Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Worlds Apart (US) - [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,568 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is one thing in being a bit nuts and having a game plan that can make a player compelling viewing he lacked the game plan part and was the right guy to be voted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was worried Jenn would be voted out right there and then, so thank Gods that Feathers went instead... I think Jenn could be a great player this season... And I'm thinking it'll be a female winner this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Aye, would have been a shame if Jenn got voted out. Would have been a tragedy for any water challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I was worried Jenn would be voted out right there and then, so thank Gods that Feathers went instead... I think Jenn could be a great player this season... And I'm thinking it'll be a female winner this season...

Yeah Jenn appears to have the smarts,No Collar and Blue Collar tribes pretty much imploded in the IC.

Mike has been added to the list of likely early departures.Irrational need to be active/unable to rest...exactly how much firewood does he think they require at any one time?!

Quite enjoyed Max's Richard Hatch tribute,nuanced bit of strategic play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thought Vince had a bit of smarts, he wasn't a complete nutjob character there for laughs.

His personality did cloud some of his decisions at times but he also had the ability to look at the bigger picture.

Will made a terrible decision. Can't imagine that group of 3 being split up.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Thought Vince had a bit of smarts, he wasn't a complete nutjob character there for laughs.

His personality did cloud some of his decisions at times but he also had the ability to look at the bigger picture.

Will made a terrible decision. Can't imagine that group of 3 being split up.

Yeah I concur,they're very tight.Could be crucial if they progress deep into the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Succumbed to temptation, first 2 episodes were entertaining but this episode was not so good, too much drama and not the good kind.

Will is useless, should have gone this week, Joe reminds me of Aras Mk1 but with less savviness.

Of the women, my favourite is Sierra but Carolyn looks like a strong bet.

The 'white collar' tribe appears to be the strongest so far with Max and Tyler showing promise.

Psalm 121 will never apply to this game. :rolleyes:

I thought I'd like Mike, but I hate Mike... Can't stand the religious ones on this show.

I think Will should've gone alright, but I didn't like how Nina was using her deafness as an excuse for not fitting in, when that obviously wasn't the case and I'm glad that came out at Tribal Council - it was also nice of Hali to change her vote in favour of Nina. Seemed like a nice gesture, but could've been a stupid move to deviate from the plan. Something could've easily gone wrong and one of the core 3 on that tribe could've ended up going...

Pretty non descript episode,glad Nina is gone.She was really whiny and overplayed her disability.Will is hopeless too,lol re his statement at tribal hoping his contribution to the tribe would be recognised.:rolleyes:

Core 3 are still tight,Hali although sympathetic to Nina's plight did the right thing,continuing to be a fan of Joe.Loved the 2 girls surfing,so no collar.Nina was definitely anything but a no collar type.

Mike irritated me with the whole my Dad is a pastor spiel,regular storyline in Survivor.I'd have more than called out Dan if he called my mother a *****!

White collar tribe progressing well other than that crazzzy lady.

I think I may love Hali. Jenn's hotter, but Hali is so awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

titan18 wrote: »
    I think I may love Hali. Jenn's hotter, but Hali is so awesome.
    She is stunning alright, hope she makes it, I dont see a lot of strtegy from her besides sticking with her mates in an alliance of 3...

2 episodes tonight/tomorrow according to my tv calendar?

http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Didn't realise that this was going to be a double episode but it was a great one with who got voted out just adding to it. The look on their faces after the 2nd tribal was fantastic. Fine example of how being a fan of something doesn't mean you're necessarily going to be good at it.

Tribe split is disappointingly uneven so means that unless they throw in a number of puzzles the challenges will be very lopsided until the merge.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Didn't realise that this was going to be a double episode but it was a great one with who got voted out just adding to it. The look on their faces after the 2nd tribal was fantastic. Fine example of how being a fan of something doesn't mean you're necessarily going to be good at it.

Tribe split is disappointingly uneven so means that unless they throw in a number of puzzles the challenges will be very lopsided until the merge.

I'm guessing it'll be only be two more weeks before merge (they usually merge at 11), so might not make a huge difference.

I was disappointed with how the first tribal went down - think it should've gone the other way on that one, but the second tribal was spot on... The two know it alls are easily the most unlikeable players to have ever played the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This seasons cast just seems really unlikeable. The majority of them are just annoying or idiots.

And I know shes nice to look at guys so most of you love her, but Hali is as sharp as a bag of hammers. Law student? I'm assuming shes going to remain a student because she is seriously dim. My respect for the bar exam would take a nosedive if the likes of her could pass it. There's just nothing going on upstairs.

At least Jen seems to have it together. I'd root for her.

Seriously good episode,the first part brought to a fore what a chauvinist pig Rodney is...way to attract the girls.Dan's idiotic nature shone brightly,Will is another bit player from a physical point of view.

Serious hit on Kelly in the RC!The boys all hung tough together in Blue Collar at the first tribal and Mike sends Kofi Annan himself Dan to repair the damage with Sierra,fine job Dan!He's talked to more girls than Mike....lol.I think that the alienation of Sierra exacerbated post the initial tribal will come back to bite the guys when she likely flips.

