Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps for having a failed module looked at?

Options
  • 21-01-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Looks like I failed a semester one module, dont see how though as I only needed less than 19% in the final exam to pass the module, pretty sure I got that, stayed until the end and answered a lot on the paper.

Whats the process for getting your grades checked (the homeworks/labs and exam)?

Do you have to wait until the final results are out and go through the whole official process where you pay a fee and fill out a form etc, or can your lecturer/module co-ordinator check over your results before the official results are out?

Also one of my homework grades (the last one) for that module is not showing up on blackboard, though it was definitley handed in. How would this work if they say it was never recieved, even though it was 100% definitley handed in by myself, before the deadline given. Anyone ever experience this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

gline wrote: »

Also one of my homework grades (the last one) for that module is not showing up on blackboard, though it was definitley handed in. How would this work if they say it was never recieved, even though it was 100% definitley handed in by myself, before the deadline given. Anyone ever experience this before?

Contact the lecturer first, ask them to check the results and see what they say. I had one of mine checked and they were back to me in about 2 days.

On a different occasion, some of the results hadn't been transferred over from the lecturers computer correctly and a few students had failing grades, including me. Fortunately, he managed to tell me before the results came out so I wasn't freaking out, but some people weren't so lucky and had an awful shock. Anyway, if something isn't showing up you can ask them to check it's been accounted for, just in case something similar happened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Maldesu wrote: »
    Contact the lecturer first, ask them to check the results and see what they say. I had one of mine checked and they were back to me in about 2 days.

On a different occasion, some of the results hadn't been transferred over from the lecturers computer correctly and a few students had failing grades, including me. Fortunately, he managed to tell me before the results came out so I wasn't freaking out, but some people weren't so lucky and had an awful shock. Anyway, if something isn't showing up you can ask them to check it's been accounted for, just in case something similar happened

Thanks for the info, Ive emailed the lecturer, just waiting on a reply. So these type of mistakes can happen.:)

It really does feel like something is missing as all the rest of my grades were pretty much what I thought they would be, I even wrote little notes at the end of each exam with a rough guess on how the exam went and they were pretty correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

gline wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, Ive emailed the lecturer, just waiting on a reply. So these type of mistakes can happen.:)

It really does feel like something is missing as all the rest of my grades were pretty much what I thought they would be, I even wrote little notes at the end of each exam with a rough guess on how the exam went and they were pretty correct.

Hope it works out for you

Advertisement