored the review is almost always going to be favourable, and I think the reader is entitled to know this information.

And it's not pedantic to differentiate between a workshop and a talk. The differences are immeasurable.

Well tanya burr is promoting brown Thomas on an add that comes on before a video on YouTube . I don't understand why they got her she probably never was in the shop not shopped online . I never see zoella at opening of shops etc only see her tutorials or her blog post which she does do a disclaimer that the stuff is sponsored or sent to her . I don't like Zoella but always seem to end up watching her videos . Makes me laugh why she says pooooooooooooorllllyyyy she drags every word out .havent watched her in over a month since that controversy with her book being ghost written , I deffo think is was cause she seems like a very lazy person in her videos

But hey, if beauty bloggers want to lie to their followers and give false reviews just so they can be paid an extortionate fee that they don't truly deserve to give a review that it may not truly deserve either then that's their pregogative apparently.

I may be wrong but EVERY POST you have commented on is about SoSueMe and sticking up for her ripping her viewers off by doing fake review and also being a promoter for crown brushes which are <SNIP> . So Sue Me is looking for an intern with no pay and WANTS them to have experience that when in reality a internship is to LEARN and to GET experience and PAID . I hate lies and I hate fake people and I am saddened that a blogger like sue is just shown her true self is past few weeks . <SNIP>

FYI I'm not jealous I've perfect job have money to keep me going and a loving husband . I just feel betrayed

MIGHT BE WRONG BUT ABOVE POSTER MAY BE SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be wrong but EVERY POST you have commented on is about SoSueMe and sticking up for her ripping her viewers off by doing fake review and also being a promoter for crown brushes which are <SNIP> . So Sue Me is looking for an intern with no pay and WANTS them to have experience that when in reality a internship is to LEARN and to GET experience and PAID . I hate lies and I hate fake people and I am saddened that a blogger like sue is just shown her true self is past few weeks . <SNIP>

FYI I'm not jealous I've perfect job have money to keep me going and a loving husband . I just feel betrayed

What are you on? You think I'm sticking up for her? I suggest you read my posts again.
    And as if I'm Sue, she's not half as articulate as I am :)

• Advertisement

What are you on? You think I'm sticking up for her? I suggest you read my posts again.
    And as if I'm Sue, she's not half as articulate as I am :)

Sorry Anna it was Rosie I was suppose to tag I'll edit now xx

harper7 that is so funny about her fake LV luggage! The absolute state of it. And not just one case, but a whole set! So chavvy!

On the topic of differentiating between workshops and talks; I wouldn't mind having to pay for a workshop, something like Pippa's Fashion Factory which I didn't attend but it looked great. Guests had to pay I think €50 (open to correction) and they got a goody bag of amazing stuff, fed for the day (desserts, sandwiches, ice cream etc) as well as expert make up tips and advice as well as a live tutorial. They were also treated to a fashion show with items of clothing not even in the shops yet. It looked, from what I could tell, like an amazing day out, and I heard great things about it.

I would however, be opposed to paying an entry fee into a crowded lecture hall which I regularly frequent anyway as a student of the college, to hear someone speak about how great it is to be Ireland's leading blogger. No advice, no demos, nothing tangable in exchange for your cash, which, as a student is hard to depart with.

For me there is a huge difference. And I guess it's the player playing the game as they obviously have a market for it as the students attended afterall.

I really like how excited you are at this prospect; I'm not Sue. My name's Rosemary Mac Cabe; I actually tried to change my Boards profile to reflect that earlier, but it wouldn't let me.

My issue is that everyone's problems seem to be very much about Sue herself, not about anything she does or doesn't do. Every single post on boards.ie about bloggers ends up coming around to Sue, how tacky you think she is, how she has a fake handbag (do you not know anyone who has a fake bag?), her "awful" extensions... and I think it's really nasty.

It's really, really offensive to me how seemingly intelligent women who are interested in fashion and beauty can not have any possible discussion around Irish blogging without it descending into a total bitch fest about this one person who NONE OF YOU KNOW, and yeah, "my friend met her and says she's really rude" totally doesn't count.

Incidentally, I HAVE met Sue, thought she was very nice; I wouldn't consider us friends and I don't read her blog because it doesn't appeal to me, but I would fully defend her right to run her business as she sees fit (and as every other beauty blogger is doing). The intern question is a total red herring, doesn't belong in this thread and isn't worth getting into IMO.

I really like how excited you are at this prospect; I'm not Sue. My name's Rosemary Mac Cabe; I actually tried to change my Boards profile to reflect that earlier, but it wouldn't let me.

