Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taking away of cut-down tree branches

• 21-01-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have a load of cut-up branches off a tree that I cut down, I need someone to take these away in a van/truck and dispose of them (I'm in south Dublin). The current volume of the wood is roughly a skip size, however a decent size branch-shredder would greatly reduce the volume.

Any suggestions for a taker-away of such green waste?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ask around your neighbours and i assume you'll find a taker - if the wood is chunky enough for burning in an open fire or stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bluebeard99

No I have extracted the logs that are big enough for burning, so I'm left with the rest of the tree to get rid of: the smaller-diameter branches and foliage.

If someone had an industrial size branch shredder the volume of the stuff could be greatly reduced.

I just want to get rid of it, Matron has me under pressure .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

No I have extracted the logs that are big enough for burning, so I'm left with the rest of the tree to get rid of: the smaller-diameter branches and foliage.

If someone had an industrial size branch shredder the volume of the stuff could be greatly reduced.

I just want to get rid of it, Matron has me under pressure .....

Rent a chipper about 150 per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bluebeard99

I was hoping I'd find a man with a lorry who would remove this stuff for less than the price of a skip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

just get one of those landscape companies to do it for you ring them up and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Unless you know someone with a wood-burning stove, you'll have to fork out. A landscaper won't land on with a chipper and remove it for free.

If you have the space, and I'm speaking hypothetically here, you could dry the twigs and burn them early some Saturday morning. Most people sleep-in Sat. so inquisitive or reporting neighbours should be less of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 CottonMouth

I had to hire a petrol shredder from HSS eventually for same problem, slightly more cuttings though.
    Tried burning in chimnea, foliage smoke will have fire brigade there in minutes.
    It'll leave you with a black bag approx of chippings, can use to mulch flower beds.
    Nobody will take it away for free.

Advertisement