Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[The service] in the motor tax office.

• 21-01-2015 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

I have a company van. It has a current DOE. It has everything it should have. Tax is up at the end of the month. So, got my reminder, as it has everything in order, I can do it online with the PIN provided on the form.

So, I log in, put in my pin and get this. Bear in mind, this is the 21st January 2015.

LICENSING STATUS DETAILS

This vehicle must have a valid Certificate of Roadworthiness (CRW) in order to tax online.
    Our records show that this vehicle has required a new CRW since 25/01/2015. In order to tax this vehicle, a roadworthiness test is required. Full details, including how to make a booking, can be found on the Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing website.

Future renewals for this vehicle will be possible online while the new CRW is current.

FECKING EJITS. Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I have a company van. It has a current DOE. It has everything it should have. Tax is up at the end of the month. So, got my reminder, as it has everything in order, I can do it online with the PIN provided on the form.

So, I log in, put in my pin and get this. Bear in mind, this is the 21st January 2015.

LICENSING STATUS DETAILS

This vehicle must have a valid Certificate of Roadworthiness (CRW) in order to tax online.
    Our records show that this vehicle has required a new CRW since 25/01/2015. In order to tax this vehicle, a roadworthiness test is required. Full details, including how to make a booking, can be found on the Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing website.

Future renewals for this vehicle will be possible online while the new CRW is current.

Don't you need at least a month of valid CRVT to be able to tax for 3 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

R.O.R wrote: »
    Don't you need at least a month of valid CRVT to be able to tax for 3 months?

Never heard of that. If thats true, why send me out a renewal last week inviting me to do it online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Never heard of that. If thats true, why send me out a renewal last week inviting me to do it online?

You can cvrt (doe) a van a month early and still get a the same due date ie13 months of test so that's probably why they won't let you tax it as it could be cvrt tested now.

Maybe because your tax is about to expire, one once you've passed the CRVT test, and the data is uploaded, you can then tax the van online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Why are you leaving it so late to DoE the van? would be my question

• Advertisement

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Why are you leaving it so late to DoE the van? would be my question

I only got the renewal last week. I spend an evening every week doing my paperwork and tonites the night. Got it last week, trying to process it this week, and this is where I am at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I guess this is one of those circumstances which involve user error rather than system or programmer error!
    r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If you got it last week that means your tax is up at the end of January so you can tax it in February after you pass the DOE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭mossy50

if its a COMPANY VAN why would you get the reminder surely who ever your working for should get the REMINDER not you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

mossy50 wrote: »
    if its a COMPANY VAN why would you get the reminder surely who ever your working for should get the REMINDER not you

I think ( judging from previous posts ) that the OP has their own business .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

LICENSING STATUS DETAILS

Months! Months after my Dad had passed away a letter arrived in home addressed to my Late Loving Dad about renewing his car tax.
    Angry was not the word I would've used as I opened it,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Months! Months after my Dad had passed away a letter arrived in home addressed to my Late Loving Dad about renewing his car tax.
    kerry4sam

How are they to know your dad has passed away?

Sorry for your loss btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

not very nice way to describe the people in the tax office.

corktina wrote: »
    not very nice way to describe the people in the tax office.

If I wanted to be offensive, I would not use a Father Jack style term.

I have a mate who used to work in the one in Nutgrove. I still call him the taxman ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

It is because you must have a valid test (up to date) on the date the tax is set to begin ie 1st Feb

It is because you must have a valid test (up to date) on the date the tax is set to begin ie 1st Feb

That makes sense. Pity they didnt say that. Thank you very much.

I think (but I'm not certain) that you need a bit longer than just a few days valid CRVT/DOE to be able to tax a commercial. It's to stop people sticking a year's tax on the Van, just before the current CRVT/DOE runs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

kerry4sam wrote: »
    kerry4sam

Did anyone change the ownership of the car?

If not, how was the automated system to know any different.

Advertisement