Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Chilling Feeling - Fahrenheit Remake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Hopefully, since it says it can be played with a DualShock 4, that means it will "just work" - if so, and if my computer can run it it'll be a no brainer of a purchase for me.

However, I'd love to have it on the PS4, or even the Vita if they're going down the mobile route.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw Click Online post Fahrenheit Remastered is out now :eek:

Only on PC, Mac, Linux and iOS

https://www.fahrenheit-game.com/?age-verified=d24860f3ae

Guess I'll change the thread title now and never play it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A few updated textures and that's it? Really is there anyone out there who even wants to play through Fahrenheit again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

A few updated textures and that's it? Really is there anyone out there who even wants to play through Fahrenheit again?

If this was on the XBOX One and cheap then I would.

But it does look like a half assed remaster at best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It does look pretty half assed alright. Still, for $10 it's not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's an odd one alright. When Farenheit was released on GoG a few years back, it was done so by Quantic Dream themselves. This remaster, if you want to call it, is both developed and published by Aspyr. I guess QD did a licencing deal with them for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's a pity games can't work like 35mm film isn't it :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gizmo wrote: »
    It's an odd one alright. When Farenheit was released on GoG a few years back, it was done so by Quantic Dream themselves. This remaster, if you want to call it, is both developed and published by Aspyr. I guess QD did a licencing deal with them for it?

More likely the deal at the time was QD developed the game for the publisher with the publisher retaining the rights to the IP and not QD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    More likely the deal at the time was QD developed the game for the publisher with the publisher retaining the rights to the IP and not QD.
    Well that's the odd part. If that was the case then why wouldn't it have been Atari, the original publishers of the game, who put the game on GoG and, more recently, the ones who commissioned Aspyr to develop the Remastered edition rather than latter taking up the publisher mantle?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gizmo wrote: »
    Well that's the odd part. If that was the case then why wouldn't it have been Atari, the original publishers of the game, who put the game on GoG and, more recently, the ones who commissioned Aspyr to develop the Remastered edition rather than latter taking up the publisher mantle?

Atari probably needed the money and I'd say buying the rights to publish Fahrenheit were bargain basement prices for that sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Anyone know if this will work hassle free with a DS3/DS4?

Advertisement