My issue is that everyone's problems seem to be very much about Sue herself, not about anything she does or doesn't do. Every single post on boards.ie about bloggers ends up coming around to Sue, how tacky you think she is, how she has a fake handbag (do you not know anyone who has a fake bag?), her "awful" extensions... and I think it's really nasty.

It's really, really offensive to me how seemingly intelligent women who are interested in fashion and beauty can not have any possible discussion around Irish blogging without it descending into a total bitch fest about this one person who NONE OF YOU KNOW, and yeah, "my friend met her and says she's really rude" totally doesn't count.

Incidentally, I HAVE met Sue, thought she was very nice; I wouldn't consider us friends and I don't read her blog because it doesn't appeal to me, but I would fully defend her right to run her business as she sees fit (and as every other beauty blogger is doing). The intern question is a total red herring, doesn't belong in this thread and isn't worth getting into IMO.

I think you're nit picking there Rosemary and you're not being truthful or fair. I for one never once mentioned her physical appearance or what bags she uses, I couldn't care less. My issues lie with her being <SNIP>, and I've constantly argued that point with you today but you can't seem to accept that. Anyway is obvious we are not going to agree and that's grand, but I won't be privy to your antagonistic advances anymore.

• Advertisement

I think you're not picking there Rosemary. I for one never once mentioned her physical appearance or what bags she uses, I couldn't care less. My issues lie with her being <SNIP>, and I've constantly argued that point with you today but you can't seem to accept that. Anyway is obvious we are not going to agree and that's grand, but I won't be privy to your antagonistic advances anymore.

It's not "deceitful" and "manipulative" NOT to disclose getting compensation for something in an industry where said disclosure is not required by law and entirely unregulated. You think, ethically, that she "should" tell you - and maybe she should, but that's a moral, rather than legal, obligation.

Anyway, seeing as you've just totally defamed her, I suspect this thread will be closed down soon, which will probably be for the best.

It's not "deceitful" and "manipulative" NOT to disclose getting compensation for something in an industry where said disclosure is not required by law and entirely unregulated. You think, ethically, that she "should" tell you - and maybe she should, but that's a moral, rather than legal, obligation.

Anyway, seeing as you've just totally defamed her, I suspect this thread will be closed down soon, which will probably be for the best.

Oh so its only morally wrong! Well that's okay so!......(lol)

And how exactly have I "defamed her"; according to you everything she's doing is above board, so I don't know why my opinion would incite slander. Nothing I have said constitutes as libel, it's all true.
    Anyway, have a nice day :)

harper7 that is so funny about her <SNIP> LV luggage! The absolute state of it. And not just one case, but a whole set! So chavvy!

They are <SNIP> it is missing a number of things an also compartments are totally wrong structure and handles are missing a piece of material . I even sent a picture to my friend who I worked with and she said it <SNIP> . I requested that she do a designer handbag haul and she said that she doesn't do them because people don't like talking about luxury items then deleted my comment wtf ?? (note: this is when she had the <SNIP> hermes) she has a number of lv and has being pictured with a lv shopping bag outside bt but is very easy to buy fake ones that looks like the real deal . When I worked in Dubai the amount of people that came in with fakes they bought online etc but they are fake . Sue could <SNIP> . Only reason why I have lv is discounts and gifts and they are authentic and I don't flash them around

They are <SNIP> it is missing a number of things an also compartments are totally wrong structure and handles are missing a piece of material . I even sent a picture to my friend who I worked with and she said it <SNIP> . I requested that she do a designer handbag haul and she said that she doesn't do them because people don't like talking about luxury items then deleted my comment wtf ?? (note: this is when she had the <SNIP> hermes) she has a number of lv and has being pictured with a lv shopping bag outside bt but is very easy to buy fake ones that looks like the real deal . When I worked in Dubai the amount of people that came in with fakes they bought online etc but they are fake . Sue could <SNIP> . Only reason why I have lv is discounts and gifts and they are authentic and I don't flash them around

'people don't like talking about luxury items"?! Even though she strategically places all her "luxury" handbags/wallets/make up bags in almost every photo. Even if the photo is of her dog, you can be sure one of her "designer" items is placed in the photo! I'm not surprised that she deleted your comment though. That's what she does best! Leaving the comment there could bring too much attention and heat onto the topic of her designer bags and too many questions would be asked. So it's easier to remove your comment. How sad, eh?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I don't even know who So Sue Me is.

I feel like the "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is" guy :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement