Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying as mature student + Fetac

Options
  • 21-01-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I am currently studying the fetac course which is required by the university and degree program I'm hoping to attend next year, i am also eligible to apply as mature student as well as in am well over the minimum age of twenty three.
    To give myself the best possible chance of gaining a place in my desired degree, I am considering applying through both the fetac and mature routes on the cao?
    I've recently been told that if I apply as mature student that I will be unable to change my course choices after the Feb 1st ?, there also seems to be a lot a more work involved in the mature student application Wrk Exp,Referees, Personal Profile etc which wouldn't be a problem really because i have all of the above at hand,but if I get turned down via the mature route would I then afterwards be considered on the merit of my fetac results with the other regular fetac candidates?
    Thanks for the help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phily1986

have you had any luck getting in to college, ill be in the same situation as you next year im doing a fetac course at the min and will be applying as a mature student aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

I have the same question as OP, does anyone have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭spastification

Yes, if you fail to gain a place through the mature student route you automatically go the FETAC route. So apply using both.
    I failed to get a place in my first choice through the mature student route but was then later offered a place on the merit of my fetac results.
    Best of luck

Advertisement