Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Goin on up at Marian PK

Options
  • 21-01-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Passed by the above earlier good few people assembled with banners about no water meters etc...........I didn't realise that IW metering guys were in town, thought they would have had more sense after what happened over in Ferrybank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

it's not something that's going to be stopped only delayed........so of course they'll be back and right or wrong arrests for 'protestors' are a reality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

There putting in Boundary boxes for the Water Meters, company called Shareridge is going to be blitzing the town or at least trying to to get it all done

However as has been proved elsewhere in the country they have none of the requisite site notices health and safety documentation displayed anywhere on the vehicles etc etc, so delayed or not they cannot commence works anywhere without those so can be moved on until such time as those notices are gotten

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

shinzon wrote: »
    There putting in Boundary boxes for the Water Meters, company called Shareridge is going to be blitzing the town or at least trying to to get it all done

However as has been proved elsewhere in the country they have none of the requisite site notices health and safety documentation displayed anywhere on the vehicles etc etc, so delayed or not they cannot commence works anywhere without those so can be moved on until such time as those notices are gotten

Shin

Total Bol#cks Shin, surprised at you, normally sensible stuff from you. There is no requirement for health and safety site notices as you say above, for road openings and large works yes but not for what is deemed small works.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Total Bol#cks Shin, surprised at you, normally sensible stuff from you. There is no requirement for health and safety site notices as you say above, for road openings and large works yes but not for what is deemed small works.

really

http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Publications_and_Forms/Publications/Safe_System_of_Work_Plan_SSWP_/SSWP_Roadworks_Pic.pdf

Shin

So what's your point, ? leaving a link to an HSA document that is a general building works recommendation, is like going to fix a watch with a vise grip! You are being pedantic and grasping at straws like this whole stupid "campaign" of anti water charges.

• Advertisement

So what's your point, ? leaving a link to an HSA document that is a general building works recommendation, is like going to fix a watch with a vise grip! You are being pedantic and grasping at straws like this whole stupid "campaign" of anti water charges.

if you read the document youd see that at the very least there has to be safepass credentials displayed before any works are carried out and that is at the very least so no not grasping at straws tbh

If you link any evidence to the contrary that no documents need to be displayed or presented anywhere before works are undertaken id read through it

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

if you read the document youd see that at the very least there has to be safepass credentials displayed before any works are carried out...

Could you point out on what page it says it has to be displayed? On the first pictograms page, it says they must be available, but not displayed. And i'm pretty sure by available, that means the proper authorities can request them. Not some Joe Soap who decided he doesn't want a Water Meter installed.

Could you point out on what page it says it has to be displayed? On the first pictograms page, it says they must be available, but not displayed. And i'm pretty sure by available, that means the proper authorities can request them. Not some Joe Soap who decided he doesn't want a Water Meter installed.

Fair enough so just so we all know any fecker with a digger and a kango hammer can go around digging holes anywhere without any regard for health and safety requirements

:rolleyes:

Shin

Fair enough so just so we all know any fecker with a digger and a kango hammer can go around digging holes anywhere without any regard for health and safety requirements

:rolleyes:

Shin

No they can't, but they do,in fact you do actually need a road opening licence from the relevant local authority, If I was you I'd stop digging as you obviously haven't a clue what you are talking about.

No they can't, but they do,in fact you do actually need a road opening licence from the relevant local authority, If I was you I'd stop digging as you obviously haven't a clue what you are talking about.

ok tell me this oh wise one why did shareridge pull out of Marion Park

ill give you one guess and its not the protestors

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

This company are doing a lot more than just installing boundary boxes, if that's what there doing at all. Unless the main roads are being billed for water because there ripping up roadways all around the city installing pipes. Long, very long, pipes over a long stretch. Could be a fancy water meter for all I know but they are also working in the business park on the Tramore Road (businesses already pay for water).

Sully wrote: »
    This company are doing a lot more than just installing boundary boxes, if that's what there doing at all. Unless the main roads are being billed for water because there ripping up roadways all around the city installing pipes. Long, very long, pipes over a long stretch. Could be a fancy water meter for all I know but they are also working in the business park on the Tramore Road (businesses already pay for water).

From the Waterford Kilkenny says no Facebook page

We at "Waterford & South Kilkenny Says No" are delighted to inform all the people that work being carried out by the company Shareidge acting on behalf of Irish Water and the Waterford City Council fitting water meters in the Marion Pk estate of Waterford City has ceased due to Health & Safety standards falling well below short of acceptable standards and after a City official refused to accept responsibility for this area on site we then demanded that the H&S authority be brought on site immediately to deal with this issue.

This was not forthcoming and after consultation with the Gardai on site due to these concerns and poor and out of date faulty equipment the decision was made by and we stress made by Shareridge the company themselves to leave the site due to as they said non cooperation from the public.

