Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty blogger things you like / don' like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Before

After

Not a chance they are real.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

The thing is I actually couldn't care less real or not, why deny (I'm assuming they aren't). There is no need to, wouldn't make me think any less of her.

Anybody follows hearts, heels, handbags?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I actually really like her lips. In real life they don't look as big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I actually really like her lips. In real life they don't look as big.

I think she looks fab with the less full lips and blonde hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

traineeacc wrote: »
    The thing is I actually couldn't care less real or not, why deny (I'm assuming they aren't). There is no need to, wouldn't make me think any less of her.

Anybody follows hearts, heels, handbags?

I do, and I'm aware I'm coming across increasingly negative in this thread but my god she cakes it on! I'd say she's far more beautiful without half of that on her face. Her contouring just looks like stripes on her face. She seems like a really sweet girl though and I do like how she dresses so I follow her mainly for that, but the make up is just way too much.

anna080 wrote: »
    I do, and I'm aware I'm coming across increasingly negative in this thread but my god she cakes it on! I'd say she's far more beautiful without half of that on her face. Her contouring just looks like stripes on her face. She seems like a really sweet girl though and I do like how she dresses so I follow her mainly for that, but the make up is just way too much.

Alot of make up alright but I have to say that overall, I like her blog and like how she comes across. Apart from what people say about her old Facebook photos showing that her lips were not as big, the older photos show how stunning she is with less make up. A naturally beautiful girl.

• Advertisement

ratmouse wrote: »
    Alot of make up alright but I have to say that overall, I like her blog and like how she comes across. Apart from what people say about her old Facebook photos showing that her lips were not as big, the older photos show how stunning she is with less make up. A naturally beautiful girl.

I'm talking about hearts heels and handbags not makeup fairy!

I like hearts heels, she is very pretty and more relatable then the so called leading blogger. Not sure if the makeup overdone or photoshopped to the last!

Her reviews are a lot more balanced.

Wonder is it Ystyle. She posts like that,. Don't think i have seem her face. Her outfit posts are a mix of penny's, dunnes and more high end which I like

I follow ystyle of Facebook but I'm sure she uses other social media sights.

I'm talking about hearts heels and handbags not makeup fairy!

Oops, sorry Anna080. Crossed wires on my part!

Ok, had a check of the Hearts, Heels and Handbags blog. Not a bad blog but that is an awful lot of make up so wouldn't really be a blog I'd be into.

I agree about the makeup, I do like her reviews. Have serious envy though about how good she looked so quick after having her baby.

Ok, had a check of the Hearts, Heels and Handbags blog. Not a bad blog but that is an awful lot of make up so wouldn't really be a blog I'd be into.

I agree, there are some elements I like and I think she's a nice girl but the make up is cray. Watched a few of her YouTube tutorials too so its not just photoshop. She was lashing on the make up for everyday and then saying she'd usually add more for night time! All I see is make up when I look at her and not any discernible features.

• Advertisement

I agree, there are some elements I like and I think she's a nice girl but the make up is cray. Watched a few of her YouTube tutorials too so its not just photoshop. She was lashing on the make up for everyday and then saying she'd usually add more for night time! All I see is make up when I look at her and not any discernible features.

Agreed. Very heavy make up. The type of contouring in use is far too obvious.

She is only early 20's I think, don't know why I thought she was a lot older

She is only early 20's I think, don't know why I thought she was a lot older

Really? That can't be right. assumed in her 30s, no?

24 I think, it's on one of her you tube videos she does a bit of a q&a !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

I like Pippa and Tara Makeup. I would find I have more in common with these women. Their style and make up is far more classy than others out there. I think So Sue Me is very self obsessed. It's all about her. I see her sister is jumping on the band wagon now too. My sister met her at a press thing and Sue was disgusted when my sister didn't know who she was! Her comments to her followers are appalling at times. No class it seems.

I looked at some youtube videos made by Hearts, Heels and Handbags blogger and I have to say, that whilst her make up look would not be for me, she does come across very well. As some of you have said above, she seems like a very nice girl and very genuine.

Also, checked out Y Style. Nice, classic type styles.

I like ystyle as the outfits are affordable and practicable and more my style suitable for office and mummy duties!

