Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

FYI Bikeworld Gift vouchers

• 21-01-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I got a gift voucher from my sister-in-law for Christmas from Bikeworld, €100, not bad!
    So I went along today to use for voucher, was about to fork out a further €200 for a set of tyres. Up stairs at the sales counter, the bull**** begun!. "Do you have the original sales receipt" I'm asked. "Of course not" I say, "it's a gift voucher, I didn't buy it myself!" I'm told that they can't honor the voucher without the original receipt. Down stairs, I speak to the manager, Neil, who gave me the same crap about the original receipt, or receipt number. The voucher is only a few weeks old, perfectly legible and with a hand written Voucher number, written by a member of BikeWorks staff, who also signed the voucher, but that number means nothing according to the manager, Neil and the number that could have validated the voucher was not on the voucher, and is not as a matter of process put on the voucher. As far as Neil was concerned, the the €100 he got at Christmas was firmly in his pocket and he wasn't about to make any common sense exceptions today. Did he check the 'till' records for transactions that day or speak to the member of staff that issued the voucher? Nope, couldn't give a ****! Not interested he doing his job what so ever, no receipt with your voucher, piss off.....
    Well a word of warning! I won't be going i there again, other than to try on gloves or boots etc before i buy online :-)
    They defiantly will NEVER get another penny from me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Welcome to boards.ie

There are many regular posters here, and I am sure that you will fit in well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Robbie. dub

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats very poor customer service, I would start by ringing consumer affairs
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/gift-vouchers
    and if it can't be sorted by them, then escalate it to small claims court.
    I wouldn't stand for that kind of behaviour, its very poor TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

I got a gift voucher from my sister-in-law for Christmas from Bikeworld, €100, not bad!
    So I went along today to use for voucher, was about to fork out a further €200 for a set of tyres. Up stairs at the sales counter, the bull**** begun!. "Do you have the original sales receipt" I'm asked. "Of course not" I say, "it's a gift voucher, I didn't buy it myself!" I'm told that they can't honor the voucher without the original receipt. Down stairs, I speak to the manager, Neil, who gave me the same crap about the original receipt, or receipt number. The voucher is only a few weeks old, perfectly legible and with a hand written Voucher number, written by a member of BikeWorks staff, who also signed the voucher, but that number means nothing according to the manager, Neil and the number that could have validated the voucher was not on the voucher, and is not as a matter of process put on the voucher. As far as Neil was concerned, the the €100 he got at Christmas was firmly in his pocket and he wasn't about to make any common sense exceptions today. Did he check the 'till' records for transactions that day or speak to the member of staff that issued the voucher? Nope, couldn't give a ****! Not interested he doing his job what so ever, no receipt with your voucher, piss off.....
    Well a word of warning! I won't be going i there again, other than to try on gloves or boots etc before i buy online :-)
    They defiantly will NEVER get another penny from me!!!

Also got a voucher for them at Xmas and was in the shop the first day they opened to cash her in. Ray lopes after me getting a new textile jacket and was sound enough on the price.
    When I went to the till and produced the bikeworld voucher the same ****e started with the blonde one upstairs. Luckily I knew who bought the voucher and we could find the account under their name. However I do agree that it's a stupid system for vouchers in that shop. They hand write a number onto the voucher when you buy it and the number means **** all!!

Whatever about not spending a penny there ever again Deffo go in to redeem your voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I always find the best gift vouchers are the ones that come out of ATMs :)

Scrap the cap!

Thanks all!
    I got in touch with my sister-in-la and luckily she bought the voucher online and sent me a copy of the email trail from that shower! It was with the greatest of pleasure that I went back today and redeemed the credit note in its entirety. I asked again if they thought that this was the best way that this could have been handled and the attitude was as expected, if like it then piss off. Nothing wrong here, you're the problem. Was told that I was the only one that ever complained about this, I think we all know that's not the case.
    If that original receipt wasn't dug up, I would have had to go down the Small Claims road. Glad that was avoided anyway.
    Well, the next time I go in there i will be trying something on, before I buy online, the wallet will be staying at home!!

Well, the next time I go in there i will be trying something on, before I buy online, the wallet will be staying at home!!
    Any make sure you tell them after you have tried the stuff on, that their attitude is the reason why.
    What a shower of Prick$.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

That's shocking I've bought a few things there in the past and found them OK to deal with but now I'd have to seriously consider making a purchase there. I firmly believe in rewarding good customer service and not dealing with companies that treat customers badly.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Any make sure you tell them after you have tried the stuff on, that their attitude is the reason why.
    What a shower of Prick$.

I did today, they really don't give a toss.... Not too bothered anyway there's plenty of alternatives around. This is a cool one in Cork, great bunch of lads there, a no bull$hit shop... .leehondacentre
    I can't include the actual url :-) I'm a newbee

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    That's shocking I've bought a few things there in the past and found them OK to deal with but now I'd have to seriously consider making a purchase there. I firmly believe in rewarding good customer service and not dealing with companies that treat customers badly.

