Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting the shift

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 emma9

Well I shifted him anyway. Thanks for the advice lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Actually hum.....duh! And who said it was a he[\B]

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:
    I don't think anyone did but please elaborate :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

emma9 wrote: »
    Well I shifted him anyway. Thanks for the advice lads

So.... how was it? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

My first shift was in a run down cottage in Waterford at a party when I was 12, I married her in August at 32, a lot happened in between though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Op what's the hurry no one can tell by looking My advice is wait until you're ready. Chances are this boy will tell the whole country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

.....she already shifted him :P

So I see :D

thelad95 wrote: »
    So.... how was it? ;)

I don't know what's it's like to have a good shift, but I know that I certainly didn't have one. So we said hi and stood awkwardly looking at each other for about a minute, I almost thought we weren't going to do it at all. But then suddenly he leaned in and it happened, wasn't really expecting it then.

I think there was way too much tongue and I didn't really know what to do. I started to follow his lead a bit after the initial shock wore off. Then I noticed around my mouth was getting fairly wet. I was hoping he would just end it, I thought if I ended it first I would have to deal with more awkwardness, and then after about 5 minutes of mentally arguing with myself I pulled away. It went on for about 20 minutes I'd say. There was drool all over my face and I don't even know who's fault that was, I'm obviously hoping it was his. I'm not sure if he's going to tell people because he was late for school over it, people from the country tend to get to school earlier and his friends would probably wonder why he was late.

I wouldn't say I regret it but I would have preferred not to have done it, I should have listened to those of you that told me to wait. I think it would have been better with someone I actually liked.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wouldn't say I regret it but I would have preferred not to have done it, I should have listened to those of you that told me to wait. I think it would have been better with someone I actually liked.

At least you still have that to look forward to. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Next time will be better :)

It's very possible that the drool was my fault wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It happens all the time. My ex once ended up attempting to shift my chin, which was hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Nope. He was using too much tongue ugh. It is possible he is illuminati.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Probably was :D I had my hands in a vice behind some big hefty wan for my first shift, second one I still didn't know what to do and just followed her lead after she asked because I was too shy :/

Its nothing to worry about, it'll come naturally in time

To be honest, if your shifting for twenty minutes without a break, there's going to be drool it can't be helped. Not your fault in any way.

It does sound like he gave you a bit of the dishwasher treatment though. Too much tongue and drool is a turn off for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Romantic films generally overlook the amount of bodily fluids actually present.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

1st Shift - Think I was 13, it was all prearranged by our friends (but we had been texting it was omg soooo cute). We met up at the local gaa pitch with about 15 other people there, we were pretty reluctant with the crowd so we literally got pushed into a tiny shed and they locked us in.

After about 5mins of awkwardness she ended up going for it...and it was awesome :D

Damn, good times!

Shifting when you were younger was hilarious, goin to a disco an shiftin the face of a young wan for a good hour, you'd never do it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

1st Shift - Think I was 13, it was all prearranged by our friends (but we had been texting it was omg soooo cute). We met up at the local gaa pitch with about 15 other people there, we were pretty reluctant with the crowd so we literally got pushed into a tiny shed and they locked us in.

After about 5mins of awkwardness she ended up going for it...and it was awesome :D

Damn, good times!

Shifting when you were younger was hilarious, goin to a disco an shiftin the face of a young wan for a good hour, you'd never do it now!

Speak for yourself :pac::pac::pac:

My best friend when I was a kid was a guy, and we were playing in his room when his older brother came in. He informed us that we needed to meet, because he wasn't having a frigid brother. Then instructed us to shift...that's kinda awkward, actually.

That sounds traumatising! :P

It ended up that yer man is gay, so yeah. It kinda is in retrospect...I had a fecked up childhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    It ended up that yer man is gay, so yeah. It kinda is in retrospect...I had a fecked up childhood.

The first time someone tried to shift me was when I was 11 and I was in Trabolgan.....

I squirted vinegar in his eye :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The first time someone tried to shift me was when I was 11 and I was in Trabolgan.....

