Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe levels of heavy metals (Pb) in a food?

Options
  • 22-01-2015 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Been googling around and couldn't find anything that answers this clearly. The article below talks about FDA banning certain foods above 0.1 ppm lead but doesn't literally say what ranges are def gonna mess people up.
    http://www.foodsafetymagazine.com/magazine-archive1/octobernovember-2009/reducing-lead-exposure-from-food/

Is 15ppm of lead (Pb) alright to be eating? Say in quanitities of like .5kg-1kg a week.

(For the uptight ppl that can never bring themselves to answer without making sure they're in love with the reason I want to know: I'm buying some cheap foodstuffs wholesale and want to know what a desirable purity is).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Ah wrong forum. Doesn't seem to let me delete. Wanna move it to H & F there?

Advertisement