Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 929 - What's your experience?

Options
  • 22-01-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Just submitted a form 929 for change of address and/or passport details. They make a lovely little note on there, that "The department will not acknowledge the return of this form and will not contact you to confirm these details have been updated."

Since i have no idea when it'll be processed, I'm just wondering if anyone else, on any visa type, has updated their passport details in the past couple of years, and what was your experience like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

my wife renewed her passport on her last visit to Ireland. she e-mailed immi as instructed but when arriving back had to wait about ten minutes at customs while the change was manually entered into the system.

went to nz a few months ago and the change still hasn't been fixed. she just carries her old passport and copies if her visa to speed things up. this time we were only delayed a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

catbear wrote: »
    went to nz a few months ago and the change still hasn't been fixed. she just carries her old passport and copies if her visa to speed things up.
    well that's a pain in the balls! What was the difference in time between being in Ireland and going to NZ? I'll be checking the VEVO every other week to see if the change happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

they supposedly updated the details in Feb and we travelled to nz in November. we're not too bothered as we're leaving soon anyway. hopefully our super and tax return isn't as dragged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Hey

I got a new passport in june , had to apply to consulate in sydney and they send it to ireland etc ..

Anyway , i sent change of address / passport form along with copies of old and new passports signed by JP early august , was checking vevo for about 3 weeks with no change . Only my old passport details would let me log in !

I then rang immi , told me they had no record of the new details i sent in , even it was sent by registered post .
    They said to resend everthing again .!
    I left it for about 2 - 3 weeks then because i was in no major panic but would prefered to have it sorted , checked vevo and was changed to the new details . So i think it took approx 5 to 6 weeks to change it .
    I rang them again to double check but was all good ..
    Went to nz at xmas and had no problems coming back in , an with the new irish passports you can use the express gates.
    Im on visa 461 new zealand parter visa , dont know myself if it takes longer for them to change details on different visas or whatever ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

NIALL D wrote: »
    I then rang immi , told me they had no record of the new details i sent in , even it was sent by registered post .
    They said to resend everthing again .!
    I left it for about 2 - 3 weeks then because i was in no major panic but would prefered to have it sorted , checked vevo and was changed to the new details . So i think it took approx 5 to 6 weeks to change it .

Thanks for that. I dumped mine directly with the IMMI office in Adelaide. The place was like crazy town, spotted the 'forms' box, chucked it in there and ran back out :D will check vevo in a month or so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement