Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC ON FOX 14 GUS V RUMBLE

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Just rewatched Rumble's match against Josh Koscheck. Strange to think he lost to Koscheck but is now going to fight Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Nothing would make me happier than seeing AJ knock Jones out cold and seeing Jones head bounce off the canvas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Very interesting statement from Rumble as well.

"I heard his corner say ‘front push kick', and I'm a kickboxer, so I heard it and I know what I do whenever somebody does something like that, I know how to counter it. It was just perfect timing. When they said ‘front push kick', I was like, alright, go ahead. And boom."
    Wait, would they not speak Swedish though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha great point! To wiki, to see if Rumble can speak Swedish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

You have to be up early in the morning to catch this fella out. Good spot. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

He trains out of Alliance aswell though, Could have been one of there coaches?

TimRiggins wrote: »
    He trains out of Alliance aswell though, Could have been one of there coaches?
    Does anyone have a video of the fight with good quality audio? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Amirkhani is hilarious, the thing in the post fight presser about the flying bed he'll buy his mam was gas!

Did anyone else notice how terrible the cameraman was for the post fight press conference? The camera would be on one side of the panel, then a question would move to someone on the opposite side and the question was almost answered by the time the cameraman had moved across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just watched the full fight and conferences this morning.

Gus and Johnson seem incredibly down to earth, humble rumble especially. Gus congratulating him after the fight, the comments about Jones' tweet and the respect they had for each other was good to see.

Hope he destroys Jones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Think Rumble might be the new people's champ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Amirkhani speaking on the MMA hour soon

Edit: Told Ariel his parents must have washed a lot of clothes that they gave him that name :D:D

Anyone see the new headbut theory doing the rounds?

Anyone see the new headbut theory doing the rounds?

I've had a look at all the angles, looks like it was a bit of damage from both but the right hand landed first. Nobody knows how much effect the headbutt really had I guess but Gus was quick to play it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've had a look at all the angles, looks like it was a bit of damage from both but the right hand landed first. Nobody knows how much effect the headbutt really had I guess but Gus was quick to play it down.

This angle here shows it was the right that did the damage IMO, but hard to say what effect the headbutt really had

GlisteningThatIndianglassfish.gif

The right hand definitely landed first and did more damage imo, the headbutt definitely caught him though (that angle doesn't really show it). We don't know what would have happened but my guess is that Gus would have been in trouble with or without the headbutt.

Hm, what usually happens after a headbutt though? It's been a long time since I remember one but doesn't the ref usually stop the action similar to eye poke or groin kick? Even if it didnt do any real damage wouldn't he still have been entitled to a break according to the rules?

I guess only Gus can really say how much damage it did and he mightn't even remember it properly after all those shots he took

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 wardiaz

People are predicting an easy win for jones for rumble like he done to glover and beat him at his own game,I personally think if DC could land on jones then Rumble will,he has great take down defence too the davis fight was a master class,never count jones out but im with rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I can no longer pick against Bones Jones. I thought DC would grind out a win and was wrong. Every time Jones fights he looks better and better. He is some talent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

wardiaz wrote: »
    People are predicting an easy win for jones for rumble like he done to glover and beat him at his own game,I personally think if DC could land on jones then Rumble will,he has great take down defence too the davis fight was a master class,never count jones out but im with rumble.
    he ****ed up Govers arm in the first round to neutralize that threat

Advertisement