Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT - Owner vs purchased from

Options
  • 22-01-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Bit of a long winded question but any help would be much appreciated.

My gf has bought a 1 series from the UK last week, bought privately from a wheeler dealer type guy but car checked out and very happy with the purchase.

When we got the car he said he would give us the log book and just sign it rather than changing the ownership into his name. Great we thought, one less documented owner. He did us up an invoice signed it and off we went.

My question now is what do we fill out on the VRT form where it asks person or business from whom the vehicle was purchased on form vrtvpd2. The log book says one person but the invoice says another. Screenshot of the form is here.

vLaYRM9.png

Dont want to make any mistakes because its 50 quid admin charge apparently if these forms are not 100%.

All help is appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

I'd put the details on the invoice in 2 and leave 3 blank

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Even if you had bought it from a UK motor dealer the car would not have been in its name; the V5C would still have the name of the person from whom he had bought it/taken it in trade. PLease tell me that she got the full V5C (minus a few cutoffs).....

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Ya indeed have the V5C without the small cutoff.

Advertisement