Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Worlds Apart (US) - [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Garbage merged tribe name, 'Gitanos' will always be my favourite along with their cool tribe flag created by the legend Bruce:
    kmAvo0m.jpg

Go Sierra, boo everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

God that episode reminded me of just why I love Survivor so much,absolute classic from the get go.Ah poor Rodney had his over inflated ego hurt..lol.

Merge episodes are intriguing,clueless Rodney goes around making alliances with just about everybody.He's a truly awful Survivor player.Loved Joe's facial expression when Hali queried if Rodney was smart!:D In spite of suitable physique for that wonderful timeless Survivor IC he underperformed.

Shirin definitely went up in my estimation,loved her critique of the appalling new tribal name Merica...redneck heaven for Mike,even Sarah Palin would'nt come up with that name!She stayed loyal to her tribe at tribal unlike the hopeless Will.Himself and Dan are handy votes to keep for a few tribals as they have'nt a hope of winning the game.As mentioned before Hali does'nt appear to be the brightest spark in the legal field,that speak re Merica and the American Constitution was cringeworthy.

Jenn was without doubt the star of the episode and has been a strong player from the start.She is very astute,social and good at RCs and ICs.TBH.Considering the rather anatomically sensitive bee sting she received she performed exceptionally well at the IC.Her lifeguard,no collar background will serve her well at water based ICs and the game in general.Can't believe Dan was such an ass when she advised him re his jellyfish sting.Nasty thought Dan urinating on himself.whatever about the boiled water.Totally forgot Jenn possessed the HII,classic play of same.The divulging by Mike of the breaking up of the bromance rationale for the Joquain vote off proved a crucial piece of information to Hali/Jenn.

Rooting for Jenn or Joe to win the game,shame the vote has'nt changed the game's dynamic as the White Collar tribe may now have swung permanently to the Blue Collar tribe.

Poor Sierra did'nt get much of an edit this week.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

seligehgit wrote: »
    Poor Sierra did'nt get much of an edit this week.:(

Speaking of Sierra, does anyone think she could potentially be swayed over to the No Collar side in coming weeks. If they could also pull Will or someone back on board for a vote or two, they'd have the numbers in their favour.

Speaking of Sierra, does anyone think she could potentially be swayed over to the No Collar side in coming weeks. If they could also pull Will or someone back on board for a vote or two, they'd have the numbers in their favour.

Defo think there is a possibility,she still detests Dan and most probably Rodney,it suits her to tag along with Blue Collar for the time being.Will is a bigger flip flopper than Mitt Romney!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

My god that merge name SUCKS !!! Worst ever.
    Really loving the season though, looking forward to getting my hand on some of the props :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I'm a fan of looking at Sierra but I'm not really sure what her game is. She keeps pretending to people that she's going to flip and then doesn't. I'm not sure if she bottles making the move as I'm not sure what the benefit is long term to tell people you're going to go along with with them and not following through.

Once again I can't fathom how Hali got into law school. She will be missed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Once again I can't fathom how Hali got into law school.

People lie on their survivor applications all the time. For example I might call my self a law student and when somebody asks me I say, "Sure, I'm a student of the law. I read about lawsuits all the time and watch Law and Order!". Boom.....law student. :P Ultimately all you need is money to attend college anyway. Even if it was true, it's not like she would ever be a lawyer.

As I said, It was clear from day 1 that she was beyond stupid.

Well if one of the Joe-Jen-Hali trio had to go this week, I'm glad it was Hali and not one of the others.

The promos annoy me sometimes - they would never give someone who leaves the competition by choice so much screentime up until this point, so it's just a massive red herring.

Rodney and Dan are horrible human beings. Say what you want about Mike, but at least he's playing the game and not just and A-hole like those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Damn, I liked Hali. Liked looking at her

I was really hoping Tyler,Sierra... would flip. Some really vile human beings on the blue collar tribe... The sooner Dan and Rodney get their comeuppance the better.
    Looks likely Joe will have to continue to excel at the ICs to stay in the game.Bit crazy that he didn't bother looking for the HII when Mike turned the heat up.Yeah whatever one's opinion on Mike,he's playing a hardball game.
    Absolutely mindboggling that Hali is a law student!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Can't see both Joe and Jenn making it much further into the game unfortunately which means I might struggle to stick with it myself.

