Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for runners/ walkers

Options
  • 21-01-2015 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I am wondering if i may have a problem or if its something i just need to push through. Trying to use walking or running as a form of exercise is awful for me because of the leg pains.

I have often tried it ah my main form of exercise but end up giving up after a couple of wks because i cant stand the pain i get from walking in my shins. It is incredibly sore and just doesnt go away.

The pain is only on my shin bone area, but of course i get normal next day muscle pains, which i can deal with.
    The thing is the shin pain doesnt go away like the muscle pain does after a couple of days. Every time i do walking seriously, my legs are agony! It stops when i stop walking.

So is it normal and just something to push through, is it my technique? Is it something else? Any ideas?

Apologies for spelling mistakes. Im on a phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Could be shin splints.

Try stretching your legs, particularly the calves, a lot before you go walking/running.

There's a good thread on it here from the Athletics forum that you might find helpful but the most common causes are in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Oh i would always do stretches before goin. And a cool down after. It never helped. I will have a look into that. Thanks

Advertisement