Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy (4 years employment but part time for the last 18 months)

Options
  • 22-01-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Perhaps you can help me. I have just been informed that I am to be made redundant as where I work is scheduled to close on the 28th Feb. There has been no talk of redundancy pay.

I have worked with the company since Feb 2011 . I was finally provided with a contract after 2 years of working there. Over the past 18 months I have been working on reduced hours (my choice) and a reduced hourly rate . I left the company for 2 weeks to look for alternative employment two years ago but returned to employment for the company after only 2 weeks. The rough timeline is as follows.

Feb 2011 - Started full time employment
    Nov 2012 - Left for 2 weeks to seek alternative employment but returned
    March 2013 - Issued with my first contract of employment from company.
    August 2013 - I advised that I would only be available for reduced hours as I was returning to education. Employer agreed but began to pay me reduced hourly rate (not verbally discussed with me but not contested by me either).
    No new contract was issued.
    Jan 2015 - Notice of termination

If I take a new job before Feb will I lose my redundancy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Did you resign when you left for two weeks? As in, got your p45?

Advertisement