Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power problem... Help please...

Options
  • 22-01-2015 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Ok well I won a bet on paddy power and attempted to withdraw it. I was prompted that I need to be verified first. Upon trying to verify my account I was told I had broken one of the their terms and conditions because of a tiny irrelevant discrepancy. I lost 125 euro in free bets (livid is an understatement) and that my account would be locked. However my cash winnings would be returned to my paypal. Numerous attempts at this over a couple of days from the live chat and phone line help people resulted in me still not having my money. I was informed the 'payments team' would sort it out. They emailed me saying it was bouncing and paypal were not accepting it. So I rang paypal and they said that my account was 100 percent set up to receive payments and there was no reason why my account shouldn't be getting the money. A couple more times of ringing paddy power, ringing paypal followed until I finally got a decent person on the paddy power phone line who set up a new account in accordance with her manager for my funds to be transferred over into and so I could access my account and withdraw through a different means. To withdraw it however I had to verify this account... I know! While verifying this account with the live help people I was told by a manager that this wasn't the right thing to do and the funds would be transferred back to my old, locked, apparently broken account as they could only sent me money through the payment system I set up with. I was not told at all how long it would take to resolve this issue or if it was even resolvable! This problem is clearly not my fault and I am the one who not getting my money. I was told it'd be 'told about any updates'! These updates could be weeks, months away. Are they withholding my money form me? Is there anything I can do? I know 50 euro isn't a huge sum of money but being and 18 year old student it is big enough for me. It's also mainly out of principle that I want it back as they have already taken 125 euro in free bets away from me so I'm not giving this up without a fight. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if you got to the end of this you're a champ in my books. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Seanb96cbc wrote: »
    Ok well I won a bet on paddy power and attempted to withdraw it. I was prompted that I need to be verified first. Upon trying to verify my account I was told I had broken one of the their terms and conditions because of a tiny irrelevant discrepancy. I lost 125 euro in free bets (livid is an understatement) and that my account would be locked. However my cash winnings would be returned to my paypal. Numerous attempts at this over a couple of days from the live chat and phone line help people resulted in me still not having my money. I was informed the 'payments team' would sort it out. They emailed me saying it was bouncing and paypal were not accepting it. So I rang paypal and they said that my account was 100 percent set up to receive payments and there was no reason why my account shouldn't be getting the money. A couple more times of ringing paddy power, ringing paypal followed until I finally got a decent person on the paddy power phone line who set up a new account in accordance with her manager for my funds to be transferred over into and so I could access my account and withdraw through a different means. To withdraw it however I had to verify this account... I know! While verifying this account with the live help people I was told by a manager that this wasn't the right thing to do and the funds would be transferred back to my old, locked, apparently broken account as they could only sent me money through the payment system I set up with. I was not told at all how long it would take to resolve this issue or if it was even resolvable! This problem is clearly not my fault and I am the one who not getting my money. I was told it'd be 'told about any updates'! These updates could be weeks, months away. Are they withholding my money form me? Is there anything I can do? I know 50 euro isn't a huge sum of money but being and 18 year old student it is big enough for me. It's also mainly out of principle that I want it back as they have already taken 125 euro in free bets away from me so I'm not giving this up without a fight. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if you got to the end of this you're a champ in my books. Thanks in advance

Google IBAS The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) acts as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between betting/gambling operators and their customers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Seanb96cbc

Google IBAS The Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS) acts as an impartial adjudicator on disputes that arise between betting/gambling operators and their customers
    Ill try that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Seanb96cbc wrote: »
    Ill try that thanks

What was the tiny discrepancy?

Advertisement