Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baking ingredients in bulk?

• 21-01-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope it s ok to ask here! have asked on the cooking chat thread as well but it seems to be inactive.

Is there anywhere I could buy bakng ingredients such as flours, cherries etc, in bulk?

Preferably online!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Cash and carry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,793 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi all, hope it s ok to ask here! have asked on the cooking chat thread as well but it seems to be inactive.

Is there anywhere I could buy bakng ingredients such as flours, cherries etc, in bulk?

Preferably online!
    So after 2 minutes with no response the thread is 'inactive'? LOL!

I've moved this thread to the correct forum & deleted the post in the Chat thread.

tHB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭phormium

Any cash and carry but if it's to get them cheaper then I don't find they are, hard to beat the German retailers. You will get branded products probably cheaper than retail but the supermarket own brands will more than likely beat those prices. I priced cocoa, flour, sugar, cherries, dried fruit in particular in a local place and none were cheaper per kilo than what I could buy the ordinary retail packs for.

Different if you just want the convenience of big bags and cost isn't the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

So after 2 minutes with no response the thread is 'inactive'? LOL!

I've moved this thread to the correct forum & deleted the post in the Chat thread.

tHB

Oh, thanks.
    No, I said it seems inactive because I think the last post in that thread was made in 2010, unless I am mistaken. I wrote in a rush and only glanced at it.

Yeah it was for cost saving, not for a small busness or anythng, just for a lot of home-baking.thanks for the answers. it's handy to know that others have checked it out and what ye found out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh, thanks.
    No, I said it seems inactive because I think the last post in that thread was made in 2010, unless I am mistaken. I wrote in a rush and only glanced at it.

The last post was made exactly 15 minutes before yours, at 8.49pm :confused:. Not sure what you were looking at, but it's a very active thread (that was only started in late 2013!).

Faith wrote: »
    The last post was made exactly 15 minutes before yours, at 8.49pm :confused:. Not sure what you were looking at, but it's a very active thread (that was only started in late 2013!).

I'm not sure now either as it's been deleted- can't say for sure which thread I'd posted in or what was looking at. It may not have been inactive after all, is that ok (moderators)? Good lord!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

I have managed to post about baking in the acrhaeology forum..:D
    Fast cursor id say FullblownRose :)

I use the local cash and carry a good bit, reasonable savings i feel.
    But the quantity aspect is probably more the reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Preferably online!

Buy Lo is not a cash and carry and they sell big bags of flour, cherries, sugar etc.

Advertisement