Switch of the tribes has been a disaster,way too one sided.The blue tribe are likely to destroy the red tribe in any physical challenges,definitely going to need some non physical/mental challenges..puzzles if we're not going to have a landslide.

Shirin I can only imagine is a seriously irritating player to be around,how is such a kooky individual a Yahoo executive??!!:eek: Max did'nt come across as an unpleasant person,eccentric and a Survivor geek!:D

Jenn is a very impressive player,no nonsense,clued in and very social.She performs well at challenges.She used her escape from the not to her taste chicken killing to locate the HII,plenty of smarts.Of course she is aesthetically pleasing to put it mildly.:) Mind you Sierra is very cute too!Not sure who was the clown who spelt her name Ciara at the first tribal!

G'wan Sierra, loved the shot of her concentrating during one of the challenges.

Season is quite hard to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Jenn is a serious threat. I like her more and more each week. Although I'm disappointed that neither she, Hali or Will approached Kelly for the swing vote earlier on. They kind of stumbled on to the answer when Carolyn approached them after losing the immunity challenge to drop the bomb that she actually despises her tribemates.

Not sad to see Max go. I'm with Hali on this one - warts are disgusting.

I liked Mike a little more in these latest episodes; he showed more intelligence than I originally thought him capable of. Mike should have taken Sierra aside himself instead of letting Dan fumble through that ridiculous attempt to woo her back. Dan is a complete idiot. He'll be carried along for his vote for a while before people realise that his stupidity is a liability.

I think we've yet to see what Tyler's got. Looking forward to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Oh Dan, in that single moment I learned more about how to talk to women than the rest of my life, just do the opposite to Dan Aidan thats the key

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

seligehgit wrote: »
    The boys all hung tough together in Blue Collar at the first tribal and Mike sends Kofi Annan himself Dan to repair the damage with Sierra,fine job Dan!He's talked to more girls than Mike....lol.I think that the alienation of Sierra exacerbated post the initial tribal will come back to bite the guys when she likely flips.
    Ha, that was the best bit of the ep, cant wait to see them lose and watch her flip and pick them off one by one. We might be waiting a while though, I have a feeling the other tribe is going on a losing streak from now to the merge.

Enjoyable episode,I can never fathom out why people decide to throw ICs.Absolutely idiotic,guaranteed to backfire.Instead of winning challenges and keeping the tribe strong/building alliances they opt to sow division in hope of eliminating a major threat.Rodney is a douchebag of epic proportions.Glad Joe was'nt voted out in spite of Rodney's not so clever masterplan,not the brightest spark.His expression post tribal was priceless.Terribly sad to see the shortest lived bromance come to an abrupt ending....lol.Mike did a terrible job at throwing the IC,his logic for throwing same...to keep Kelly safe for another few weeks on the other side until the merge next week.Beyond stupid.

Interesting to see Rodney labelling of the Texan christian celibate,hick from Maine.Seems to be compulsory to have a participant from Utah.Presuming the beautiful Sierra is of the Mormon faith?

• Advertisement

Rodney is a douche. He really should've been voted out. Although I was just happy it wasn't Joe leaving - he has been the easiest to root for throughout the season so far.

Never throw an IC, it's the stupidest thing you can do... Not to mention disrespectful to fans and other players alike...

Thankfully Joe is still there. Reminds me a bit of Malcolm a few years ago, hoping he wins. Would have been a shame if he got voted out cos of Rodney and Joaquin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Sierra looked amazing in Tribal.

evilivor wrote: »
    Sierra looked amazing in Tribal.

Back off, I called dibs!!

Seriously though, she is getting a decent edit, hope it pays off in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I liked Joaquin :( but yeah Joe is very Malcolm esque

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was great. :)

The problem for Jenn, Hali and Joe is that despite pulling off a great move, they still don't have the White collars onside. The white collars voted with the blues......so next week they have the exact same problem. Plus, Will flipped on them.

It doesn't look like you can have Will in your alliance at all. He just goes with whoever comes up to him every week. You might say, he has no Willpower. :P :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60,568 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Merica lol

Great Idol play.

Will is such a dick!

I'm usually a fan of the underdogs every season, so in a sense I like that Joe, Jen and Hali are bottom of the totem pole right now and hopefully they can turn it around and go to final three.

I've a newfound respect for Shireen, mostly for sticking with the No Collars, but also for her disdain of the Tribe name... Merica? Really? That's what your going with? Could you imagine an Irish version of Survivor and someone suggested calling the tribe Éire or something along those lines, they'd be laughed out of the camp...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I didn't really like Jen that much until that episode. I was seriously impressed with how she stayed on the pole having been stung. And it was nice to see that playing the idol paid off so much for her.

• Advertisement

I hate Will, ass voted for Hali. How could he? Thankfully saved by Jenn and a great idol play. Hope those two and Joe can go far, meh to the rest of them.

Advertisement