It may be early days but I can't think of anyone on the minority side that I'd like to see win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I just watched Hali at Ponderosa and according to her she has been "working her butt off in law school for the last two years", and she fully expected to be on the White Collar tribe. That she was on No Collar came as a huge surprise to her. She also thinks that Shirin flipped on them, that Sierra was with them for the all-girls alliance and that Will is still her BFF. Definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed, but after watching her Ponderosa vid I have to say she's one of the sweetest contestants I've seen on Survivor. Dim, but really, really sweet.

I actually thought for a minute during this episode that they would succeed in getting Dan out. Dan is seriously in contention for my Most Hated Survivor Award at the moment. He has absolutely zero redeeming qualities that I've seen on screen.

As soon as Joe misses an IC, he's gone. No matter who you can swing to your side for numbers, nobody can deny that he's a massive threat. You'd have to be stupid now to pass up an opportunity to get him out ASAP.

Jaxxy wrote: »
    I just watched Hali at Ponderosa and according to her she has been "working her butt off in law school for the last two years", and she fully expected to be on the White Collar tribe. That she was on No Collar came as a huge surprise to her. She also thinks that Shirin flipped on them, that Sierra was with them for the all-girls alliance and that Will is still her BFF. Definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed, but after watching her Ponderosa vid I have to say she's one of the sweetest contestants I've seen on Survivor. Dim, but really, really sweet.

I actually thought for a minute during this episode that they would succeed in getting Dan out. Dan is seriously in contention for my Most Hated Survivor Award at the moment. He has absolutely zero redeeming qualities that I've seen on screen.

As soon as Joe misses an IC, he's gone. No matter who you can swing to your side for numbers, nobody can deny that he's a massive threat. You'd have to be stupid now to pass up an opportunity to get him out ASAP.

With the exception of Tyler, Jenn and Joe himself most of them strike me as stupid, therefore Joe may be in with a chance even if he did lose an IC.

With the exception of Tyler, Jenn and Joe himself most of them strike me as stupid, therefore Joe may be in with a chance even if he did lose an IC.

True enough, that's a good point. Personally I hope Joe makes it further, along with Jenn, as I'm finding it difficult to see myself rooting for any of the others to the same degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Kirby wrote: »
    Even if it was true, it's not like she would ever be a lawyer.

She attends Hastings College of the Law, in San Francisco. It's an average quality law school, respectable enough. Not great, but far from the worst. It means she had to graduate from a decent 4-year university first, probably with at least a B+ GPA and slightly above average LSAT admission scores.

That would put her on a trajectory to most likely be able to pass the bar and become an attorney, but most likely not get offers at prestigious, high-paying firms. She mentioned wanting to do criminal defense. Well, being a public defender is a pretty easy job to get if you pass the bar and are willing to work for not very much money, so that's a perfectly realistic goal for a mediocre law student who is not super career oriented.

She can't be too dumb, academically, she just doesn't seem to take things too seriously and is perhaps a bit young and naive. She has kind of a dumb-looking face, I'll give you that, but I don't find it hard to believe that she's a legitimate law student.

Am I the only one pissed off with the amount of superfan references this season and how badly the superfans are playing?

I personally consider myself a superfan but I won't bore you with the details unless anyone actually wishes to know.

Why keep blabbing on about how much you love the game and how you know who voted for who in season 1 and what star sign they are and how many times they took a sh1t in their season etc ?! You come across as crazy and weird and will get your ass voted off. I cringed when Shirin was like "SUPERFAN" being her reason to go on the reward.

In real life they can talk about being a fan all day long but surely they realise in survivor they have to tone it down.

Can't believe Hali is gone but oh well, she is definitely more intelligent than she looks lol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Cant understand Will's decision to go with the blue's?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

kingtut wrote: »
    I personally consider myself a superfan but I won't bore you with the details unless anyone actually wishes to know.
    Ive wanted to know your story for years now :D

How much memorabilia do you have now? Arent you in contact with a load of players? Im Facebook friends with a lot of the interesting/sexy ones but rarely communicate with any of them, they're funny to follow on Twitter sometimes aswell but they do post an awful lot of endorsement cosmetics/spa/restaurant crap. Need to clean up my social media into groups because my real friends are always asking who all those Americans are.

I always enjoy hearing your superfan stories and I think you should share with the whole class. Might even inspire some people to play some ORGs... ;)

Are you still playing the ORGs by the way? Its been a long time since I stopped, but I really enjoyed them back when I did take part - unfortunately real life got in the way. Would love to come back and win one - still pissed I lost by one vote in JookBox Island because of a super bitter jury, especially since afterwards all the people who voted against me said I should've one it because my game was flawless and they were just hurt that I blindsided them. Grrr. :mad:
    /rantover :D

Feeling very disappointed after this week's episode... Who are we supposed to root for now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,568 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There really is no stand out player at all.

