Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet light in modem

Options
  • 21-01-2015 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hi, I already posted this in the eircom community forum but thought I might get a better response here:

Hi, we recently got a new modem as our old one had broken, it was working perfectly untill last night. I got an error message that there was a connection problem while I was online so I followed the instructions to reset the modem. After doing this the Internet light in the modem was red rather than green. I did another diagnostics check on the laptop and it told me to reset the modem so I did this by pressing the reset button on the side. Initially it started working again for about two minutes before cutting off completely. Now there is no internet light at all on the modem. I tried connecting it via ethernet directly to the laptop but it still wouldn't connect. Also now if I try reset it using the reset button nothing happens at all, no flashing lights or anything. Any ideas what's going on? It's a d1000 modem if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, I already posted this in the eircom community forum but thought I might get a better response here:

Hi, we recently got a new modem as our old one had broken, it was working perfectly untill last night. I got an error message that there was a connection problem while I was online so I followed the instructions to reset the modem. After doing this the Internet light in the modem was red rather than green. I did another diagnostics check on the laptop and it told me to reset the modem so I did this by pressing the reset button on the side. Initially it started working again for about two minutes before cutting off completely. Now there is no internet light at all on the modem. I tried connecting it via ethernet directly to the laptop but it still wouldn't connect. Also now if I try reset it using the reset button nothing happens at all, no flashing lights or anything. Any ideas what's going on? It's a d1000 modem if that makes a difference. Thanks!
    Hi SillyMangoX

I do see from my tests that the modem is not identified,

Have you tried resetting the modem by pressing the very small button located in the pinhole at the back? You might need a pin for this.

The tests I've run show a few (very minor) but from experience these issues should not be causing connection loss. There are no issues with the line externally and your connection set up (manual set up at socket show no issues either).

I see you were advised to contact support when you got on to the community forum and if in the case you have already attempted to press the small button located in the pinhole I'm afraid that's the best advice I can offer you to as ultimately this would signal a requirement for a new modem.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Those D1000 routers are just ****e. Eircom why did you not just stick with the Motorola Netopia routers.  

Chris___ wrote: »
    Those D1000 routers are just ****e. Eircom why did you not just stick with the Motorola Netopia routers.  
    Hi Chris___

I'll pass your feedback on the D1000 to operations, Im unable to offer such an operational reason from choosing it over the Netopia but apologies for the inconvenience it's caused you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Rang the helpline, turns out the modem was dead. New one delivered this morning and everything is working perfect so far! Apparently there's been a few modems around this area dying lately.

Rang the helpline, turns out the modem was dead. New one delivered this morning and everything is working perfect so far! Apparently there's been a few modems around this area dying lately.
    Thanks for letting me know SillyMangoX

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement