Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

theft, pure and simple.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

ianburke wrote: »
    ive gone through recent results on coral webiste and looked at similar matches decided in overtime..penguins/flyers,oilers/capitals,min wild/red wings,predators/canadiens. all matches settled ODD - WINNER on their website.

Any others decided in a shoot-out? I know Coyotes/Jets was decided in overtime and settled Odd- winner because I bet on it, won the bet and withdrew the winnings. This was just last sunday so the rules can't have changed.

ive gone through recent results on coral webiste and looked at similar matches decided in overtime..penguins/flyers,oilers/capitals,min wild/red wings,predators/canadiens. all matches settled ODD - WINNER on their website.

Any others decided in a shoot-out? I know Coyotes/Jets was decided in a shootout and settled Odd- winner because I bet on it, won the bet and withdrew the winnings. This was just last sunday so the rules can't have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

red wings/min mild went to penalties.so did the capitals/oilers game.

Cheers for that, I'll bring that up over the phone tomorrow

Trawled through the results on coral's website, went all the way back to 6th of january and found 5 that were decided by a shootout where they offered odd/even markets and all of them were settled as ODD-WINNER. Took screenshots of them all.

• Advertisement

ya they havent a lef to stand on now. i also noticed for ur bet they have in the results page ODD - LOSER...which i find strange...why dont they have EVEN - WINNER....maybe theyve settled everyones bets as losers and hope the guys like you dont bother them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I wouldn't hound them.

Send them all the screenshots etc in a mail, explain the situation and wait their response.
    If it's not correct or to your satisfaction, then make sure you keep a copy of everything and include all that in the IBAS email.

As already stated earlier in the thread, gambling debts are not legally enforceable so don't bother going down that road.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I wouldn't hound them.

Send them all the screenshots etc in a mail, explain the situation and wait their response.
    If it's not correct or to your satisfaction, then make sure you keep a copy of everything and include all that in the IBAS email.

As already stated earlier in the thread, gambling debts are not legally enforceable so don't bother going down that road.

I've got nothing but one sentence responses when I tried to explain the rules to them. I really don't have anything to hit them with because like you said, they can dick me about all they want and suffer no consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

This gentleman's agreement worked in days when bookies were fair
    but these days they are no better than the con men with milk crates
    playing find the queen ,they just want easy money.

Traders hide behind the customer service staff who in the main
    don't know the rules very well.

I'd say this is the problem myself OP they just dont know the rules if someone with a bit of cop on sat down and read the rules it would be sorted in 10 minutes.

Something needs to be done to stop this sort of carry on but nothing will.

I wouldn't hound them.

Yeah, they responded with the exact same message. I'm going to ring them tomorrow and go through their formal complaints procedure. I have nothing to threaten them with though. They can blow me off for eternity and there's nothing I can do about it.

• Advertisement

I would have thought ringing was a waste of time.
    I would always email so that you have a record of exactly what was said by both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

At least by ringing you can get the person hopefully a manager
    to read the rules while on the phone and get them to give their
    perception of them.

Live chat l find a total waste of time, Email less so but always favour ringing myself.

Woaw woaw woaw.

So I just got a response saying the following:
    I can confirm that The bet is settled correctly in accordance with our rules.

36. US Ice Hockey (NHL)
    36.1 Match Time and Validity
    The following rules apply:

All markets will be settled at the end of regulation time unless otherwise specified;

But here's a conversation with the live chat people:
    BradleyR: Hello. Thank you for contacting Coral Customer Support, your speaking to Bradley. How can I help you?
    walshyn93: Hi bradley
    walshyn93: I'd like to place a bet on an Ice Hockey game. I'd like to wager on an Odd number of goals. Can you tell me how this bet will be settled if it is drawn in normal time by finishes with a 1 goal margin after a penalty shootout?
    walshyn93: *but
    walshyn93: the rules say 36. US Ice Hockey (NHL)

All markets will be settled at the end of regulation time unless otherwise specified;

For bets on a specific period the period must be played in its entirety for bets to stand. Otherwise, all bets are void;
    if a game is decided by penalty shoot-out, one goal will be added to the winning team's score, and the game total;
    walshyn93: 36.4 Game Totals

Overtime will be included in the final result to determine bet settlement, unless otherwise specified.
    walshyn93: does rule 36.4 apply to Odd/Even markets?
    BradleyR: Thank you. Please bear with me while I look into this for you. I will be back with you shortly.
    BradleyR: overtime is applied to this market
    walshyn93: so if it's 2-2 for example and goes to a shootout and ends 3-2 the odd selection will win?
    BradleyR: overtime is included the shoot out is not
    walshyn93: but it says: if a game is decided by penalty shoot-out, one goal will be added to the winning team's score, and the game total;
    BradleyR: that is for the result not for betting purposes the shoot out is not included in this
    walshyn93: that's what the rules say though
    walshyn93: so how can the rules say that if it's not for betting purposes
    walshyn93: what other purpose could there be?
    BradleyR: i have just spoke with the supervisor and they tole me that overtime is included but not the shootout

They're all over the ****ing place. I've got them now.

It's important to note that I have screenshots of them paying out on a shootout not just overtime. That conversation was directly after speaking to a number of different people, so I have a feeling they only said overtime counts because they knew it was me and they knew th circumstances of my bet. Every other shootout was paid out as Odd- Winner.

cant believe they are still refusing to pay. keep us updated mate its a joke the way they are treating you. no doubt theyve done the same to others who may not even know they got screwed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Interested in this thread, absolutely ridicilous form the bookies part.

Keep harassing them, weather it was a 10er or 100.

It's the principal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

walshyn93 wrote: »
    Woaw woaw woaw.

