Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque lodgement

Options
  • 22-01-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, i lodged an AIB Cheque to my account last Friday lunchtime.  This cheque balance is showing in my account but the funds are not available still as of this morning!  Can you tell me how long it will take this cheque to clear and when i can expect to have this money for use in my account?  This seems like a ridiculous length of time to have to wait for an Irish cheque to clear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Wiffles,[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]A domestic cheque can take up to 5 working days to clear in your account and the day of the cheque lodgement is inclusive in this time frame.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]As you have confirmed that the cheque was lodged last Friday, the funds should be available tomorrow for you. For confirmation of the cleared funds in your account, please call our Bank of Ireland Direct Team on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be more than happy to a[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]ssist you.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We have answered a similar query previously regarding the time frames for cheque lodgements. You can view this here and hopefully it will help clarify this procedure for you.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If there is anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to contact us again.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Elaine[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Wiffles

Hi Elaine, thanks so much i really appreciate you coming back so quickly.
    Happy to know it will be cleared before the weekend :-)

Advertisement