Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How safe is Hogan Place? Dubin City

Options
  • 22-01-2015 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all,
    I've just viewed a room on Hogan Place near Holles Street. I am not familiar at all with the area and it would be great if I could get some advice from those with experience of the area.

Is this a safe street? I have been talking to someone that says the area around Holles street is unsafe and that I shouldn't live on Hogan Place.

Advice is urgently needed! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Very quiet area. The only thing is Pearse street is down the road and many would consider that to be a rough area. Maybe that is why your friend said steer clear?

But yeah I have never seen any trouble around that area and its very central so good location!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Go for it. In the past, the area didn't have a very good reputation. There is some social housing nearby and there would have been some problems with anti social behaviour. However, the area has come on in leaps and bounds since then. With Grand Canal Dock and all of its offices, apartments, shops, bars etc etc so near, it's a much nicer & safer area to live in, than it used to be. It is very close to town, so it is a really great location.

That being said, it is still inner city Dublin. Taking basic precautions & applying commons sense to living in an urban environment would still apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BommyTurke

This is great feedback please keep it coming. The more perspectives I get on this the better! It's really helping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I work near and I used to go to evening classes too. It's fine. You'll have inner city kids in social housing around Pearse St but they are not a threat. Pearse St itself may have some drunks out at closing time as is normal in town.
    Very handy location.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

BommyTurke wrote: »
    This is great feedback please keep it coming. The more perspectives I get on this the better! It's really helping!

I lived around the corner from Hogan Place for a couple of years, very quiet area, very handy for the city centre

Never saw anything untoward in the area or felt it was in any way unsafe, the area has undergone a lot of regeneration in recent years so whilst there may have been trouble with council accomodation in the past it seems to be kept in good condiation these days and the residents reflect that

It is a nice area all in all and there are some good facilities in the area also, I wouldn't have any concerns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 BommyTurke

Thanks everyone you've really helped me decide to take the room afterall! :-) A happy ending!

Advertisement