Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetable Plot

• 21-01-2015 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I have a big garden and I want to use some of it as a vegetable garden. Im hoping to grow Onions, Cauliflower, Carrots and Peas. Im growing all from seeds. Im going to put them in pots and in a green house and plant them in march time. What kind of fence would I need for the vegetable plot? could I do without one? any other tips would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

Hello Topmanamillion

Is your plot in a shelthered location?
    If not then you would need a fence to block strong winds

Any fence should be no higher than 1 m so that you are not blocking any sun light coming through

U can use any material. The nicest can be a wattle style fence and this could be made from willow or hazel stems
    Or you could buy willow, tatch, bamboo screens. These screens are not free standing but so you would need to erect timber posts to fix the screens too

Ive attached an image of the wattle fencing

Also. If you are growing carrots you shouldn't grow them in pots first; sow directly into rows on the vegetable plot

Advertisement