No underdog, villain or standout game player who you can root for or hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Shame Joe's gone and Jenn's given up.

Kind of starting to like Shirin after this episode though.

Also, as disappointing as Joe going out is, that episode had Will's slide and Rodney's excellent impersonations of Mike. Was hilarious.

0d9e7d913dd74ca5a571cc08b0b11e6b_r.gif

titan18 wrote: »
    Also, as disappointing as Joe going out is, that episode had Will's slide and Rodney's excellent impersonations of Mike. Was hilarious.

Completely agreed. Despite the result, this was one of the most entertaining eps I've seen in a while. Sad to see Joe go, he was such a genuinely nice guy, and a total beast in challenges. Also, that fake idol he rustled up was quite impressive, and undoubtedly would have fooled a lot of players in the past. It was a hell of a lot better than Ozzy's "stick with an eye" idol from Micronesia, anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Mediocre enough season, bottom 5 at the moment.

Shirin will make the final 3, she's quite sane actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Mediocre enough season, bottom 5 at the moment.

Shirin will make the final 3, she's quite sane actually.
    Agreed with it being somewhat mediocre. So far I don't see much of a difference between this season and last years BvW2 which everyone trashed.

I guess I can still hope that Jenns call to go home is all a big act which will work in her favour. I do like her a lot I have to say.

titan18 wrote: »
    Shame Joe's gone and Jenn's given up.

Kind of starting to like Shirin after this episode though.

0d9e7d913dd74ca5a571cc08b0b11e6b_r.gif

Yeah real shame Joe was voted,gutted Jenn did'nt manage to win the IC.Bit disappointed she seems to have given up,expected more.Probably resigned to her fate,like Shireen.

It will only get interesting when the core blue tribe have to make some tough decisions and cannibalise each other.Rodney went well up in my estimation with his Mike impersonations,well not really.He really dislikes him despite their mutual need of each other at the present time.Expecting a blindside of Mike or Rodney instigated by one or other.

Not so downs on this season,there have been far worse seasons than this one.

Thargor wrote: »
    Ive wanted to know your story for years now :D

How much memorabilia do you have now? Arent you in contact with a load of players? Im Facebook friends with a lot of the interesting/sexy ones but rarely communicate with any of them, they're funny to follow on Twitter sometimes aswell but they do post an awful lot of endorsement cosmetics/spa/restaurant crap. Need to clean up my social media into groups because my real friends are always asking who all those Americans are.
    I always enjoy hearing your superfan stories and I think you should share with the whole class. Might even inspire some people to play some ORGs... ;)

Are you still playing the ORGs by the way? Its been a long time since I stopped, but I really enjoyed them back when I did take part - unfortunately real life got in the way. Would love to come back and win one - still pissed I lost by one vote in JookBox Island because of a super bitter jury, especially since afterwards all the people who voted against me said I should've one it because my game was flawless and they were just hurt that I blindsided them. Grrr. :mad:
    /rantover :D

Hiya sorry for taking so long to respond to this!
    I have far too much memorabilia to count however a few of the 'cool' items I have are:

Parvati's bikini from fans vs. favourites, a piranha from the amazon and the giant dummy from Nicaragua that was filled with sand and carried during a challenge. The list goes on (easily 100+ items).

I don't play much ORGs now as they take up too much of my time and if I can't play 100% I prefer not to play at all.

I am in touch with a lot of the past conestants although lately I have been a bit quiet. Got lots of stuff through them (both for my personal collection and to give away as prizes when I was running my own ORGs).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are you like those people on SurvivorSucks who talk to Probst and Mark Burnett and flown out for focus groups etc or do you do all that over Facebook and Twitter?

Thargor wrote: »
    Are you like those people on SurvivorSucks who talk to Probst and Mark Burnett and flown out for focus groups etc or do you do all that over Facebook and Twitter?

I can't say I am. I have never attempted to contact Probst or Burnett and I don't intend on ever trying to, I am much more interested in chatting to the actual contestants.

All my survivor contact is through facebook and the memorabilia I have I got through ebay, private auctions and direct from contestants.

• Advertisement

I don't play much ORGs now as they take up too much of my time and if I can't play 100% I prefer not to play at all.

I think at some point you and I should enter the same ORG indepently of each other and then anahilate the competition... #DreamTeam :D

Advertisement