Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks that dispense €10 notes?

Options
  • 21-01-2015 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any banks (if there are any) that dispense €10 euro notes from their ATMs?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    Anyone know any banks (if there are any) that dispense €10 euro notes from their ATMs?

Cheers

Ulsterbank

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Alot of the time it depends on the location. The AIB banklink in DCU used to dispense €10 notes but AIB ones generally don't.

I go to two local towns alot - the Ulster Bank in one town dispenses 10 euros and in the other town it does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I'll do a trial and error. Cheers

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

BOI do also. What area are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I'm with BoI, and I never get that option. Anywhere around Dublin city, Dublin 8/10/12

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It depends on the location of the ATM. Usually the ATMs that are actually in, or just outside the branches would have tenners in them. The way it works with ATMs is that there's 4 or 5 'drawers' inside them for the money. Usually 2 for 50s, 2 for 20s and 1 for 10s. However, in a lot of locations, particularly ones that have a high volume of ATM transactions, they change the 10 drawer for another 50 or 20 drawer because they last longer. Often the ATMs in shops will have tenners also, however the tens usually empty out quickly in those machines.

I think the BOI's near those locations would be Ballyfermot Branch, Walkinstown Branch, James's Hospital, although I'm not 100% sure, that's a bit outside my stomping ground. There's an ATM and branch locator on the BOI website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

In Germany you can get €5 notes from some ATMs, which is usual. But I have gotten €100 notes from German ATMs also.

I know for a while AIB used to stock more €10 notes in their ATMs. But I havent seen them in ages

I was in AIB Grafton Street today and the ATM inside of the bank(not the lobby) had €10 notes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Almost all college ATMs have tenners in them, to account for students being broke and all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Almost all college ATMs have tenners in them, to account for students being broke and all

When I was in college in UCD, the ATMs very often only had 50s :eek:

Advertisement