So I just got a response saying the following:

But here's a conversation with the live chat people:

They're all over the ****ing place. I've got them now.

It's important to note that I have screenshots of them paying out on a shootout not just overtime. That conversation was directly after speaking to a number of different people, so I have a feeling they only said overtime counts because they knew it was me and they knew th circumstances of my bet. Every other shootout was paid out as Odd- Winner.

get onto the http://www.ibas-uk.com/

I am in the process of doing so with one with odd changed after bets been placed .

Doing another one today after spoilsports altering odds from 16/1 to 4/1 they didnt contact me before the match , but did after it did email me tried to ride it out the sods. Sure they could do this with all losing bets , if I had lost would they have contacted me ?? no fcking way

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

All bookies do that, they will try and get everything on their side and never give anything away unless they have to.
    IBAS is probably the only way with this as it looks like you are gong to get nowhere continuing to talk to them on chat.
    They will probably try and stretch it out and hope you go away.
    As said before, keep copies of everything and good luck with it.

All bookies do that, they will try and get everything on their side and never give anything away unless they have to.
    IBAS is probably the only way with this as it looks like you are gong to get nowhere continuing to talk to them on chat.
    They will probably try and stretch it out and hope you go away.
    As said before, keep copies of everything and good luck with it.

I've sent them the following email about 3 times now with no response.
    To the Head of Customer Service,

Please consider this the initiation of a formal dispute in accordance with section 18.2 of your terms and conditions.

I just received the following message from you customer support team:

"Dear Mr xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Coral Customer Support.

I can confirm that The bet is settled correctly in accordance with our rules.

36. US Ice Hockey (NHL)

All markets will be settled at the end of regulation time unless otherwise specified;"

The same rule goes on to state if the game goes to a penalty shootout one goal will be added to the winning teams score and the game total. As my bets were on an odd number of goals this would make both of my bets winners. I have documented evidence of identical bets involving penalty shootouts being settled in this manner taken from your website screenshot and enclosed with this email.

I am prepared to contact you daily until I get a satisfactory answer or the full returns for both of my winning bets to the amount of €546

Bet ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Bet ID:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    username: xxxxxxx

Kindest regards,
    xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I've sent them the following email about 3 times now with no response.

they got back to me right away with a form , ring them

duckysauce wrote: »
    they got back to me right away with a form , ring them

No I sent that email to Coral. I got a letter from IBAS in the post today. I have more info I can send IBAS, any idea how I send additional info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

No I sent that email to Coral. I got a letter from IBAS in the post today. I have more info I can send IBAS, any idea how I send additional info?

Scan and email

Scan and email

Cheers, just emailed this to IBAS. Can't spell it out for them any more than this.
    To whom it may concern,

I have additional information relating to the above dispute which may be of interest. I have attached two documents and a screenshot to this email. One of these documents contains the results from Coral.co.uk and the NHL official website indicating that past events involving penalty shootouts have all been settled as ODD - Winner with the sole exceptions being my bets.

The other document contains conversations with Coral's live chat support and a screenshot of an email from Coral customer support showing a clear lack of consistency and knowledge of the rules. In one correspondence (live chat) the staff member XXXXXXX (near the end of the word document) tells me that overtime is applied to this market. In the email correspondence another staff member (XXXXXXX) tells me the market is settled in regulation time. Both staff members claim to speak on behalf of their superiors. One claims to have consulted the traders and the other claims to have consulted their supervisor (he presumably did not contact the traders because my query was not technically related to a specific bet). I think this speaks to the fact that Coral's staff aren't fully clued in as to the rules governing this market and this is likely what lead to this error in the first place. The fact that Coral consistently settle shootouts as Odd - Winner would indicate that the third line of rule 36.1 in respect of Game Total bets is in effect. "if a game is decided by penalty shoot-out, one goal will be added to the winning team's score, and the game total;" (emphasis added by me) (source: rule 36.1 https://coral-eng.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2141)

Kind regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Have you actually spoken to Coral customer care? You'll need to get someone senior on the phone and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

drumswan wrote: »
    Have you actually spoken to Coral customer care? You'll need to get someone senior on the phone and explain the situation.

This^^^

they not offering the market now? any updates OP? on top of your winnings you should be given a freebet for the trouble theyve given you. instead your account will probably be limited to peanuts when they re-settle the bets

freebet

Coral :eek:
    Better chance of winning the Euro Millions!

they not offering the market now? any updates OP? on top of your winnings you should be given a freebet for the trouble theyve given you. instead your account will probably be limited to peanuts when they re-settle the bets

Update as of today. I hadn't checked my account in over a week but today I had 273 euro in it. One of the disputed bet decisions was changed, I received no emails from IBAS or Coral about this if I hadn't checked I'd never have known. I've withdrawn the funds and will wait until they reach my account before I contact them again to hunt down the rest just so we don't have a repeat of last time.

Fair dues.
    Sounds like IBAs have kicked Coral around and Coral have settled one bet.
    That's a start.

Fair dues.
    Sounds like IBAs have kicked Coral around and Coral have settled one bet.
    That's a start.

It's a start, but we're back to square one now..,

I withdrew the winnings from one and received them today. So I went after the other. turns out Coral have changed their rules. They keep telling my that the old rules they have on file (which apply to my bet) are different to the ones I've screenshot and timestamped. They say the new rules came into effect on the 30th of January and I have a screenshot from the 22nd. http://i.gyazo.com/af4a529ac1b34469820a26f2d5610151.png

They keep saying:
    As I have already stated, we have signed authority on the old rules and when the new rules came into effect - unfortunately that overrules whatever evidence you may think you have

They really are a pack of lying thieves.

• Advertisement

I now can't sign into my account. They may have cancelled it.

Advertisement