Still a bit on the fence about hearts heels, I'm a mother myself but not sure about the parenting posts mixed in, particularly the one re the feeding which was a little reckless to be advocating going against published guidelines making formula. My issue is there are followed of blogs so impressionable that they blindly follow what the bloggers say, like the pippa coffee one or the so sue me one where she bought standard white church candles and cue a flood of people commenting about getting to penny's for them. One follower commented that she worked in penny's and there was such a run on candles all day!

• Advertisement

One follower commented that she worked in penny's and there was such a run on candles all day!

Jesus Christ!

I just followed Ystyle yesterday and really liking it, lots of casual outfits and some really nice coats.

Wow there really is so many blogs

I know. It's great to have received recommendations on here of blogs I had not heard of before. One I have seen before and liked is an all round Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle blog called Make Life Easier. The blogger is a girl called Kasia Tusk, the daughter of a previous Polish Prime minister. Unfortunately, she only writes some of her posts in English and my Polish is quite limited! Her photos however are amazing. And her fashion sense is fantastic. Very chic and elegant. Worth a look even if like me, you can't understand Polish.

Jesus Christ!

I saw that too and couldn't believe the fans were going into a Beatlemania style frenzy over plain white church candles! Genuinely, they weren't in any way fancy. Just plain, white,bog standard church candles!

I saw that too and couldn't believe the fans were going into a Beatlemania style frenzy over plain white church candles! Genuinely, they weren't in any way fancy. Just plain, white,bog standard church candles!

Bloody hell. In one way you can't blame them then for capitalising on people's stupidity.

Its sad really that anyone (I'm guessing mostly teenagers) would run out and buy a plain run of the mill church candle because sue bought them! Have we no minds of our own anymore...

So sad. Personally I would run a mile from anything she had or was associated with.

• Advertisement

I bet all over Ireland are broke mothers of teenager daughters saying "If Sue jumped off a bridge would you.."

Though who am I to judge I once bought an adidas tracksuit and Liverpool jersey because I wanted to be sporty spice *shameful*

Ha! To be fair though, the Spice Girls were like nothing we had ever seen before and were actually entertaining!

Ha! To be fair though, the Spice Girls were like nothing we had ever seen before and were actually entertaining!

The Spice Girls were the shiz! I rocked them platforms and pigtails!

Same here! Knew all the words! No shame in copying that style of the biggest girls band in the world for a few years!

Whereas on the other hand buying everything that a blogger has/buys is another story!

Same here! Knew all the words! No shame in copying that style of the biggest girls band in the world for a few years!

Whereas on the other hand buying everything that a blogger has/buys is another story!

Yes, well when it's the plainest of plain white candles, it is another story!

• Advertisement

So many times I want to unfollow but the entertainment value is too good!

Another blog dislike of mine. When a blogger has featured in a magazine or has done a tv slot and they ask 'Did you see me on tv?" for example, it really bugs me. If they asked "what did you think of my slot?", I wouldn't mind but phrasing it the other way makes me think that what they are really saying is "Wasn't I great?". Why not just not mention it and wait until people, if they want to, comment or give their opinion. A real life situation of that would be if I was wearing new shoes, I would never say to my anyone in my company, "Do you see my new shoes". I would either ask straight up for peoples opinion on them or else say nothing and wait for their opinion or possible compliment, if that makes sense?

And asking the question in 2 separate posts ;-) just to make sure they get enough of the "you were fab Hun" posts and a million questions dissecting every item she wore and make up she has on!

And asking the question in 2 separate posts ;-) just to make sure they get enough of the "you were fab Hun" posts and a million questions dissecting every item she wore and make up she has on!

But why can't everyone have cop on and see what what we see?!

So Sue me obviously has some affiliation with Urban Decay because she's flogging it all over her Twitter. Just there I saw her on Xpose and what was her top pick at the loop in Dublin airport? Over all the stuff in the bloody place... surprise surprise an Urban Decay palette. She then got another slot later in the show where she was yappin on about more Urban Decay stuff. Is anything she does genuine at all?

Looked up her twitter for the first time, just saw she has trade marked her name!!!!

I honestly don't thing any reviews are genuine,the blog in my view is purely commercial money making machine and while I don't begrudge anybody making a living I do begrudge the blatant misleading of followers and her her "fav" products change like the weather depending on the highest bidder!

As a disclaimer the above is purely my opinion and accept I could be wrong

I like how on the Makeup Fairy's website in the "About Me" section, she stayed the brands that she is affiliated with. Why doesn't the leading blogger do this and then there would be a greater sense of transparency and honesty in my opinion?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement