Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLEEP NEED SLEEP

Options
  • 21-01-2015 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi does anyone know of a sleep nanny that calls to you to help that doesnt cost an arm an a leg . I have 18mth twin girls one if very gud at sleep but then I have this little madam that takes us hours to get asleep an when she eventually doesn fall asleep give her 4 hrs max an she is screaming the house down until we take her out of the cot an then it will take hours to get her back to sleep.. at our wits end now need to get her sorted have tried everything im donw to driving the roads to make her nod off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I know it is not what the "experts".advise, but would you not just bring her into your bed, for the sake if your own sanity?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I was considering a sleep consultant last April for our little lady as she was an atrocious non sleeper. I bought and read the no cry sleep solution and followed it through despite my complete and utter exhaustion and it worked. Like most things, the first few nights are very tough but we saw significant results after 7 days and after 2 weeks she slept through for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭addob

I agree with How Strange, find a sleep training method that you agree with, whether it be no cry as suggested or a cry it out method and stick with it.

Get the book, read up on it and get ready.

I found a bottle of wine and a video monitor the most help when doing this so I could see what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Glinda

Twins are very tough sometimes OP - not that I had them but a good friend did and she paid one of the nurses from the maternity unit to come a couple of nights a week so she could sleep through. This was when the babies were much younger though.

I suppose that's not much help, but best of luck with your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

I have to commend you on twins, I have such admiration on how parents of twins cope, having one is hard enough, especially when you're running on no sleep!

Presumably you've checked out all medical possibilities such as ear infection etc and all is ok?

My daughter hit 12 weeks and stopped sleeping, woke every half hour to an hour until about 8 weeks later I was about to collapse with tiredness. I downloaded 'save our sleep' by Tizzie Hall. There's mixed reviews but it worked for us. I couldn't do controlled crying but I followed the option she gives to not have to do that and it took longer (another 5 weeks) but it did work. It's based on a 7am-7pm routine. I'm not sure how routine has helped but it has, my little one sleeps through now apart from the odd wake up but resettles immediately.

Try a comforter if you don't already have one, Penneys have them for €2.50 wear it down your top for a day so it has your scent then give it to baby at naptime and bedtime only. Overtiredness was a big issue for us at about 5-7pm we would have the mother of all meltdowns because she wasn't napping properly during the day, I didn't realise how important naps were for a good nights sleep.

There's suggested routines for all ages as far as 2yrs old I presume and helps deal with babies standing up in their cot etc

I would recommend to try some of the suggestions others have given before you fork out big money for a sleep coach! I hope it all goes well for you and you get a well deserve rest soon!

• Advertisement
Advertisement