Health & Safety concerns raised were as follows > hazardous dirty footpaths and street and oil left on street by leaking poor and out of date equipment and No Toilet facilities for the workmen on site.

Once again we stress we did not stop workers from carrying out their working duties, we did not obstruct flowing traffic, we did not interfere with the old lead pipes from being replaced as part of the pipe upgrading programme system in the area as we only peacefully simply requested that the whole area be made Safe for everyone.

Once again we the people were at the front line on this issue and all we ask for in return is your support on this matter if you agree with what we are doing.And remember the next estate they come to could be yours so support your neighbouring estates as you would want to be supported by them.

Thank you.

Robert o' Neill > Chairman.

Shin

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We at "Waterford & South Kilkenny Says No" are delighted to inform all the people that work being carried out by the company Shareidge acting on behalf of Irish Water and the Waterford City Council fitting water meters in the Marion Pk estate of Waterford City has ceased due to Health & Safety standards falling well below short of acceptable standards and after a City official refused to accept responsibility for this area on site we then demanded that the H&S authority be brought on site immediately to deal with this issue.

This was not forthcoming and after consultation with the Gardai on site due to these concerns and poor and out of date faulty equipment the decision was made by and we stress made by Shareridge the company themselves to leave the site due to as they said non cooperation from the public.

Health & Safety concerns raised were as follows > hazardous dirty footpaths and street and oil left on street by leaking poor and out of date equipment and No Toilet facilities for the workmen on site.

Once again we stress we did not stop workers from carrying out their working duties, we did not obstruct flowing traffic, we did not interfere with the old lead pipes from being replaced as part of the pipe upgrading programme system in the area as we only peacefully simply requested that the whole area be made Safe for everyone.

Once again we the people were at the front line on this issue and all we ask for in return is your support on this matter if you agree with what we are doing.And remember the next estate they come to could be yours so support your neighbouring estates as you would want to be supported by them.

Thank you.

Shin

I wasn't disputing or making any comment on Health & Safety issues?

ok tell me this oh wise one why did shareridge pull out of Marion Park

ill give you one guess and its not the protestors

Shin

Did you not read the statement you posted? "Due to Non cooperation by the public"

Did you not read the statement you posted? "Due to Non cooperation by the public"

Love the cherry picking that's what shareridge said which was nothing to do with why they actually pulled out

If it was non-co operation people would have been arrested for obstruction, remember the court order where people have to stay a certain distance away from the workers

Shin

I'm not cherry picking just quoting your own post, make your mind up.
    I had a look yesterday and share ridge were replacing all the 50 year old pipes and including some lead pipes. I wonder how the residents feel that they won't have the full pressure water not contaminated by lead that they could have had Monday next.

I'm not cherry picking just quoting your own post, make your mind up.
    I had a look yesterday and share ridge were replacing all the 50 year old pipes and including some lead pipes. I wonder how the residents feel that they won't have the full pressure water not contaminated by lead that they could have had Monday next.

Again read the statement they didn't block any replacement piping work going on

and just for clarification

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You'll excuse me if i have zero respect for the groups who started far from peaceful. I wouldn't trust a word they say.

You'll excuse me if i have zero respect for the groups who started far from peaceful. I wouldn't trust a word they say.

well thats your own business not mine tbh

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Thank you.

Shin

i have never heard such rubbish in my life from a person who clearly doesnt have a clue about H&S. No requirement to display Safepass, site notices in this case, safety documentation on vehicles and im sure all the rest of the verbal diarrhea quoted is bull too, clearly a case of some jumped up idiots trying to make up stuff to hinder something happening.
    Why not do the right thing and admit your posse intimidated some lads trying to do their work and in the end ye f-ed it up because people on here have already shown that you dont have a clue what you are talking about and are a bunch of lads that most sensible people are best avoid.
    As a side but linked note, these pathetic and spurious H&S claims (why the F are ye so worried about workmens welfare facilities) are counter productive because when someone spouts off some lies like this, they will always be found out. in this case, most people on here knew that the H&S claims made were ill-founded attempts to cause trouble. You might have a real H&S issue in the future, best not to try and abuse the laws there to protect people for some ill-conceived 3 stooges plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Boundary boxes were being installed, even thought the residents were told that they were merely fixing pipes. The Guards were called and advised them to halt as there were actually several health and safety issues. A residents wall was cracked, other walls chipped, debris and oil running down the street, machines with checks out of date, dumper obstructing footpath, bald tires on said dumpster, no documents to display.
    I don't get why some choose to slag off the protesters, and yes I'm proud to say I'm one of them. Always peaceful, always having a craic while trying to get a point across. We do already pay for our water. The meters are second hand, from Germany. They got rid because they say they're a cancer risk. This government stinks and we choose to at least try to do something about it. Better to have hope than sit at home giving out about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Max Powers wrote: »
    most people on here knew that the H&S claims made were ill-founded attempts to cause trouble.

