Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I call a halt?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Witchie wrote: »
    Oh believe me we had a talk about it today. He has the house spotless again and has changed and washed all the bed clothes. I told him he won't be having another party.

Girls were allowed but didn't want them staying over and bar storming into a room and dragging them out to the car I couldn't really do anything about it.

In general, for a party of young ones they were so well behaved. Not even a bottle was broken and they were all very polite and sweet. Just not happy about the rules being broken.

Ah, I wouldn't be so quick to go down the NO PARTIIIIIEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS route.

As you said, polite, well mannered, and when you said to kill it, they killed it. Yes, the no girls rule was broken, as was the no spirits, they're of that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Ah, I wouldn't be so quick to go down the NO PARTIIIIIEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS route.

As you said, polite, well mannered, and when you said to kill it, they killed it. Yes, the no girls rule was broken, as was the no spirits, they're of that age.

I might relent sometime but at the moment he knows he has his hind legs and tail in the doghouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I might relent sometime but at the moment he knows he has his hind legs and tail in the doghouse.

That's the stuff. Jaysis, good parenting. Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

bar storming into a room and dragging them out to the car I couldn't really do anything about it.

This is a mute point now, I know...... But, wouldn't an authoritative "No, unfortunately you can't stay over ladies. I'm happy to drop you home" be enough to shift them? Or would they argue back with you, or what.....??

I have very limited experience of today's teenagers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I didn't know they were staying over until they were already gone to bed and was a bit afraid of busting into the room and seeing something I wouldn't want to see if am honest, but also thought there was no point in locking the stable door after the horse had bolted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I didn't know they were staying over until they were already gone to bed and was a bit afraid of busting into the room and seeing something I wouldn't want to see if am honest, but also thought there was no point in locking the stable door after the horse had bolted.

As a mother of teenagers I would have made certain sure that I knew where they were sleeping and would have looked into every room and if by chance I did see something that i didnt want to see those concerned would have been out of the room quicker than you could say bare arse. And another thing I would make them call their parents to collect them.
    Op I think you are burying your head in the sand here.

Ps I said in an earlier post that I would let them have their fun but this was before the rules were broken

Advertisement