Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Arma III Players?

• 22-01-2015 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Looking for some people to play with on Arma III new to the game and none of my friends have it :P What are some good servers, mods etc?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Breaking Point for PVP

Good place to start if your into PVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Wasteland is another good one.
    Its a mission file so the server provides everything you need.

Spawn, find guns, kill, acquire currency, get bigger guns, kill more, get vehicles, die, spawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Try 77th jsoc, extremely well organized, pve. Hard to log on at peak times as its a 50 MSN server

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

The Epoch mod with the Terrain packs is very good. Better than Breaking Point IMO much like the Arma 2 DayZ mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Some of us play it on Gaellords. Just hop on the gaellords.com teamspeak server. I don't play it at the moment but arma is like that, you find a really good mission or mod that you like and play it to death, take a break for several months and then some new mission is in fashion. Definitely a great value for money game. The Make Arma not War competition is nearly over which I think should result in some good mods.

• Advertisement

Just like that, back playing Arma 3 Wasteland on Chernaurus last night. The Sa-Matra guys have put together a launcher for downloading the maps that they use: http://wasteland.arma.su/ Be warned that if you have previously downloaded the All-in-Arma map pack that it will conflict with their version of it so move that out of your arma 3 folder beforehand. The mission is good, plenty of action and the map pack also contains pantera and some other maps i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Some of us play it on Gaellords. Just hop on the gaellords.com teamspeak server. I don't play it at the moment but arma is like that, you find a really good mission or mod that you like and play it to death, take a break for several months and then some new mission is in fashion. Definitely a great value for money game. The Make Arma not War competition is nearly over which I think should result in some good mods.

Exactly what I'm like done it with ARMA II and stopped playing ARMA III for a few months after getting my PS4 but I'm installing it again today to play that Breaking Point mod looks amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Try 77th jsoc, extremely well organized, pve. Hard to log on at peak times as its a 50 MSN server

Ha was going to post same hell I probably played on there with you. Is co op invade and annex mission.

Lil trick john on the server list Join, select server eu one or two and spam enter key.
    I usually go on my phone While hitting it. Never more than 3 min.

Also sos tactical gaming server. Hardcore 3rd perso. Maybe after you have hang of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Downloading epoch and the Allin terrain pack with playwithsix also,very big downloads averaging 1.2mb/s so taking awhile but ill just have to grab massi's weapon mod then ill be good to go on epoch.

Also was planning to just copy paste Allin terrain pack to breaking point mod folder and also the CCG launcher mod folder,they now have overpoch on a few maps on the ccg launcher,but the mods dont seem to be interchangable with the different launchers:(

Looks like to play overpoch,breaking point and epoch ill have to download the mods for each launcher. Allin terrain for example is about 7.5gb and ill need that 3 times for each launcher:(

Is there a better way to do this than the way im doing it?

EDIT: Got it all downloaded anyway. The odd server throws up an error and wont connect but for now going to just play on the ones i can till im bothered to sort it all fully.
    Wow though,cherno looks great in the Arma 3 engine. Decided to stick with the GTX gaming uk server,good ping and there was a few people on. Within 3 mins of spawning found a black orca,jumped in a had an aerial sightseeing tour of cherno:D Have a little bit of gear but hopefully the chopper will make it a bit easier to get a bit more,been attacked by a hooded priest/cleric and armless exploding zombies so far as well:)

EoinHef wrote: »

Looks like to play overpoch,breaking point and epoch ill have to download the mods for each launcher. Allin terrain for example is about 7.5gb and ill need that 3 times for each launcher:(

Is there a better way to do this than the way im doing it?

WSlauncher for Sa-Matra Wasteland has yet another version of the All in Arma terrain packs. The WS Launcher version wused to be even worse because they used the same folder name as standard AiA so it would conflict. They changed that with the latest update though and reduced the download size by 2GB.

The WS Launcher gives you easy access to Wasteland Cherno, Altis and Stratis and also their version of King of the Hill. They are adding the RHS addon soon which looks like an interesting mod: http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/DT5ghVA5GT#.VNM7Ky6fYok

• Advertisement

Its really a pain in the a**,downloaded about 8 mods from play with six and a few for ccg launcher and i hit about 30gb of mods with that alone! Still have to get breaking point again as well,launcher wouldnt update as its bee ages since i played it so decided to start fresh. The annoying thing is i bet the only difference between the mods for each launcher is the server keys,they all want you to use there launchers:(
    Im not gonna whinge about it after this though as all this content is free and a lot of it is awesome its not like HDD's are that expensive these days,its just inconvinient,first world problem:pac:
    Playing DUWS on cherno was worth the hassle though:)

Have to say i really enjoyed sa-matra king of the hill. Especially when they introduced night time maps into the rotation. Are bases going to be in there version of wasteland? Last i heard they werent,which is a bad thing imo as it brings a bit of focus to the mode for me.

Went a bit mad and downloaded a good few mods last night,highlight being terrain pack,jsrs + cba,blastcore effects and the massi russain nato armies pack. Was on the editior for about 4 hrs just playing around with it all,was great fun. Jsrs is fantastic,especially for the pistols which didnt sound great imo.

Other mods i was looking at were english army chopper pack and the spanish army pack is supposed to be great as well. Might even try create my own mission in the editor for the laugh

In my day we had one launcher and one mod......

lol

easiest way around is to use symbolic links to one repository but that can be a pain to manage if you dont keep updating the symbolic links.

ie AIA is same folder but linked to 4 different launchers.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In my day we had one launcher and one mod......

lol

easiest way around is to use symbolic links to one repository but that can be a pain to manage if you dont keep updating the symbolic links.

ie AIA is same folder but linked to 4 different launchers.

Id agree a common mod folder would be the way to go but i dont think you understand the problem. Each launcher is using a different set of server keys for each pack

ie AiA downloaded from playwithsix will not work with CCG servers. Its rejected for having the wrong server key. The only way to get a compatible version of AiA for the CCG servers is by downloading it from them through there launcher. Meaning each launcher needs its own version of the same mod,and at 7.5gb's its hardly a small download.

Ive looked around and asked here but ive yet to find away around that problem

If the keys are different then the maps are different, it could be as simple as a house in Cherno thats not on the one of the other mods maps.

Then you have no choice but to have 4 versions of the same mod.

Yup, they all use their own slightly different version which is a bit nuts. Sa-matra wasteland doesn't support base building or any sort of persistence at all which is annoying for some but I like the casual nature of it since the PvP action tends to be fair and balanced most of the time. It's really quick to get into the action too as Chernarus is just the right size and there are enough missions to centralise players.

I agree about JSRS (or dragonfyre as I think it's called now) the latest version is awesome but sadly not supported in Sa-matra yet.

Yeah i was just surprised at how many times the same mod was required,again just a minor inconvenience. Made a bit of room and have a bit of space to spare now.

I never really liked jsrs for arma 2,there was something about the land vehicle sounds that didnt work for me. Really liking how it sounds with arma 3 engine though.

The massi nato and russian forces pack is great as well. The textures on the choppers hold up very well in the arma 3 engine.

Currently downloading a C-130J from armaholic,going to try fly it from balota to NW and see if i can land it:pac:

Cherno really looks good at night time in sa-matra wasteland,the way arma 3 does night time gives these maps a whole new lease of life imo,if they can recreate the effects for the other maps in AiA the amount of maps that will be playable is crazy....all for free:eek:

337905.png

337906.png

Advertisement