Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Worlds Apart (US) - [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'd barely recognise Ciera from that headshot. I assume she's nailed on for a return along with most of the contestants I'm looking forward to seeing again.

There's a lot of recency bias with my picks given I've seen very little of seasons 2 to 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

S.M.B. wrote: »
    There's a lot of recency bias with my picks given I've seen very little of seasons 2 to 22.

But, but... That includes all the best seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Still not sure who to vote for however I know Max won't be one of them, he sucked this Season and as a fellow "super fan" he was embarrassing. Really hope he does not return.

Despite what Jeff says
    I really think the fact that two of the people you can vote for are still eligible to win the show is a clear sign that they don't win and that he just f&cked up completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

An excellent episode, 2 hour finale next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,568 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was a great trible.

Loved seeing it backfire on Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Question for Kingtut or anyone else, do you know anywhere to get Survivor buffs to Ireland besides the €40-50 ones from Oz that I see on Ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

oleras wrote: »
    An excellent episode, 2 hour finale next week.

Can't concur highly enough,quality.

Never was I hoping so badly that somebody would'nt win a reward..Sheer joy!

Mike's game continues to tend towards the sublime..sincerely hope he wins the million bucks in spite of all the obstacles he faces and
    of that possibly stupid spoiler referring to the players choices available to vote for next season's second chance player theme.

Tribal was epic with Dan using his advantage and the playing of the HII.The vote out was sweet.

Mike and Carolyn are now on the outs.

It's hard to know if the playing of Dans advantage was the trigger for Mama C to play her HII. I got the sense that it was but we'll have to wait and see. It would be all the more sweeter if this was the case.

However, in hindsight, I do feel like he should have been able to play it after the HII as it dramatically effected the strength of the advantage.

Great episode, even if most of the remaining castaways are truly despicable.

I was so happy that Rodney didn't get the reward. Was that the last reward of the season? Regardless, I hope he gets no reward and if he goes to the final 3 hopefully gets no votes for him to win either...

S.M.B. wrote: »
    It's hard to know if the playing of Dans advantage was the trigger for Mama C to play her HII.
    Exactly what I was thinking aswell watching it, great TC anyway. Rodney really is a detestable little child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Rodney is a idiot, only one I want to see win is Mike and their is a lot that needs to happen for this to be a reality sadly :(:mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

This could be one of those years where the winner is just the person who is disliked less. So probably Sierra if Mike doesn't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hyzepher wrote: »
    This could be one of those years where the winner is just the person who is disliked less. So probably Sierra if Mike doesn't make it.

If Sierra makes it to the final 3 minus Mike she's a likely winner. Would be a shame as she has done very little to merit a win and has simply been a follower.

Thargor wrote: »
    Question for Kingtut or anyone else, do you know anywhere to get Survivor buffs to Ireland besides the €40-50 ones from Oz that I see on Ebay?

Hi Thargor, I'm assuming it is okay to post links here (and I am not affiliated with any of them) but the places I know of (and have used are)

1) Ebay (multiple sellers - I have a list of saved sellers and I also search every day)

2) http://www.planetbuff.com/cbs-survivor-buff.html

3) http://www.cbsstore.com/buffs/index.php?v=cbs-survivor-buffs (looks like they currently give 20% off when you use SURVIVOR20 but it's probably only until the final airs ... not 100% sure)

While I have a large buff collection I have not been collecting the recent ones (I intend to though just haven't bothered).

If you fancy it maybe we could make a bulk purchase? Might help reduce costs, if not no worries :)

Also it is usually cheaper to buy buffs as a set of 4 (as in the ones for an entire season in the case of 3 tribes and a merge buff) that individually.

Just had a nice chat with Dan, he's freaking awesome and has invited me to visit him when I am in the U.S. next.

Also he said he hopes to visit Ireland at some stage which is cool!

As far as I am aware no Survivor has ever visited Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Delighted with Mike's win. It wouldn't have been the worst to see Carolyn take it, which I actually feared when the jury seemed a mix of a bitter / not fussed.

Some serious heat on Dan and Will at the reunion. Dan clearly made it worse for himself by attacking the show. One thing I took from the raw footage (from even the limited clip) was the number of crew that are actually at camp. I would have though there would be far less.

Turned out the conspiracy theorists were wrong about the people from this season not making the final tribal. The viewers vote was a mixed bag (though that might be me being grumpy due to the lack of Mikayla and the redemption island girls :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Well done Mike, best player won hands down.

Great jury showings from Shirin and Jenn, 'dead fish' an apt anthropomorphism if ever there was one.

Kudos to Dan for my favourite moment from a poor season.
    ccEn9EL.gif
    Very happy with the cast for the upcoming season, bit sad that Stephanie V and T Bird didn't make it, fine lookin' women altogether.
    nUHwVpj.png

Well that was one of the best Survivor finales and Reunion shows in a very long time. Delighted for Mike - once Joe was voted out, Mike was the one who clearly deserved the win.

Gutted that Shane Powers wasn't picked for next season and Stephanie Valencia has been an unsung favourite of mine since her season, but damn that is a solid cast. I can already sense it's going to be epic. Would be great to see a Joe, Spencer, Stephen alliance, but it's impossible to decide who I'd like to win from the 20 going back - they're all awesome in their own right...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,568 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The right person won and won it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Great finale despite it being a bit of a mixed bag of a season. So many thoroughly dislikeable characters, but delighted Mike won in the end. I cannot wait for next season. Loving that line up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

OMG leave Dan alone hes already dead :eek:
    Fair play to Mike, worthy winner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Quite an unlikeable cast this season. The finale was quality though.

I was rooting for Mike. He made a ton of mistakes socially and strategically but he played hard and if you win immunity under that much pressure everytime, you clearly want it more than everyone else. 1500000% you might say. :p

Regarding Dan, when you agree to go on a show, you know you will get taken out of context. Thats a given going in so you can't bitch about it later. You dont have editorial control, they can show what they want.

And ultimately, Dan did say those things. Nobody forced him to say them. He made a mistake by trying to explain it away so vociferously. You claim it's a joke, recognise it was in poor taste and apologise....and leave it there. Attacking the show was a big mistake.

The new cast looks decent but I'm annoyed that Shirin is coming back. What exactly did she do on this season to deserve a second chance? They only thing she achieved was irritating the entire island. A nothing player, and is only there due to pity votes. I can't stand selfpity and she oozes it.

Kirby wrote: »
    Regarding Dan, when you agree to go on a show, you know you will get taken out of context. Thats a given going in so you can't bitch about it later. You dont have editorial control, they can show what they want.

And ultimately, Dan did say those things. Nobody forced him to say them. He made a mistake by trying to explain it away so vociferously. You claim it's a joke, recognise it was in poor taste and apologise....and leave it there. Attacking the show was a big mistake.

A massive mistake. Nobody goes up against Survivor and comes out the better for it. The things he said may have been taken out of context, but regardless, he did say them. Personally, I found him absolutely loathsome, and without a single redeemable quality. If he does actually have any, it wasn't apparent, nor was it shown.
    The new cast looks decent but I'm annoyed that Shirin is coming back. What exactly did she do on this season to deserve a second chance? They only thing she achieved was irritating the entire island. A nothing player, and is only there due to pity votes. I can't stand selfpity and she oozes it.

I don't know, a small, evil part of me might delight in seeing her go up against the likes of Abi Maria. Imagine. :D

I usually watch the episodes the day after they air (so I don't have to sit through the ads) so I saw it last night.

So glad that Mike won!

Very surprised at a few of the people who got picked for a second chance (Woo, Kass, Spencer, Keith), would have loved it if Natalie and Stephanie had got on!

Not sure if I like Abi being back, good eye candy but annoying/moany as fcuk!

Foxtrol wrote: »
    One thing I took from the raw footage (from even the limited clip) was the number of crew that are actually at camp. I would have though there would be far less.

At a challenge there is usually up to 100 people in the background and at camp around 30 (drops to 2/3 at night)

kingtut wrote: »
    Very surprised at a few of the people who got picked for a second chance (Woo, Kass, Spencer, Keith), would have loved it if Natalie and Stephanie had got on!

Spencer and Kass I'm not really surprised about, Spencer because he was actually quite an interesting character and potentially a decent player, and Kass because Survivor fans in general love a good villain and she doesn't seem to have any qualms about doing exactly what she wants. Woo and Keith though? Don't get that at all. Woo is a nice guy, no doubt, but all he really brought to his season was some "ninja" shenanigans, and all Keith did was spit and spout some Southern idioms. Neither of them played the game at all and they'll just be an extra vote for the smarter players to pull in and use.

What I find interesting is that there are a lot of players there from the same seasons, know each other and their personalities/play styles well, and I wonder if there are already some natural alliances there.
    kingtut wrote: »
    At a challenge there is usually up to 100 people in the background and at camp around 30 (drops to 2/3 at night)

That's insane, I never realised there were so much crew around them. Are they under strict orders not to speak to or engage with the contestants? I honestly don't know how some of those camera operators don't crack up at the stuff they come out with.

It'll be interesting to see if Woo learns anything from his last period. Plenty of current greats didn't set the survivor world alight with their first attempt at the game. He surely couldn't make the same mistake again.

And I think Keith came into his own deep in his first attempt and I'd like to see if his game changes too.

Can't see how you would lump Spencer into that group.

Some of these 'lesser' players probably have the best change of making it to the end. The big players will be gunning for each other from the offset leaving the door open for 1 or 2 minor threats to make it deep into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fun finale... Probst really threw Dan under the bus though, even though he probably deserved it.

Next season has all the makings of a classic.

Only got to see this last night, successfully avoided spoilers.

Brilliant finish to a good season, it even had a firemaking challenge, someone to root for in Mike, spoiled little dickheads like Rodney to laugh at, best of all was Dan getting what he deserved though, who would have predicted Probst would whip out the raw footage like that? It was especially sweet because he really was a horribly fake person, I hated the smugness from day one, you could tell he wanted to be seen as a Survivor guru with all his lame analysis and he ended up being totally mediocre, useless in challenges, pissed away one of the biggest advantages in Survivor history and then called out and humiliated live on stage by Jeff.

Next season looking great, so glad to see Kass and Spencer back. Have to say though, Jeff was bringing woman after woman up on stage and introducing them as survivor legends and I had no recollection of who they were whatsoever, might have to tear through a couple of previous seasons in the off Season or recaps on Youtube.

See you in September :D

• Advertisement

Interesting to hear that Rodneys edit was a little misleading. Apparently he's a lot smarter than he was made out to be and realistically was Mike's main competition when it came down to the final five. The keeping Mamma C decision makes a lot more sense now.

I think we'll see him back playing the game sometime down the line.

Advertisement