Nonsence, since when is showing concern in any way for another persons welfare (the workers or residents) being classes as an attempt to cause trouble.

Your post reeks of social psychology by the way, classing people who sit down and shut up as sensible and people who object the being charged multiple times for a single resource as trouble makers.

i have never heard such rubbish in my life from a person who clearly doesnt have a clue about H&S. No requirement to display Safepass, site notices in this case, safety documentation on vehicles and im sure all the rest of the verbal diarrhea quoted is bull too, clearly a case of some jumped up idiots trying to make up stuff to hinder something happening.
    Why not do the right thing and admit your posse intimidated some lads trying to do their work and in the end ye f-ed it up because people on here have already shown that you dont have a clue what you are talking about and are a bunch of lads that most sensible people are best avoid.
    As a side but linked note, these pathetic and spurious H&S claims (why the F are ye so worried about workmens welfare facilities) are counter productive because when someone spouts off some lies like this, they will always be found out. in this case, most people on here knew that the H&S claims made were ill-founded attempts to cause trouble. You might have a real H&S issue in the future, best not to try and abuse the laws there to protect people for some ill-conceived 3 stooges plan.

yeah id call these people a posse alright, get a grip in all honesty

posse_zps62bbc3f4.jpg

Shin

brilliant..''in all honesty''...when you have been outed here as a bare faced liar by numerous people before i read your changing posts. Posse might have been the wrong word but just trying to be polite, bunch of charlatans, misplaced indignation, there are so many ways to describe these what i can only imagine (if they are associated with those posts) are a laughable bunch.
    Normally i wouldnt bother but when someone/some group persists with lies, in a deliberate attempt to decieve people on here and the people of Waterford they need to be outed.

brilliant..''in all honesty''...when you have been outed here as a bare faced liar by numerous people before i read your changing posts. Posse might have been the wrong word but just trying to be polite, bunch of charlatans, misplaced indignation, there are so many ways to describe these what i can only imagine (if they are associated with those posts) are a laughable bunch.
    Normally i wouldnt bother but when someone/some group persists with lies, in a deliberate attempt to decieve people on here and the people of Waterford they need to be outed.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder calm down youll do yourself an injury with your indignation there, basic health and safety for the safety of the general public is practiced on all building sites otherwise any Tom Dick and harry could be digging holes all over the place with no concern for anyones safety.

And ive not changed my stance one jot from what I originally posted

Step away calm down and maybe then you can be an objective contributor to this thread.

You also seem to think that the Waterford Kilkenny says no thread is something to do with me and it isn't so please get your facts straight before calling anyone a liar

Shin

Shinzon, that post was increasingly despearate. Dont embarass yourself further by talking basic H&S, because your previous posts clearly indicated that you dont have a clue about basic H&S. You cant salvage the lies you already posted trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

crustybla wrote: »
    Boundary boxes were being installed, even thought the residents were told that they were merely fixing pipes. The Guards were called and advised them to halt as there were actually several health and safety issues. A residents wall was cracked, other walls chipped, debris and oil running down the street, machines with checks out of date, dumper obstructing footpath, bald tires on said dumpster, no documents to display.
    I don't get why some choose to slag off the protesters, and yes I'm proud to say I'm one of them. Always peaceful, always having a craic while trying to get a point across. We do already pay for our water. The meters are second hand, from Germany. They got rid because they say they're a cancer risk. This government stinks and we choose to at least try to do something about it. Better to have hope than sit at home giving out about it.

The Guards do not get involved in health and safety full stop. It is hard enough to get them involves in a crime scene as it is ne er mind stretching incredulity to the Limit telling us a Cop made a call on H and S grounds,

Shinzon, that post was increasingly despearate. Dont embarass yourself further by talking basic H&S, because your previous posts clearly indicated that you dont have a clue about basic H&S. You cant salvage the lies you already posted trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

In the end I don't give 2 flying fiddlers what you think tbh, shareridge pulled out of Marion Park due to health and Safety concerns full stop, now whether you believe it or anyone else believes it I don't actually really care

And im not pulling the wool over anyones eyes why would I want to I have no vested interests in the page, I don't own it I don't administer it, other then copying the statement made from there page to here.

If shareridge cant handle a few protestors with a few banners asking questions and pull out because of so called "non cooperation from the public", they'll be **** all of the precious meters installed in Waterford

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

crustybla wrote: »
    The meters are second hand, from Germany. They got rid because they say they're a cancer risk. This government stinks and we choose to at least try to do something about it. Better to have hope than sit at home giving out about it.

Do you have any actual proof of that? vague allegations unsupported are a general no no

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote: »
    Do you have any actual proof of that? vague allegations unsupported are a general no no

The back bone of the anti water campaign vague unsupported statements. Or down right lies as they are called in English,

Advertisement