You want to hear a good customer service story?
    I bought my wedding ring a few years ago in Italy. Just a plain gold one, nothing out of the ordinary. I brought it into Weirs in Dublin last year to get it cleaned, they destroyed the it. they polished away the shape and style of the ring. I complained, but not much I could do. I couldn't prove what they did or what it was like when I gave it to them, just let it go...
    I contacted the manufactured and asked them if they could repair it and what would it cost. I also asked them if they could resize it whuile they had it. Sent the ring off and waited for the bill.
    The replace the ring with a brand new one, the size I wanted for free!!

I bought my wedding ring a few years ago in Italy. Just a plain gold one, nothing out of the ordinary. I brought it into Weirs in Dublin last year to get it cleaned, they destroyed the it. they polished away the shape and style of the ring. I complained, but not much I could do. I couldn't prove what they did or what it was like when I gave it to them, just let it go...
    I contacted the manufactured and asked them if they could repair it and what would it cost. I also asked them if they could resize it whuile they had it. Sent the ring off and waited for the bill.

Whenever I get engaged I'll pm you;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

. As far as Neil was concerned, the the €100 he got at Christmas was firmly in his pocket and he wasn't about to make any common sense exceptions today. QUOTE]

Be careful what you type.....;)

Two words that make me cringe....Voucher and Bikeworld....

Well now you know why a lot of guys (self included) wont go there, except to test the gear before we buy on line or go to Cotters.....

Moral of the story? Never let anyone else clean your ring...
    Thats a good way of getting an Ultrasonic cleaner, tell your significant other that you can clean jewellery in it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Died laughing....... :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

goodlad wrote: »
    Died laughing....... :D:D

I'm currently cleaning the coffee I spat out on my desk! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Thanks for the tip off. Seems like a ridiculous system they operate. Will avoid!

Thats a good way of getting an Ultrasonic cleaner, tell your significant other that you can clean jewellery in it;)

Use this to clean your ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I always had a good experience with bikeworld, only after I reared up on them with a pair of faulty RST boots and then the replacement Dainese boots went arseways aswell. They even went down to megabikes and get me a pair of boots to replace the dainese ones as they had them in stock and I told them that was where I was going with my "Refund" they were not giving me.......so they got them for me.

But I would not buy anything expensive or for the love of god leave a bike in to be serviced by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Since Paudie (RIP) jumped ship to go to Meskells & Ger left the workshop, Bikeworld has nothing to offer IMHO

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    Use this to clean your ring

Cheers CJ!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I always had a good experience with bikeworld, only after I reared up on them with a pair of faulty RST boots and then the replacement Dainese boots went arseways aswell. They even went down to megabikes and get me a pair of boots to replace the dainese ones as they had them in stock and I told them that was where I was going with my "Refund" they were not giving me.......so they got them for me.

But I would not buy anything expensive or for the love of god leave a bike in to be serviced by them.

Well I originally wanted to get tyres from them with the voucher, and although it made me sick handing over the rest of the money to make up the balance, I still did, it was better than paying full price for them. The tyres are great, but less than impressed with the quality of service......another reason not to go back....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bloody hell, that's poor form. I got a mate a voucher for bikeworld before and there was no problems, it must be a new thing.
    Although, getting tyres fitted there last year I specifically asked them to balance them as I knew my front wheel was dodgy. "Dont worry, we balance every wheel we fit a new tyre to". First trip on the motorway I could feel it wasn't balanced and had to pay another guy to do it.
    It has the potential to be the best bike shop by a long way in the country, but they just don't seem to want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cienciano wrote: »
    It has the potential to be the best bike shop by a long way in the country, but they just don't seem to want it.

Agreed...in the UK large shops like these organise burger vans, tea coffee etc in the summer months to attract guys to meet there before or after a spin.....dont think bikeworld ever did this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Agreed...in the UK large shops like these organise burger vans, tea coffee etc in the summer months to attract guys to meet there before or after a spin.....dont think bikeworld ever did this....

Perfect location for that too.

Cienciano wrote:

their approach it totally off, short sighted and out - dated at best.

The owner who sits down stairs is a toffee nosed goon aswell.....Ray who works up stairs is okay in fairness but the rest of them are so out of touch service wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

im 50/50 when it comes to the place, i have bought some gear in there, Dianese leathers etc, but so many bad stories about it over the years its incredible its sill open,

Its open coz you get the yippidy eyes going in for a browse yeah, dentists and doctors you know loike! Buying whatever they are told to buy!!! And then going out once a month on their BEEEMERS loike for brunch and frothy cinos!

Mongos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its open coz you get the yippidy eyes going in for a browse yeah, dentists and doctors you know loike! Buying whatever they are told to buy!!! And then going out once a month on their BEEEMERS loike for brunch and frothy cinos!

Mongos!

Aside from finding these types annoying, I've nothing against them in fairness; better to have a clueless BikeWorld-loving dentist mongo driving a moto than a car, right?

But yeah, they are uneducated bike-wise and basically fall into the trap of being told what to buy and where, and this keeps the likes of BikeWorld afloat.

That said, I'd prefer BikeWorld to be there than to not be there with nothing better in its place.

Every industry has vulture businesses like BikeWorld. Supply and demand dictates if there's room for one. If there's a niche, there's a niche and it'll be filled. BikeWorld is for a different market and a different type of motorcyclist...Live and let live!

I'm not sticking up for BikeWorld; I've only been in there 4 or 5 times and always found them to be condescending pretentious tw*ts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement