Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Runners like Lunarglides

Options
  • 21-01-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

I got a gait analysis about 4 years ago after a picking up a few iunjuries. I was told that I was over pronating, but one foot was worse than the other.

The guy recommended Lunarglides I bought them, and since then I have never had any injuries. I have had around 4 different pairs of Lunarglides since then.

I'm just wondering, are there any other runners out there similar to them that I might try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

having used lunarglides for a while - they are a nice cushioned shoe with a bit of stablility thrown in. if you want to try something else, maybe a slight bit lighter, but also with some mild stability elements and with cushioning, I'd say that the Skechers go run ride could suit you. some good deals on amazon - depending on your size.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=go%20run%20ride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Thanks for that. Ill give it a go and see what it churns out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Runrepeat.com is a good website, it looks at review from many sites and one of the things it does is suggest similar shoes.

For the Lunarr Glides this is what it says

"Similar Running Shoes
    Features of different shoes vary from one another, but there are times that they offer the same performance in the field. The Nike LunarGlide is among those shoes that offer great amount of flexibility and stability, as well as cushioning.

Some of the similar running shoes that offer the same performance as the Nike LunarGlide are the New Balance 870, Nike Zoom Vomero, and the Adidas Adistar Boost. These shoes are also among the softest and stable shoes that you can find in the market today.

New Balance 870 is a little bit lighter compared to the Nike LunarGlide and they have almost the same heel and forefoot cushioning. This means that this is really capable of giving you the quality pair of shoes that you need for your run. The New Balance 870v3 is perfect for people who are into marathons and are overpronators.

The Nike Zoom Vomero is also a top alternative for the LunarGlide because of this shoe’s stability and cushioning features. Although this is a bit heavier than the Nike LunarGlide and the New Balance 870v3, this has a better stability and support for your heel section during your run. This is a very good shoe that offers a well-cushioned ride that is also very flexible for your daily training.

Meanwhile, the Adidas Adistar Boost offers the same flexibility and support just like the other shoes that we mentioned above. The stability in this shoe is, of course, important especially for long distance runs, and this is what the Adidas Adistar Boost can assure you. Together with the flexibility and well-cushioned performance, you will surely never go wrong with this shoe. This is designed for people who are looking for a responsive ride with a high amount of cushioning and stability."

Advertisement