Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring for programmer

Options
  • 21-01-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help me out. I'm switching from the old Apt heating timer to a new Digital programmer, the only problem is trying to figure out the wiring.

The wiring is one blue (b1) and one brown (br1) together and then 2 blue wires (b2 and b3) and 2 brown wires (br2 and br3) all together.
    Sorry I can't seem to add pics.

The apt time was wired like this:
    Br1 + Br2 into opening 1
    Br3 into 2
    all three blue wires into 3

The new Sangamo programmer has openings like this:

N L 1 2 3

Ive put all three blues into N, Br1 and Br2 into L, Ive put Br3 into 1 (doesn't seem to matter where I put it though.

The problem is, there is power to the programmer and the boiler comes on but it won't knock off. Ive tried a few different combinations with the Browns but always leaving all Blues in N.
    It seems that B2 has to be in L to get the programme to power and B2 needs to be in L aswell to have the boiler come on, so what am I doing wrong?

I hope im not too confusing, I wish I could upload pics to make it easier.
    Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Model number of new clock

B3 into L
    B1&b2 into 4

Put a small link wire between L and 3

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gency

The new program ammer is a Sangamo Choice PR1n, I can't post links either sorry.

So Meercat, are you saying that I should put the Blue3 Neutral wire into the Live slot?

Gency wrote: »
    The new program ammer is a Sangamo Choice PR1n, I can't post links either sorry.

So Meercat, are you saying that I should put the Blue3 Neutral wire into the Live slot?

NO. All blue wires into N

Gency wrote: »

The new Sangamo programmer has openings like this:

N L 1 2 3

Ive put all three blues into N, Br1 and Br2 into L, Ive put Br3 into 1 (doesn't seem to matter where I put it though.
    meercat wrote: »
    Model number of new clock

B3 into L
    B1&b2 into 4

Put a small link wire between L and 3

Thanks for the reply Meercat, but I'm confused still

So I put Br3 into L
    But I don't have a slot 4 for Br1 and Br2
    And what do you mean by a small link wire?

Thanks again for your help.

Sorry (I was looking at different diagrams before you told me model)

To clarify

All blue wires into N

Br 3 into L
    Br1 & Br2 into 3

Get a small piece of wire and connect one end in L and the other end in 1

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Aw great, that is Meercat, I'll try that and let you know how I get on :)

No that didn't work.

Nothing at all, no power to programmer and no boiler on. I did exactly as you said and put a new piece of wire in L connecting into 1.

It seems that I have to have br2 into the L to get power to the programmer and the Br1 wire has to be in L too for the boiler to fire up. If these wires go anywhere else, then nothing happens.

Well I got it working, so incase anyone is stuck like me here's a woman's step by step lol

All Blue to N

Brown1 (which was the Single Brown with the single blue in the one cable) goes into L

Then Brown2 and Brown3 (which are the wires that where in the same cable as the other two blue wires) went into number 3

And then I put a single brown wire (which I got from a plug) and connected that to L and 1

And hey presto all working.

Thank you Meercat for putting me on the right track

Advertisement