Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"uncongested broadband" unusable in the evening

Options
  • 22-01-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi 
    I currently have eircom uncongested broadband. Supposedly up to 24mb download.
    At the moment I have 8-12mb download in the mornings but its almost unusable in the evenings 1-2mb at best.
    I though the whole point of "uncongested broadband" is that this doesnt happen?
    Will be taking the opportunity of the recent price increase to cancel my contract if this is not sorted quickly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

I also suffer from this problem along with countless others on this forum. I'm currently in the process of obtaining performance figures from neighbours during peak and off-peak times to servers inside and outside of Ireland to show that the high pings found on my line are not an isolated incident. Currently, the ping will skyrocket and download speeds will fall between the hours of 5-11pm indicating that the 'uncongested' rural broadband that Eircom advertises is a complete lie.

If you want to determine performance figures for your line during peak and off-peak times i'd advise you to use the command prompt in windows and use the following comands:

ping www.eircom.net -t

ping www.google.com -t

This will give you a ping value in milliseconds (ms), you'll notice that these is a large difference between the values during peak and off-peak times. You'll also notice that the difference between eircom and google is large aswell because eircoms servers are located in Ireland while Googles are located outside of Ireland.

I'm in the Carnmore region of Galway which has been promised eFibre for quite some time but consistently gets pushed back. Before January it said July 2015, not it's been increased to July - December 2015 so i'm optimistic that it'll be available around July 2016...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

randel wrote: »
    Hi 
    At the moment I have 8-12mb download in the mornings but its almost unusable in the evenings 1-2mb at best.
    Will be taking the opportunity of the recent price increase to cancel my contract if this is not sorted quickly.
    Hi Randel

If you would like to PM me your land line number I will look in to this further for you,

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭randel

Hi 
    Hi Randel

If you would like to PM me your land line number I will look in to this further for you,

Thanks
    Al
    Done

Hi 
    Hi Randel

Thanks
    Al
    Done
    Thanks randel

I will be back to you as soon as possible.

Al

Hi 
    Hi Randel

Thanks
    Al
    Done
    Thanks randel

Al
    Any update on this?

• Advertisement

Hi 
    Hi Randel

Thanks
    Al
    Done
    Thanks randel

Al
    Any update on this?
    Apologies for the delays randel

I'll be back to you as soon as possible

Thanks
    AL

Hi 
    Hi Randel

Thanks
    Al
    Done
    Thanks randel

Al
    Any update on this?
    Apologies for the delays randel

I'll be back to you as soon as possible

Thanks
    AL
    HI Alan,
    I am still waiting on this. Why is my "uncongested broadband" unusable in the evenings?
    I am going to have to look into cancelling my contract - I am not getting the service I am paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

HI Alan,
    I am still waiting on this. Why is my "uncongested broadband" unusable in the evenings?
    I am going to have to look into cancelling my contract - I am not getting the service I am paying for.

I'm waiting for the answer ,I got the exact same problem ,and I'm in cavan

Hi Alan,
    why have you not responded at this stage?

Hi Alan,
    why have you not responded at this stage?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi randel

Apologies for the delays,

My tests initially had shown no issues internally nor externally on the line your broadband is on and there was also no sign of interference. As a result of this I had escalated your details internally to our technical support department who investigated this further however they have got back to me advising that they too find no issues which requires the attention of engineers.

You may have noticed that lately there have been reports of slow speeds at peak times to specific international servers. The reports are not as bad as previously reported as a result of the works to improve international routing. Technical support have advised that this is indeed an attributing factor however have offered assurances that works to improve international routing will remain to be carried out in to the future.

Such issues are taken in to consideration when advising and providing broadband speeds as all speeds are provided in the condition of 'up to' 24Mb. Again randel I do apologise for the delays and should you wish to continue in cancelling your account please contact eircoms cancellations team on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi Alan.
    Sorry to jump on this thread. I gave tried many channels but no success.
    I have now a simple question . How do I make a claim for compensation against eircom. My landline has been down since the 19th of janand still has not being repaired.
    Please ca you either pm me or pass this on to who every really cares in eircom.

Hi Alan.
    Sorry to jump on this thread. I gave tried many channels but no success.
    I have now a simple question . How do I make a claim for compensation against eircom. My landline has been down since the 19th of janand still has not being repaired.
    Please ca you either pm me or pass this on to who every really cares in eircom.
    Hi homewardbound11

I'm very sorry to hear this, I had previously request that this be escalated and you be contacted on the progress. Please leave this with me and I will seek clarification from works management, as soon as I have an update I'll let you know (I'll also request priority for you).

You can claim for a rebate upon resolution of the issue and I'll be happy to assist with this also.

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement