Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling my account - is this correct

Options
  • 21-01-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi there
    I have decided to swap my phone and broadband to sky to reduce our outgoings.
    I called eircom today to cancel. I spoke to a man who took not of my intention to cancel and said it would take effect in 30 days.
    However, he said I did NOT need to email the cancellation dept or put my intention to cancel in writing. 
    Is this correct? Can you check this out for me?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

newwifey wrote: »
    Hi there
    I called eircom today to cancel. I spoke to a man who took not of my intention to cancel and said it would take effect in 30 days.
    However, he said I did NOT need to email the cancellation dept or put my intention to cancel in writing. 
    Many thanks
    Hi newwifey

In the case of changing to another provider it is the responsibility of the provider you are signing up with to arrange the take over of the existing service. If eircom fully closed down the account you would lose service and a lot of issues would arise as a result.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Hi there
    Many thanks
    I would advise you to write to them AND email them as well, so there can be no doubt. If you don't do this, they can easily "forget" your instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Thanks for the replies
    Al, can you confirm that I do NOT need to write or email eircom indicating my intention to switch to another provider?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for the replies
    Al, can you confirm that I do NOT need to write or email eircom indicating my intention to switch to another provider?
    Thanks
    Hi newwifey

If you are switching to another provider as advised below then no you do not. The other provider look after this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement