Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vintage Nintendo cost

• 22-01-2015 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭

I've been looking/following items on fleabay for the last while & I'm amazed by how much original & super Nintendo make, compared to say a mega drive. Why the premium?
    Even looking at game gears vs gameboys, again the Nintendo have what I see as premium.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

frasr wrote: »
    I've been looking/following items on fleabay for the last while & I'm amazed by how much original & super Nintendo make, compared to say a mega drive. Why the premium?
    Even looking at game gears vs gameboys, again the Nintendo have what I see as premium.

It's the more popular system, especially in the states. More demand = a higher premium.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The Arcade and Retro Marketplace i a good place to find a good deal on such classic systems.
    You can avoid the kind of stupid inflation of prices you see elsewhere.
    A Megadrive, a Gameboy and a SNES with a couple of classics each shouldn't be too pricey at all, same as a regular priced modern game each.
    Sonic, Supermario World and Tetris and you're laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Ooh, a Megadrice, I could sure go for one of them right about now!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=drice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Snes games are more popular, but one thing which also adds to their value (if they're in good condition) is the fact that the boxes are cardboard. It's far harder to keep a classic Nintendo game in original perfect condition than a Sega one.

Saying that, not all Megadrive games are cheap. Ebay the prices on some of these complete in box and prepare to be blown away by the insanity;

Eliminate Down (JP)
    Gleylancer (JP)
    Pulseman (JP)
    Death and Return of Superman (PAL)
    Megaman Wily Wars (PAL)
    World Championship Soccer 2 (PAL)
    Fatal Fury 2 (PAL)
    The Punisher (PAL)
    Saturday Night Slam Masters (PAL)
    Mega Turrican (PAL)
    Slap Fight (JP)
    V-V (JP)

I could go on and on :D

Then there are PAL 32X games. Darxide, TMek and Primal Rage can go for €2000 each.

If you go up a generation to N64/Saturn, the Sega Saturn would completely destroy the N64 when it comes to rarities and prices. Fairly sure the N64 doesn't have a price equivalent of Psychic Killer Taromaru...

Advertisement