Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No saorview signal north facing

Options
  • 21-01-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I live in the northside of dublin facing north out onto the m50. I went to powercity to purchase a small indoor aerial but didnt couldnt recieve any of the stations. The guy in powercity said its cause im facing north.
    As its an apartment i cannot put up a satellite or aerial outdoors... Has anyone had the same problems and is there a really good indoor aerial (nice looking of course) which will solve the problem?

Cheers
    Dpjmie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

dpjmie wrote: »
    The guy in powercity said its cause im facing north.

He's probably correct, most likely your recommended Saorview transmitter is Kippure to the south/south-west. The signal is probably too weak in the apartment to work with your indoor aerial, an outdoor aerial pointing south is most likely required.

http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

The Cush wrote: »
    He's probably correct, most likely your recommended Saorview transmitter is Kippure to the south/south-west. The signal is probably too weak in the apartment to work with your indoor aerial, an outdoor aerial pointing south is most likely required.

http://www.saorview.ie/get-saorview/make-the-switch/

Thanks very much for the reply. I guess I'll go to the management company and ask them about a saorsat feed from the roof

Cheers
    dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

dpjmie wrote: »
    I guess I'll go to the management company and ask them about a saorsat feed from the roof

or a shared aerial, might be the cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Indoor aerials only work properly for around 5% of people. You are one of the 95%.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Cheers for the info guys, back to the drawing board so it is....

• Advertisement
Advertisement