I squirted vinegar in his eye :P

EPIC hahaha

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Ahh tbh 20 mins later I think Id be bored.. Even if it was a lovely shift

Also "wet shifts"(lol wet) are really gross dont worry, life improves from that... I feel like trying to breathe through your mouth affects that too? Im sure theres 7000 factors that come into it.. Do you really regret it OP?

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ahh tbh 20 mins later I think Id be bored.. Even if it was a lovely shift

Also "wet shifts"(lol wet) are really gross dont worry, life improves from that... I feel like trying to breathe through your mouth affects that too? Im sure theres 7000 factors that come into it.. Do you really regret it OP?

I was very bored, I thought it would never end. Breathing through your mouth stops drooling or causes it?

Regret is a bit strong but I shouldn't have done it. I was fairly disgusted with myself after it but having everyone reassuring me on this has helped. I also told my friend and she made me feel better about it too. I suppose I've learned a valuable lesson from all of this

I hope you don't feel cheap or anything, you only shifted him, it's not like ye had sex or anything. It's an innocent enough act after all.

Besides, most people's first kisses aren't great, don't worry it's all uphill from this :)

thelad95 wrote: »
    I hope you don't feel cheap or anything, you only shifted him, it's not like ye had sex or anything. It's an innocent enough act after all.

Besides, most people's first kisses aren't great, don't worry it's all uphill from this :)

Haha I know I feel like I'm being a bit dramatic here, I suppose I've just realised that shifting someone meant a bit more to me than I thought it would. I don't know what I was expecting but I thought it would be better than that. I'm ok with it now though :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I was very bored, I thought it would never end. Breathing through your mouth stops drooling or causes it?

Regret is a bit strong but I shouldn't have done it. I was fairly disgusted with myself after it but having everyone reassuring me on this has helped. I also told my friend and she made me feel better about it too. I suppose I've learned a valuable lesson from all of this

Yea I think thats ok.. With some lad you dont really know and your first shift I dont think you can be expected to be into it for that long..
    There's no point being disgusted with yourself though, you really didnt do anything wrong, like shifting is pretty normal and tame. It' probably just coz its all new to you your head is kinda messy.
    Oh and I think breathing through your mouth causes saliva to build up!

Onwards and upwards though girlie.

Ooh yano what I realised I hate more than slobbery shifts, when teeth collide tbh like that irritates me soo much not even the idea of it but the feeling and just urgh I hate it so much

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

Chin up buttercup, you're drooling!
    Its more than OK to be a little underwhelmed with your first shift, in fact its probably a good thing. Aim for perfection :)
    Be glad you did it though, you'll progressively get better at it as you go along.. which means when you find someone you really like you'll have the 20 min slobathon under your belt as well as subsequent goings on.
    20 minutes though? That's fair going, you might have been bored but I'd say he wasn't :)

Also I read some place that you remember you first shift more vividly than loosing your virginity. Don't know how true that is but I can still taste the weetabix on her breath anyway :rolleyes:

Nobody say "Yeah, because it was last week"...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Or when someone actually uses teeth when shifting....JESUS

LOL. You haven't experimented enough.
    seriously, a gentle nibble on the bottom lip is class
    :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I remember my first attempt at a first shift was a disaster. It was a Gaeltacht romance. He went in for it at the first disco and young innocent me freaked out. I never did shift him in the end.

Had that honour with my current long term (8 years!) boyfriend instead. Now he totally took me by surprise though I should have been expecting it because it had been bound to happen for ages. I thought that he was going in for a hug! It's probably both cheesy and embarrassing but I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

• Advertisement

Deranged96 wrote: »
    Chin up buttercup, you're drooling!
    Its more than OK to be a little underwhelmed with your first shift, in fact its probably a good thing. Aim for perfection :)
    Be glad you did it though, you'll progressively get better at it as you go along.. which means when you find someone you really like you'll have the 20 min slobathon under your belt as well as subsequent goings on.
    20 minutes though? That's fair going, you might have been bored but I'd say he wasn't :)

Also I read some place that you remember you first shift more vividly than loosing your virginity. Don't know how true that is but I can still taste the weetabix on her breath anyway :rolleyes:

Nobody say "Yeah, because it was last week"...

Yeah, because it was five minutes ago? :P

As for the teeth thing, as An File said, if done right it's nice but there's no need to try chew off the person's face. ;)

Advertisement